It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Smoke at Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Has anyone woken up to see smoke or fog like illusions in the middle of the night before? This used to happen frequently when I was younger. I would wake up in the middle of the night, and the room would be filled with smoke or fog. It was just a thin layer and it would be on the ground. But it would usually go away after a few minutes when I'm sitting in my bed. Has anyone else experienced this before?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed a smell with this fog or smoke? if so what did the smell remind you of?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I cannot recall smelling any kind of scent around me. I could only see it. I tried touching it, but I didn't feel anything. I'm not sure if its just my eyes playing tricks on me or not but it looks very real and it lasts for a few mins before it fades away. This used to happen like once or twice every month. I haven't experienced this in years though. It was an article about ectoplasm that I was reading today reminded me of these experiences.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Did it kind of look like this? It was a "Misty Apparition we had caught whilst doing EVP work and taking still photos. The following picture was taken directly after this one and it does not appear to be there. Both my sister and I didn't see anything with our naked eye when these photos were taken. but when you see the before and after, which was only seconds apart, their is really no explanation for it not to be there with how fast teh stills were taken.
And by the way, we have had some really good encounter's with apparitions, just happens when we don't have the equipment necessary, go figure.

I can't get my photo albums to take on ATS so I formatted them in with photobucket instead, sorry for the rudimentary round about way of having to post these pic's for you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

You give two common choices for what you see. "Smoke" can be eliminated because by its very nature, it is the result of something combusting. So usually there is some smell usually quit strong and pungent and frequently identified with what substance was burning to cause it (i.e., wood, candle, etc.).

Fog has a lot of sources if we are rather loose with the term. There is normal fog, carbon dioxide (dry ice) fog used in movies to substitute for normal fog, and so on to ectoplasm, sometimes an abduction- experience includes a fog. (So I'm basically saying if you didn't smell anything, it was not smoke you were seeing. It was something else!)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yes you are right! I called it smoke/fog because it just appeared to look similar to them. I didn't know how else to describe it.

reply to post by Allred5923

Yes!! It looks just like that. Its everywhere on the ground and the bedsheets. I wake up seeing it and then it just disappears. Thank you for sharing your photos!
edit on 12-3-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Like it was mentioned, if there was nothing you can smell, it was not smoke but something else. You should have felt very strange, if not at least a strange atmosphere if it was a spirit of some sort. I had a fog/smoke like spirit in my apartment a while back that lasted for a few weeks, you could watch it move from room to room, and spread itself thin so that it covered a few rooms at a time. It was strange to just watch it billow in from a doorway and work its way up to me, but it was always accompanied by strange sensations and an atmosphere you would likely find in a cemetery. I found it peculiar that it would always flow back into one specific unused room when it was done, as if to recuperate.

If you were not bothered by it, or as you said it just left when you woke up, then it was likely a more powerful spirit of some sort, but meant you no harm. Mine was in a whole other ballgame, pushing things over, forming into things, and the constant harassment. I'd consider myself lucky if I were you. Abductions are often accompanied by plentiful fog, but if you had no terrible recollections, nightmares, or marks found on you, I'd put that theory to rest.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

When we initially took these pictures, we were on our way up to the guest room above her garage area. I seen something like a fluffy ball of white shoot across the floor in front of me, and that is when we took the pictures. I did see something upon opening the door, but what we caught on the digital was not what I had initially seen, just an FYI.

top topics

join