It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Number three goes BOOM...

Number two hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
135 mph hour jet stream right now from japan to California. If there is a problem, that radioactive material will have no problem making it here within a day

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

2nd explosion (MOX reactor #3, Fukushima) is much worse than
the first explosion at reactor #1.

notice far more smoke and huge chunks of debris falling back to earth.
MOX fuel rods are said to be FUSED together, meaning that cooling them
is now irrelevant....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Here's something new:

Japan Fears Nuclear Meltdown

Japanese nuclear authorities said that there was a high possibility that nuclear fuel rods at a reactor at Tokyo Electric Power's Daiichi plant may be melting or have melted, Jiji news agency reported on Saturday.

But it goes on to say:

"Even in the worst-case scenario, that would mean some radioactive leakage and equipment damage, but not an explosion. If venting is done carefully, there will be little leakage. Certainly not beyond the 3 km radius."

Certainly doesn't sound to me like anyone is 'stopping' the effort to regain control of the plant(s).

peace

Awwwww. There you going injecting context and rational thought. That will NEVER get as many flags as a fear-spreading thread!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
135 mph hour jet stream right now from japan to California. If there is a problem, that radioactive material will have no problem making it here within a day

Japan is about 5000 miles from the US. Based on your numbers (135 mph), that would take almost four days.

Your math not on the good side. no.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do many of the posts in this thread seem to almost WANT this to be a worst case scenario?
second line

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
**Breaking**

Reactor two explosion reported on Japanese tv.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
f rom www.fokusde

22.29 Uhr: Radioaktiv verseuchtes Wasser wird aus den Reaktordruckbehältern im Atomkraftwerk Fukushima Daiichi direkt ins Meer zurück geleitet. Das bestätigte die japanische Atomaufsichtsbehörde NISA (Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency). Die Betreiberfirma TEPCO hatte begonnen, die Reaktordruckbehälter, in denen sich die Brennstäbe befinden und in denen eine Kernschmelze vermutet wird, mit Meerwasser zu kühlen, nachdem die regulären Notkühlsysteme versagt hatten.

With that we have the confirmation of my fear. They are cooling the damaged cores and wash the radio active poutants directly into the ocean. On the one hand Seawater is good at masking radioactivity, but the sea is harbouring a big part of our food suply, This is an unprecedented catrastorphy for every one living from the Pacific ocean.
The partialy exposed cores will oxidice and dissolve in the sea water. This just became a big big mess. Any marine Biologist who can tell how bad it real is gonig to be?

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
www.youtube.com...

2nd explosion (MOX reactor #3, Fukushima) is much worse than
the first explosion at reactor #1.

Now not trying to start some wild conspiracy here. But did anyone notice an explosion before the big explosion at 30sec mark ? Shouldn't this thing explode on the inside when this is happening ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There's been an explosion at the number 2 reactor at plant number 1.

This time things are potentially bad. The pressure vessel *may* have been damaged in the region of the supression pool. In particular there is a chance some contaminated water might leak.

So far still less than 1000 microsieverts radiation which is not a dangerous level. But this is an evolving situation.

Note this is not an explosion of radioactive material into the atmosphere. The issue here is a potential leak into the surrounding environment.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: edit

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I read on another thread it would take one day - I know I had read previously it would take 4 or 5 days as you stated. We need a reading over the Pacific soon, that is the only way we will know
just how much radiaition is in the atmosphere. I would think the military would be in charge of this and if the media gets it correctly they should tell us soon - I hope.
edit on 14-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I read on another thread it would take one day - I know I had read previously it would take 4 or 5 days as you stated. We need a reading over the Pacific soon, that is the only way we will know
just how much radiaition is in the atmosphere. I would think the military would be in charge of this and if the media gets it correctly they should tell us soon - I hope.
edit on 14-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

There are hundreds of monitoring stations all around the world. Nothing so far.

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Breaking News Banner on CNN reads
An "explosive impact" occurred at the No. 2 reactor at a quake-damaged nuclear power plant in Japan, plant's owner says.

"explosive impact" ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And from CNN as well as Fokus.
Next explosion and containment of number 2 damaged
And from here on out it is the question who will win the race for worst accident Czernobyl or Fokushima. On CNN all you here are people involved with nuklear plants as experts. no way those people will admit to anything until proven anything worth has already happened.
I mean how serious can you take a news coverage that states everything is fine and good, and will reamin so while underneath the news bar informs you that what is denied by the speaker will ever happen has allready happened?
The workers in that power plant must get tiered, with that arise misstakes, and once the secondary and third crew takes over more so. Outside relive workers are also more phrone to make mistakes...
In My opinion there is more bad news to come before it gets better.
First thing to learn from this is anyhow, do not build one block next to the other. that close proximity seems to have been the key factor in the escalation here.
The number one goes boom, knocks out cooling for number three.
Number three goes boom and knocks out cooling for number two. and that obviously worse than for the other two.
Number to gives griefiances more and more, obviously the containment that was preserved for one and three was lost for number two. now I hear there was an explosion heard at number two too.
Oh my.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Breaking News Banner on CNN reads
An "explosive impact" occurred at the No. 2 reactor at a quake-damaged nuclear power plant in Japan, plant's owner says.

"explosive impact" ?

It means that the explosion itself wasn't seen. Only the sound (impact) was heard. It occurred inside the internal structure.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Here we go: 8217 microsieverts per hour at the main gate of the reactor.

NOW you can start worrying about the surrounding environment in Japan.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by XtraTL

Here we go: 8217 microsieverts per hour at the main gate of the reactor.

NOW you can start worrying about the surrounding environment in Japan.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

There are reports coming out that the base of #2 reactor is breached and leaking radiation.

They are so screwed over there.

The US navy has moved an aircraft carrier due to detection of "low level radiation" 80 miles off the coast.

I don't care what they are reporting - they have had 2 Chernobyls and a 3rd is imminent.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

I don't care what they are reporting - they have had 2 Chernobyls and a 3rd is imminent.

How do you figure? The radiation level nearby Chernobyl shortly after the explosion was 10,000 times higher.

Care to explain? Or maybe Japanese radiation is more dangerous?

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
they have had 2 Chernobyls and a 3rd is imminent.

If they had 2 Chernobyls, trust me, you would know. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. What is going on is a genuine serious danger to many, but in no way is it in terms, another Chernobyl.

Originally posted by XtraTL
Care to explain? Or maybe Japanese radiation is more dangerous?

Different color too !

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was listening to Michael Savage on my way home from work (I know...I know) and he had a lady doctor who worked in the nuclear industry for decades on as a guest.....and she is warning that the reports of harmless radioactivity are false...and that if you are on the West Coast of America you had better prepare yourself immediately.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldnt trust the MSM to report any truth.

Japan as an island may soon be uninhabitable.......just imagine

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join