It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The Japanese engineers are giving periodic updates on Japanese TV:

jibtv.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

I can not find the link I was refering to but I did find some others that might explain what I'm talking about.

MOX Fuel

On the second link scroll down to where they talk about plutonium and uranium
Uranium and Plutonium

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Second nuclear meltdown likely under way in Japan, official says Seawater poured in to cool 1 reactor; venting starts at 2nd; thousands evacuated

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

All good mate, you're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree

There is much at stake here, and much to be gained (from a governing perspective) from misinformation regarding the true nature/extent of the 'incident' Radiation is scary, and misunderstood by a majority of people.

F*** me, I'm 8000 Km away, and attempting to 'logic' the potential impact on my life...if I was in the area, with kids/family...well, scary thought...but multiply that by 100,000...minimum.

I will take ANY bettors that this will go down in history somewhere betwwen TMI and Chernobyl in magnitude.I might have some doubt in my mind, but for the atrocious cover story by Japanese officials parroted by the MSM...(added)(plus pumping seawater on the pile, a prime indicator that the core is FUBAR)

The real sad part is, we will not know the true extent for months or years, and until the damage is done and people have died as a result-if history is any indicator.
edit on 13-3-2011 by servumlibertatem because: spelling, edit to add

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
From a Japanese Govt Official on twitter :

Unit 3 may encounter similar blast as Unit 1 due to accumulation of hydrogen in upper space of building. No damage to container expected.

Announcement made just in case to alert the public that similar event that took place yesterday afternoon to Unit 1 may occur to Unit 3.

twitter.com...

Sorry if already posted.

Still annoyed though, those units should really be nowhere near eachother. Even to the point of thinking that it should be law that they have to be miles apart at separate facilities. What if there's a meltdown in one unit and they can't get near the rest to stop them also having a meltdown? It's utter madness.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Info update (will post as they come in along with any links folks):

"RADIOACTIVE CLOUDS Identified - current tracking on JET STREAM data - March 13, 2011"

Links:

track national radiation:
www.radiationnetwork.com...

www.intellicast.com...

www.weather.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Within 3 hours ago of this post time stamp !

Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant faces new reactor problem
www.reuters.com...

(Guardian.co.uk)
# guardian.co.uk, Sunday 13 March 2011 05.28 GMT

Japan nuclear plant faces new threat

The emergency cooling system at a second nuclear reactor has failed, raising fears of a serious accident, but officials have said the low radiation levels pose no risk to human health

www.guardian.co.uk...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

# guardian.co.uk, Sunday 13 March 2011 05.33 GMT

Japan nuclear fears as systems fail at second reactor

Officials warn of more radiation leaks as residents panic, jamming city's exit roads
www.guardian.co.uk...

( Good INFO! ) Explaining whats going on at the plant Fukushima plant in Japan
and what could or might happen !

(Russian Today)
Nuclear Emergency: All eyes on Fukushima

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by servumlibertatem
reply to post by XtraTL

All good mate, you're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree

There is much at stake here, and much to be gained (from a governing perspective) from misinformation regarding the true nature/extent of the 'incident' Radiation is scary, and misunderstood by a majority of people.

F*** me, I'm 8000 Km away, and attempting to 'logic' the potential impact on my life...if I was in the area, with kids/family...well, scary thought...but multiply that by 100,000...minimum.

I will take ANY bettors that this will go down in history somewhere betwwen TMI and Chernobyl in magnitude.I might have some doubt in my mind, but for the atrocious cover story by Japanese officials parroted by the MSM...(added)(plus pumping seawater on the pile, a prime indicator that the core is FUBAR)

I think the things I've said are consistent with all of that. As I mentioned, there is still a risk of significant release of radioactive material. They need to keep cooling those things with water or there are dire possibilities.

I don't think anyone denies the core is ruined. Even TEPCO is not denying that.

At 8000km I wouldn't be too concerned. The amount of nuclear material that would have to be released to affect people 8000km away is pretty massive. And besides, there's a few billion people between you and it that I'd be more concerned about.

I can't believe someone's posted a video about radioactive clouds! Do they realise there's radiation in bananas?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
I hope its wrong , Japan has had more than enough nuclear radiation and tragedy in our time

The fallacy of building nuclear power plants on an earthquake fault have been cruelly exposed for all to see.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
Well correct me if I'm wrong but the steam that's created buy cooling the reactors down is getting vented into the atmosphere, So that means theres still going to be alot of radiation until there totally contained. Which is why they made a 70km radius around the sites. But still how much is being released and for how long is the question. If what there saying is true.

My neighbor up the street a real nuclear physicist, mentioned this also. he told me that they were monitoring this closely at the national lab, since they are the nuclear consultants for the plants in japan. I hate talking this doom and gloom stuff to him. He always answers with a straight face, kind of hard to gauge his reaction, but also said it should not be at critical levels when the top exploded off. he said there will be radiation in the steam and that whats he very concerned about and the containment vessel as well. He mention the radius is going to get bigger and the conditions are not looking that good for the plant due to the EQ after-shocks. He feels the concrete around the reactor might be cracking with every aftershock. Worst case, the reactor melts into the earth like it was designed to do.

No argument here with you, your on the money with this. but it's scary hearing this from a nuclear physicist. Then we had a beer.
edit on 13-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

Amazing that "conspiracy theorists" often have an "expert" liviing next door.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Ahhh... Someone must have told him about it. Did you notice the poker face at the 7 AM update?
And the less than jovial,sugar coated, attitude?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This sounds really bad... however, I have a brief physics question here.

Being that the elements found in the alloyed isotopes of fuel rods are all considerably heavier than air, how is it possible for these elements to stay in the atmosphere, especially long enough to reach the American western shores?

Were there studies done after the Hiroshima and Nagosaki detonations that showed this that I'm not aware of?
edit on 13-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
I hope its wrong , Japan has had more than enough nuclear radiation and tragedy in our time

The fallacy of building nuclear power plants on an earthquake fault have been cruelly exposed for all to see.

San Onofre comes to mind... Mankind, it seems, is plagued by stupidity... even when it comes down to our brightest minds. How sad.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
dangers of MOX fuel, from Greenpeace ...

(MOX fuel (as in crippled reactor #3) is like normal atomic fuel on steroids)

www.greenpeace.org.uk...

www.greenpeace.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I've visited two of your so called source links - nothing disclosed info on radioactive clouds or current tracking. WTF is up with bullsh** lies like this, making ATS look like a bunch of suck-it-up believers?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

They are both pretty heavy isotopes, i imagine they would fall into the sea before reaching other shores.
Also, the radioactive steam will likewise condense, & fall into the ocean. That's bad news for the fish, of course

I am no physicist, but i prefer this type of reactor over other types, because water is very good at absorbing radiation, the downside being the tremendous pressure you get from steam, & the resulting explosion, as seen on t.v.
We don't need nuclear energy at all, there are plenty of viable alternatives.
G**gle 'zero point energy' and ask yourself if it's possible, i believe it is.
Hell, don't ask G**gle, just ask ATS-plenty of threads on that subject alone.
My condolences to the Japanese, who are going through hell right now............

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok seems there is no new news from #1 or #2 reactors. Just info on the #3. So what gives ?

Also scanning guardian.co.uk The chief cabinet secretary Yukio Edano told a news briefing ,This will result in some radiation leakage, although at a level that won't affect peoples' health. It will help stabilise the situation."

He also said radiation from the number one reactor was "low enough not to affect people's health".

But then the government said"Workers in protective clothing were scanning people arriving at evacuation centres for radioactive exposure","Government officials revealed plans to distribute iodine tablets – a treatment for radiation poisoning – to locals while a 20km exclusion zone was set up round the plant."

"Residents outside the zone were urged to stay inside, close doors and windows and turn off air conditioning. Scientists had detected eight times the normal radiation levels outside the facility and 1,000 times normal levels inside the affected unit's control room."

So which is it or am I just not seeing the answer ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Take a look at this. Here is a Nuclear Power Plant Expert telling us everything about the Japanes power plant, what security procedures are at place and that it can NEVER com to a total meltdown. Read it. The guy seems to know exactly what he is talking about:

morgsatlarge.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

Very informative and learned some there (Hang on here it is) BUT hes just guessing.
He seems to have alot of information that nobody has or can find out at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join