It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

It should honestly all be documented in this thread I'm not searching through 250+ pages but man I been watchin this for 4 days now if you feel like bookmarking this post I'll come back and edit them in but it's gonna take a bit...

or you could do it yourself cause I know it's all in this thread I've been following since page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
OK! Wait one second here, something stinks with the Geiger counter link.

It was posted hours ago, but yet the timer only shows it's been running 1 hour?

Is this a looping clip or live?

Geiger Counter Link _ Live?

That is what I said a few posts above. I do not think this is legit. I like the link posted above. I will not be watching this geiger counter. I feel it will be a waste of time.

link   
reply to post by 1kftabove

Oops, excuse me I apologize, I mis-read your post and thought otherwise, my mistake!
Hope no offense is taken.
I got caught up in all the wind changing directions towards Japan, so I figured you were saying this was a good thing, because it has been heading east for a while.

link   
reply to post by RickyD

No no... definately not needed.
I am very capable of searching.
I'll take a look back over the 10 pages I've missed.

Thanks.
Stay safe

reg

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD

Reactor no.2 is in full meltdown
Reactor no.1 had the roof blow off which is where they store spent fuel rods
Reactor no.3 had 2 explosions and the outer building is demolished and may also have cracks in the containment vessel

That's the status at Fukishimia no.1

Source is a combined watch of many news feeds and live coverage and of coarse the best one is ATS

edit on 14-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

Hey, daft question I know but, is reactor 1 OK now? or could it still pose a risk of meltdown

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Thanks I was dreading having to go back through that...the other thread I posted only has about 90 pages so it should be easier to find...but I know for every explosion it gets posted by 8 people on 3 threads with 5 dif. sources lol so it shouldn't be too hard to miss

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Doesn't seem to be anyone in Japan ready to actually say they have a core breach, acceleration of radiation leaks or a meltdown as yet.
They are throwing a lot of maybes around and "may of happened or may be happening"
Just no one actually confirming they have lost it. I guess it would take a brave person to admit they have a full meltdown.
Obviously we can see what it does look like from the information we are getting but at this stage we can only wait for details as they come I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anybody have an idea on how many used rods are in the tanks below the active rods?
They store the old used rods in the plant for years befor moving to new location.

Found the answer.
my.firedoglake.com...

Gundersen said the unit 1 pool could have as much as 20 years of spent fuel rods, which are still radioactive.

We’d be lucky if we only had to worry about the spent fuel rods from a single holding pool. We’re not that lucky. The Fukushima Daiichi plant has seven pools for spent fuel rods. Six of these are (or were) located at the top of six reactor buildings. One “common pool” is at ground level in a separate building. Each “reactor top” pool holds 3450 fuel rod assemblies. The common pool holds 6291 fuel rod assemblies. [The common pool has windows on one wall which were almost certainly destroyed by the tsunami.] Each assembly holds sixty-three fuel rods. This means the Fukushima Daiichi plant may contain over 600,000 spent fuel rods.

over 600,000 spent fuel rods.
edit on 14-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well it will take a brave person to go check as that would almost mean death by radiation! It's also probably super hot in there and the suits they wear don't stop that kinda heat...best they have is gauges and sensors. I wouldn't think a robotic camera wielding device could make it in and out without problems...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Japan PM to make a statement at 10PM EST, rumors that he'll tell people to ``stay indoors`` because of the radiation fallout making it to Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don´t know if that is normal for Japanese,but did anyone notice that they looked down most of the Time in that last Press Statement? Like they are ashamed or something...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Maybe they were reading off notes?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anything crazy happen today?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
reply to post by Shenon

Maybe they were reading off notes?

Sure,but all the Time? And everyone? And even when a Journalist asked a Question? Maybe this is normal,just found it a little odd...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.livestation.com...

Now saying that there was an explosion in #2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a72f314c9818.png[/atsimg]

They just said radiation levels 8x higher than allowed exposure for one year

The scientist has said they have evacuated the plant and is a good chance the containment unit has a crack and water is leaking out
edit on 14-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I been lurking and I have a firefox translater in. It is off time because of the power going out. this is from below the counter.

She sees the Gaigakaunta is running indoors in Koto Ward, Tokyo. The unit is CPM [counts per minute volume], but (since the start count) ÷ (time from the start) ...

She sees the Gaigakaunta is running indoors in Koto Ward, Tokyo. The unit is CPM [quantity counts per minute], but (count from the start) ÷ (time from the start), so that is calculated when running long and difficult to move the value Masu.
Also, these figures measure only the effect can not be, strictly a 'guide' please visit a. In addition, there is no sound.
Gaigakaunta do-it-yourself kit to use is below.
strawberry-linux.com...
Equipment and kits based amateurs have created has been sold to use the learning experiment, of course, the equipment is not so professional, you think the lack of accuracy, please.
Please also see the following public data together.

www.houshasen-pref-ibaraki.jp...
www.k4.dion.ne.jp... ~ ngtl-rad /
gensiryoku.pref.aomori.lg.jp...
It is usually about 10 ~ 20CPM generally.
Time indicates the time from the bottom to start the counter. Because it works with PC power, PC is reset or when you reboot. Not long after starting between the extreme values ​​may appear.
※ PC environment because it is a general power outage, a malfunction may be cut or freeze line. But may take longer to recover in the late night the day, please understand.

End of paste. I put the translater in a day or two before this happened. I did not think I would ever use it but I am now.

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by Realtruth
OK! Wait one second here, something stinks with the Geiger counter link.

It was posted hours ago, but yet the timer only shows it's been running 1 hour?

Is this a looping clip or live?

Geiger Counter Link _ Live?

That is what I said a few posts above. I do not think this is legit. I like the link posted above. I will not be watching this geiger counter. I feel it will be a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.breakingnews.com...

Official death toll in tsunami, earthquake is now at 2,414; thousands more missing, Japanese police say - AP

posted 10 minutes ago on update site.

suspecting those numbers to continue to rise, sad.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

0159: Ben Slaney, from Asaka City, Saitama, Japan, writes: "Most of the shops are closed and quite a few Japanese people have left Tokyo to stay with relatives further west. Right now it's very difficult to understand who to trust. While the government wants to minimise panic, the foreign media wants to exaggerate the importance of the latest developments to create a more compelling story. This is leaving many foreign nationals in Japan confused as to who to believe."

LINK

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The news is reporting nuclear meltdown occurring.Please note that the japanese are fully aware that the reactor meltdown has to cool before they can cement,concrete seal the reactor facility.Insuring the sealing of the reactor chamber which is 500 feet below ground level with the remaining nuclear radiation.

International nuclear watchdogs said there was no sign of a meltdown but one minister said a melting of rods was "highly likely" to be happening.

I would`nt want to be the spaceman to walk in and seal it though !
Thanks gringo.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
Peace and sorrow for the japanese people

edit on 14-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
PM of Japan just said that there are high levels of radiation in the plant and ppl are putting their life at risk trying to cool down the reactor and reactor 4 is on fire

edit: ah i forgot, he also said ppl to stay inside house and lock everything shut the windows and etc....

you can watch it here: www.livestation.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Russorevresbo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join