It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australias mass fish die off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Dead fish, eels and crayfish have been found on shores with the coastline of Green Head, some 290km north of Perth, being covered in washed up carcasses.

______beforeitsnews/story/471/830/The_Latest_Mass_Fish_Death_Takes_Place_in_Australia_from_Low_Oxygen.html

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
These aint just Sardines. There is morays, crayfish, all sorts of fish. After Cali yesterday and now this. Just a wee bit spooky, dont you think.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
At least they call it what it is: an ecological disaster. These die offs are just not normal.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The world wide bird/fish die off all started on New Years Eve of 2010. Originally I made a video to document it.

But I could have made 20 more videos since then

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
we are in the end of days people ! this is getting out of hand! 1/3 of
the sea check ! 1/3 of land soon to come!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've been here for 28 years and I've never seen anything like it.

How many times, and in how many articles have we heard a local say this now?

Maybe tomorrow the headline will read "bubble gum found in the gills of 1 million dead fish".

So twice now, on two different continents, its heat, and lack of oxygen. And if it is as they say. What is causing the heat, and lack of oxygen?

edit on 9-3-2011 by Klassified because: Punctuation

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Oh and don't forget the cold, which was banded around as a possible explanation for the washup of some

BTW, lack of oxygen ?, I don't know about you, but I just don't get that, they are in water, and water is made of oxygen, so is the hydrogen element of water somehow suffocating the fish ? is the excess oil in th sea blocking the oxygen element and suffocating the fish? or are they just swimming away from something in such great numbers, that the sheer volume of them manage to deplete the oxygen ? Moreover if the oxygen is gone, how is it still water ???

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Penguins too - check this out dated 7th March news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To my knowledge crabs and crayfish can live out of water, so how is lack of oxygen affecting them? Did they drown? We will never get a lab report on either case, just like we never got independent lab reports on the dozens of other cases. Did someone update the thread that's keeping up with the die offs yet?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yea, it's easy to say lack of oxygen and those normal causes but I think this is a far too simple explanation. I cannot proove otherwise but in my opinion it's the same argument being said by medias just the show it as a supposedly '' Normal '' event. The thruth will be unveil sooner than we think my friends. Let's hope its going to be positive in the end.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Personally I don't understand how a lack of oxygen occurs in the water for them, can anyone explain to me how this can happen?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

yea scary stuff alright. I live in perth but from nz so i have been keeping up with the news there too. Just before the christchurch quake a pod of 100 or so pilot whales were beached. 40 odd had to be euthanised. There was a fish die off on the east coast as well as hundreds of spotty sharks washed up in the west in taranaki. I thought it had calmed down bout now this as well as america yesterday plus the hundreds more reported worldwide, the oxygyn crap aint doing it! And whoever said the cold? Its hot as hell here in western aus so thats crap too. Wish we could get some answers. Might be time for the people close to take samples for independant analysis?? Crazy times we are seeing indeed
love marine life, wish it would stop.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Has anyone made a running list? It would be interesting to see all that data aggregated.

Your video was very informative. I didnt realize there were so many on the same day sometimes.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks,

You would think such a list must exist...It will just take some searching

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
these are all dated Jan 5 maybe theres a way to update. its a start anyway

Map Mass animal Deaths

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There were neuro-toxins found in the sardines that died in Cali. The toxins were supposedly from algae, and can have negative affects on any creatures that eat the dead fish. Very scary! What the heck is going on?

Thanks to the OP for finding this
Thanks to burntheships for bringing this to my attention

new topics

top topics

join