It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Fish Kill in California- Billions of Dead Fish!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Right now just bubbles, no waves. I'll post if if changes.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
This is NOT normal! I lived on the west coast for 40 years. Never has so many dead fish come up to the coast - and "red tide" is an annual event. Nothing like this.

Something is very...er...fishy.

Yep - - I was born and raised here.

I am within walking distance of King Harbor. Never seen or heard of anything like this before.

Didn't make it down there today - - - maybe I'll walk down there tomorrow. Bet it stinks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

if you just read the Bible what is said about the uprising in the midle east and about the dead Fish washing up on ocean shore think about it it is all coming to Past

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Garystokes44

and it said in the BIBLE that the Birds will fall from the SKY!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Doesn't it also say that there will be seven years of war in the Middle East? I think we are way beyond that point. Then the seas will turn red with blood. etc I'm not much into religion, but I have read the bible a couple of times and the book of Revalation many more. You very well could be correct.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Could be Gary, could be, we all will never know for sure what is truth, but the book is a guide none the less.

I personally, am here in this thread to talk about exact things going on not the religious side of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This kind of fish kill happens in Santa Cruz Ca. Every once in a while. As a surfer what happens is the current from a large swell or alot of salmon move the fish to safe waters. The harbors with alot of boats discharging fuel and waste water the oxygen level is allready low. The fish die of this, and in the millions after they use up what little oxygen is left.

thorg

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thorg

I do believe fish die off in groups sometimes. But not these kinds of numbers and not here they haven't. This is extraordinary.

It was also extraordinary in Bolivia a few months back when millions of fish died there.

Could even be billions in Redondo Beach, the numbers aren't clear. That's a whole lotta fish.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

seven years of war in the Middle East that is not just war with the USA.
and were do you think the blood will be coming from???

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Someone posted this response in that article you linked to and i thought it was interesting:

Guaranteed it's the AES Gas Power Plant right next to the harbor. They operate outside the law and have a sea life intake, as they use sea water for cooling. It supposedly spits the fish out unharmed. Looks like the gig is up for AES!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garystokes44

seven years of war in the Middle East that is not just war with the USA.
and were do you think the blood will be coming from???

thats an easy one the bp oilspill did you see the pictures it looked like blood in the water

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
these fish are sardines which are much bigger than anchovies.

Sardines are prolific in many areas including the UK especially the south coast, if they were prone to navigational errors and susceptible to 'high winds' then they would be regularly washed up on harbors everywhere.

This isn't a regular phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Forgive me if this was covered because I only read the first two pages of the thread.

Acidification causes increase in co2 and decrease of o2 absorption

marine organisms. High concentrations of carbon dioxide make it harder for marine animals to respire (to extract oxygen from seawater). This, in turn, makes it harder for these animals to find food, avoid predators, and reproduce.

Ocean Acidification

Speculation: They don't want to come clean on what's causing it because rising co2 levels and projected rising co2 levels give the impression that near all of the Oceanic ecosystem will be destroyed.

I'll let you run with that!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I saw this on the local news this morning. FOX 11 Rick Dickert helicopter pilot was flying over Redondo beach. It was insane you could see literally millions of dead fish all around the docks and in the harbor. They were speculating that the fish ran out of oxegyn. WTFish is going on here. The copter pilot lives in the area for over 20 years and said he has never seen anything like it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

thats it!
They wont say a thing, because if they did , then all industry would have to change, and that is not happening any time soon.
There is too much at stake, we are loosing this battle, if the coastal populations of fish wither and die, then mass hunger will follow, as entire nations rely on the seas for their main source of protein.
Millions rely on the oceans for their daily feeding needs.
Those populations will have to move inland to find stuff to eat, and since world hunger hasn't been allowed to be solved yet for the same maniacal reasons, we main landers will have to get our food from somewhere else as the demand will be overwhelming...

cheers! to all the dead fish, we are following in your fin steps...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well... If this were near or around the gulf area then this would be an obvious component of... DP "Southpark's version of BP"... dependable petroleum... We're sorry lol
Funny episode... as I digress...

However... with that being said this incident seems to not be connected...
Yes, I know the whole "mother" earth is all connected and sorts, an people will believe numerous theory's regarding these animal die offs...

Lets see... Methane Gas... Earth's Magnetic Field... DP... Corexit... Global Warming... Global Cooling... Poison Luminescent Gas Clouds

I mean seriously the list can go on and on, but with all objectivity they all could correlate to maybe a little of all of those reasons could be the culprit...

In retrospect to a previous post, sometimes the most simplest answer to this event is the correct one...

fossilfuel.energy-business-review.com...

www.reuters.com...

redondobeach.patch.com...

It seems they have had "issues" before and problems keeping the plant working properly as it is fairly old...

Here is what I believe it is directly attributed to... The plant itself is working with Electrolysis of the water in order to turn the water they pump into profit by process of Desalinization of sea water for drinking water...

One of the main ways to separate the salt out of sea water is to hit it with a high current and thus it separates the salt by ionization of the oxygen in the water and releases it along with the hydrogen molecules...

Fish just don't use up THAT much oxygen in that amount of volume of water to suffocate and or die... Unless something has altered the conditions of the water...

edit on 8-3-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not to sidetrack the thread just had to make a point for information's sake...

In no personal offense to you boncho... but if they ever do pass a tax for carbon emissions, it will because they have duped millions of people such as yourself into believing that Carbon is bad....

Did you know that you and I are carbon based? If they ever try to "regulate" it then it will just be another excuse and reason to tax human beings further...

Here's an example of how agenda's are accomplished with regard to If I were to go around the neighborhood of lets say 100,000 people and ask each and everyone to sign a petition to pass a bill for the tax to decrease the amount of DiHydrogen Monoxide Emissions... (sounds like a scary and bad poison gas right?) and I'll tell them...It is bad for the environment...

I'll bet you over 80% of them all sign and actually believe me...

I would hope others know that we are all breathing numerous more amounts of Nitrogen than we are oxygen, and yes Nitrogen is too a very important component in our atmosphere and it is necessary for our life to even exist on this planet as well as the fish in the sea rely upon this gas in its relative density in order to keep water (DiHydrogen Monoxide) from ionizing off into thin air...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Could the oi spill affect the fish in the Pacific? I will say maybe. Do these fish migrate across from the Atlantic?
I have seen shad tagged in Pa. and end up in Oregon. I just can't see the oil spill doing this with this many fish at one time,and this long after the spill. I'll lean towards the quake/volcanic activity gases to do it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
No, you can rule out the BP Oil spill. The currents would take years to get there, and by that time, it would be so diluted, it would be no threat.

I'm guessing some company had a spill of chemicals (AES maybe) or Red tide or perhaps they are running from the underwater vents of methane... Can't wait to see these tests done.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Just click where it says........................... you tube link.
edit on 9-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join