It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Fish Kill in California- Billions of Dead Fish!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just saw on CNN that there is a lot of dead fish washing up on the shores of California. Can't find any news on this yet. What could have caused all of these fish to die? There are hundreads of birds feeding on these dead fish. Could the birds now be victim to whatever has killed the fish.

Has anyone seen anything else on this?

Billions of dead fish

Billions of dead anchovies are blanketing the sea bottom and floating on the surface of the water this morning at King Harbor in Redondo Beach, and officials are trying to figure out what happened.

edit on 3/8/2011 by SUICIDEHK45 because: found some info

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm from Redondo Beach/Torrance. Yes it's all over the news channels here. They said they are sending out Dept. Of fish and game to investigate and take samples. Mostly anchovies and they're all dead and pooling in the Harbor around the boats. YUCK, must smell really bad.

I don't live in the area anymore, I've moved inland about 80 miles now.
edit on 8-3-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I updated my thread with a news article. They are saying it might be because of low oxygen levels. Could that be caused by gasses being released rapidly from the ocean floor? Could this be a warning of an earthquake?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Authorities in Redondo Beach are investigating what killed millions of fish over the last day at King Harbor Marina.

Fish, including anchovies, sardines and mackerel were floating lifeless in Basins 1 and 2 of the north side of King Harbor Marina.

"There’s basically fish everywhere you go in the harbor," said the harbor's assistant manager, Jason McMullin, who added that there were reports that a red tide may have driven the fish into the harbor in massive numbers where they died because of limited oxygen.

latimesblogs.latimes.co... m/lanow/2011/03/redondo-beach-authorities-report-large-fish-kill-at-king-harbor.html

latest news I've found

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Might be something to do with the recent offshore earthquake activity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There may have been methane released causing poisoning.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Here is a link to a good video that show the huge number of dead fish. If someone could embed this video that would be great, but I don't know how to do it.

KTLA Dead Fish Video

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First, it's millions not billions, big difference. Second, the kill is thought to be caused by the fish trying to outrun the annual red-tide, but I doubt that explanation. My bet is all of these deaths will eventually link back to the GOM disaster and the use of corexit

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Here's a picture from the article...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/351d7c754ba4.jpg[/atsimg]

Scary stuff.

Picture from your second link: KTLA.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e118be580bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Even though I try to convince myself that the MSM is telling the truth saying that animal die-offs is normal, I just can't shake this very bad feeling that it's not...

Too many deaths across the world. Scary stuff.

S&F.

edit on 8-3-2011 by SonoftheSun because: added second picture.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
God damn weather balloons and model rocket hobbyists.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm sure it's effects from the oil spill

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

actually if you read the links it goes into saying billions
read the links

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 8-3-2011 by syncelebrity because: dp

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
...Whales eating to many of them 23% dog meat crunchy tacos at Taco Bell-

Check their recipe online

Now they are adding fish tacos

??????
edit on 8-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Some news I am finding is saying "Billions" and some is saying "Millions", either way it is a *snip* of dead fish. Hopefully we will find out a legitimate reason they died soon. Hopefully it's not like the thousands of dead blackbirds that fell from the sky back in January in Arkansas.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 8-3-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I updated the video on Youtube, but I guess it is still processing so the quality will be hopefully better within minutes

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've been wondering for some time if all these massive fish/bird kills are due to increased tectonic activity releasing pockets of gas from fissures in the ocean floor. I think it'd adequately explain the phenomenon. The gas would kill the fish on the way up through the water and kill the birds as it continues on its way up through the atmosphere.

I'm sure this theory has been proposed on here a hundred times already. Just thinking out loud, I guess.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i found this www.mercurynews.com... and from the link

Fire, police and public works officials were on the scene, at this point working to remove the fish as quickly as possible.

"We need to get rid of them," said Sgt. Phil Keenan of the Redondo Beach Police Department. "This is going to create a terrible pollution and public health issue if we don't."

The cause is so far a mystery. It appears the fish may have died due to lack of oxygen, Keenan said.
an other sign of end times?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kind of a sidetrack, but where are most of the food anchovies fished from? If these kills are from the fishing waters, does this translate into yet another area of higher food costs? Also, what other food-stock fish eat anchovies? Will a lack of a standard food supply move these fish further away, making things like tuna, cod, halibut, etc. more expensive? Just wondering what additional repercussions will come from a fish kill like this.

Oh, and let's not forget that the clean-up and disposal of the dead fish will probably be expensive. With California limping, even though this will hardly be the thing to break them, it certainly can't help matters.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why is "lack of oxygen" the main cause in regards to fish dying? It is getting very old hearing that same old story over and over again.

"Love is like Oxygen. You get too much you get too High, not enough and you gonna die"

Maybe they died from a lack of Love!

edit on 3/8/2011 by Greensage because: story

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Best post from the LA Times story:

Must be fireworks that scared them to commit suicide...

Posted by: Sk00L | March 08, 2011 at 10:34 AM

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join