It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this face be explained?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
They just need to go back and try to recreate the photo. IMO,

Whilst recreating the photo might prove very valuable, If you can't recreate it won't necessarily mean there was anything ghostly.
It could just be that the conditions were just right or that a reflection of light hit the beam at a particular angle momentarily to create the face.

Whilst this may be the most "realistic face" you've caught on camera........what you really need to do is try and get your mind to not visualise the face, and just see the beam with marks on it......when you can stop seeing the face.....then you can objectively see the photo for what it really is.....a beam with marks on it......try it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Looks to me like the bottom of whatever it is, and the lighting on there makes it brighter, forcing it to look like a face...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To me that looks like sunlight from a window on the opposite side? I don't know the layout of the jail but most jails have windows both sides, it looks like it was taken from inside a cell, so there would most likely be a cell window.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Its clearly the light getting caught on certain details on the underside of the balcony,
look up a pic of the face of mars, its the same effect

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a642cef8a25.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't see any face. Only painted rusty steel I-beam. The case is closed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Pareidolia - sorry for the short reply, but that's all it is.

Nine times out of ten "Mysterious Faces" are nothing more than Pareidolia. But I think this is that 10th time. It looks like something else. Not a ghost. A projection perhaps. Too crappy for photoshop in my opinion, unless someone was trying to be clever. Could be a mirror. It doesn't ring paranormal to me, but just the same, I'm very curious to find out what it might be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

I kinda feel the same way. I mentioned to they guys in the group that everyone is saying it is the sunlight , and they came back and said that entities will use whatever is available to them to manifest themselves.

And as far as photoshop, I'm pretty certain the guy who took it didn't mess with it , and I sure the heck didn't. I can't even figure out how to resize my avatar pic so I can have an avatar, but thanks for thinking I was capable.lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Is the image you posted the cleanest one you have? I analyze ghost images as a hobbyist, and I'll be happy to have a look at it if you like.
Also, do you have any History of the area involved? Feel free to U2U me if you like.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I looked at the whole picture and was also wondering about the red glowish light. It looks like a bird above the face figure. you can see its left eye and its beak. To the right of the man face figure looks like another animal.. a lion/fox or something.
i wonder if an orb was present.
I imported the picture in photoshop and did an auto contrast.. here it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Great find! I can see where it resembles a human, possible female. Though, I come to no conclusion of what it really is. A possible reflection? Who was in the area when the picture was taken? etc?

A while ago, one of my paranormal group members, tested a camera after the batteries were put in. They didn't check the picture after it was taken. Later on while I was going through recent pictures taken from the camera, an orb was present. The orb didn't trace back to any light beams in the photo nor pronounced colors of other things in the picture. So, what we did was retake the photo in the same spot, same camera, same angle...
once again the colorful orb! We traced it back to defect near the lens(tiny crack of sorts), that somehow caused it to refract colored tinting from somewhere in the room.
To conclude, if possible, retrace the steps of taking the image, have same people present too, and see if the same anomaly appears.
edit on 5-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is more than likely a light reflection on a dented piece of construction metal. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I think this could be easily explained.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yes

pareidolia

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Personally i think this is a optical illusion caused by our own brains trying to find faces in everything.
Could also explain why people here cant agree on age and gender.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Oh man, I thought I was the only one seeing it the clearly! I was hoping it wasn't a face because it was freaking me out, but, after all - Deny Ignorance...

My two cents I might as well throw in. I think it could be a residual image. It could also be sunlight shaft or something. I just know it looks like that of a woman, more research into the jail and further visits might warrent more light on this situation.

Until than, innocent until proven guilty...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Can this face be explained?

Yes, It can be fully explained in a rational way here in this thread: Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it is not reflected in the flat bottom surface of the T beam that is holding up the floor above. If you look closer you will see that what looks like a female face is infact being reflected by something resembling the end of a blade which is well hidden by the severe reflections streaming downwards from the light streaming in through the windows above. The bottom of the T beam also helps mask and hide the shape of this blade shaped object.
Perhaps part of the camera crews apparatus which is shiny and reflective strayed in front of the camera lense reflected the face of one of the crew who were stood directly behind the cameraman? The harshness between the strong light from the windows that over exposes the film, and the darker areas of the jail add to the eerie quality of the picture.
Is it a ghost? I sincerly doubt it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Really, really cool photo...

...but unless you provide the original and after Abductee001's post, I do not know why this is still being discussed. The picasa image is "642×480 pixels – 37KB," and while I can see a face, I also see compression artifacts and mere rust.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

hard to see if it's a ghost. but what ever it is it seems to be solid unlike allot of ghost photos i have seen. good find.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Godamn looks like Marylin Monroe right ? I believe its a total ghost

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join