It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this face be explained?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
OK , here is the history behind this photo. I am a part time member of a paranormal investigation group. I run the groups facebook page. The main guys in the group were doing an evidence review from a recent investigation at an old historical jail with the people who run the tours and fundraising. Sometime while they were there, one of the guys took this photo. This was yesterday. The guy who took this photo called me last night saying this is the best photo the group has.
The jail is open in the center and is 3 stories high, and some of the cells do not go all the way to the ceiling. So in the pic I think he is going up the stairs to the 3rd floor when he took it. That's why you see part of the windows and the floor.
Anyway , I want to know what you more experienced paranormal investigators think. I know they have gotten numerous voice phenomena at the 2 investigations they have done at this location , and several strange photos, but they say this is the best as of yet. Look at the lower right corner.
I do not know how to embed so here is a link. picasaweb.google.com...

and a close up picasaweb.google.com...

is this just shadows, sunlight, or is it something else?
edit on 7-3-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it looks like the bottom of that steel fence.would look like a head but its only the right side...the left is missing.dunno....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
very interesting! curious as to why its only on the bottom of the beam. almost looks like a projection.
Definitely a woman from what i see which would be odd in an older prison that probably only housed men but then again dont have any background on the prison.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
looks like a pretty clear reflection of an older woman with glasses...like a teacher or something. looks like it is projected onto the girder

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dea0d57a70f1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Pareidolia - sorry for the short reply, but that's all it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silentraptor

the close up looks like a cow tongue! dang now i am hungry

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

i think it may be more than that...the glasses, the mouth......normally i think you would be correct.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I see the face of a middle age woman in the lower right hand side. Were any women
with the team. Also it appears she has light hair around the part of her face that is
showing. Unless it was a reflection in a mirror or something like that I have no idea.
Wow - perhaps an expert will be along soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Looks like Freddy Krueger

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Pretty good shape for a ghost. She looks young, too much colour in the cheeks/lips.
Was it a femaile penitentiary? If not the question of how the ghost of a woman got in a male prison begs to be asked.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
looks bloody interesting to me! have no idea what it is though ;-p

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's just rust nothing more .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

What i see is a middle age lady..you can clearly see her eyes,nose,mouth,and eyebrows she also looks like she has a turban on but it could be grey hair.her eyes look very hallow..has anyone had repeated appearances of this lady at the jail? I think its something else i wonder if its intense energy where the original event is somehow imprinted on the area in which it occurred..I'm not a paranormal investigator.. just putting that idea out there is all ~~~cookie

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It was just the county jail. Built in the late 1800's. I see a ladies face too. To me she looks 1960s. I know the used this as a jail until the early 1980s. I do not know why a woman's face / ghost would appear.
here is a link to some history www.hillcountrymagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

looks too much like light hitting the board to me. I dont think its paranormal, but good catch

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Very interesting history on this jail..I also noticed the exterior of the building is Llano-quarried granite, with interior rock faced with plaster, making the walls two feet thick.And i have read most residual haunting occur in locations that have been built over limestone, quartz, or water.And it is believed that natural rock formations play a major role in the formation of a residual images. Buildings made of bricks and stones are also known to harbor residual ghosts.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Are you with East Coast Paranormal by any chance??
Seeashrink

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

No, I'm not.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

i dont see glasses? :/

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
you guys serious?? that is clearly a reflection of a woman, age 30-40, white, curly blonde hair. infact it looks so clear to me, I'm inclined to think it's reflection of someone that is actually there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join