It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this face be explained?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
there were 2 guys and a lady in the building when this was taken , but the lady looks nothing like this. they are all upper middle aged i think.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
to me the face looks like it has a pig nose. who ever took the pic should try recreating the pic. its most likely going to turn out being just paint chips and/or rust thats playing tricks with our eyes. what ever it turns out to be its still a cool pic

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

It's matrixing. The only real way to debunk it is to re-visit the site and have a closer look and maybe snap a couple of more images to try to reproduce it.

Read more about matrixing here: Link and here: Link

Before anyone says otherwise, I am a firm believer in the supernatural.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
For some reason the first thing that jumped in my mind was Tarja Turunen. She is still alive though.

I'm not an expert of course, but I must say, it is difficult for me to discern if it is just funny light formation on the banister hand rail or something else.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
S & F
First I was dismissive because I didnt see it right - but then it jumped out.
Do you have a HQ original? Can you provide camera details.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I did not take the pic. The guy who took it just emailed it to me that night when he got home and was looking over the photos. The Camera is a Sony DCG SX44.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

spot on sir!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sometimes things just look a lot like faces, nothing more to it than that i'm afraid. Hang around long enough and somebody is sure to take a picture with a face looking thing that they didn't see at the time. Try hard enough and you can see a face in almost anything, so when something that really does look like a face comes along it can seem very convincing!
edit on 8-3-2011 by movetovanuatu because: Typo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't know if this will help or not, but I was just playing around with it (zooming/cropping). Anyways, it seemed to be a slightly clearer/darker image that your other zoomed-in link, so I figured I would embed it.

I know the more I look at it, the clearer I see it. To me, the angle doesn't seem right for it to be a reflection.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks BC for embedding the close ups. I just talked to the 2 guys that were there , and one was doing the review with the caretaker of the building , and the other went upstairs alone and took some pics. I am aware of matrixing, I can see a face in the wall of the cell above and to the left , but I know the walls just look like that there. This image is just so eerie to me. It seems to have color, and there really isn't any thing reflective in there. All the metal is old and brown.
I guess the best thing to do is go back soon during the same time of day and try to recreate it.
I just found out the guy who took the pic had been watching videos on star children and had been " praying" , or meditating , and asking them to show themselves to him in the past week.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That's a piece of reflection. Sometimes things can reflect to look like faces and stuff. Is there any other evidence at the location indicating that they have ghosts? What are these voice recordings you talk about?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr

I just found out the guy who took the pic had been watching videos on star children and had been " praying" , or meditating , and asking them to show themselves to him in the past week.

Okay, I firmly believe that ghost/spirits exist because of a number of experiences that I have personally had, so I am always interested in examining photos which purport to show ghosts etc.

I would say that this image does stand out and looks pretty interesting.......however I don't believe the image is actually of a ghost's face, like others have suggested it looks more like the mind is "making" it into a face.
One of the problems I see with this image is that the image ONLY appears on the bottom of the beam.......and the straight edge doesn't convince me that it is a face.
If you do this simple exercise and just look at the image as just a beam with marks on it, then that's what you see, and your brain actually loses the "face" image.

As for the guy "praying" and asking spirits to show themselves........hmmm not convinced that spirits "appear" on command........they will appear when the conditions suit them......not because some living human "prays" for them to appear.

So no I don't think it's a face of a ghost.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by canofnothing

The group has recorded EVPs and ghost box recordings from this jail in the 2 investigations we have done there. There are other pics of orb and light anomalies we have as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Pretty good shape for a ghost. She looks young, too much colour in the cheeks/lips.
Was it a femaile penitentiary? If not the question of how the ghost of a woman got in a male prison begs to be asked.

No kidding..she looks pretty hot in an old Detective Marlowe kind-of-way. The kind of dame that would stop any paranormal investigation dead in its tracks just for a light of her smoke.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hi there. 1st question was it a digatal or 35mm camera ?
35mm is far better for investigations as you have a hard copy on the 35mm and far more easy to tell if it is mark on the neg, pic, or mess up on the devlopment process..

2nd has the team got some evp (and by which i mean the evp is good and the tea, rule out things it could be) around the time the photo was taken? if so it gives it more credabitly.

3rd did the team have any tri field meters around when the photo was taken? if so what where the readings ?

4th did the team pick up anything else when the pic was taken ?

i could go on... but all in all its a good intresting picture.
sorry about the spelling ect...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

The Camera is a Sony DCG SX44~ video camera set to take stills. Part of the group was there in the early afternoon to do an evidence review from the most recent investigation with the caretaker of the jail. One was talking to the caretaker , and the other went upstairs and took a few photos. It wasn't a formal investigation. They were just there reviewing what they had found previously with the caretaker.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like a charred face.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

ok, was it on a memory card ? (if so was it brand new?) or was it tape (is so brand new ?)
so to ask so many things but when i do investigations i always use brand new everything ( tapes, memory crads, batterys ect) at the whole good pic but me personaly would need to know a lot more about the place, people there at the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If that's a reflection, rust, paint, light and shadows, etc., etc., etc,. it looks an awful lot like a middle-aged woman.

I have to say, this is the best "ghost pic" I've ever seen on ATS. I've seen a few others that impressed me, but this one has some real potential! I have no way of knowing or proving if it is actually a ghost, but this is one interesting pic!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Without higher resolution I am afraid this is not evidence of anything. Often in fakes the resolution is lowered to make it harder to detect digital manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join