It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this face be explained?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It took me quite some time to make out a "face"
My very first thought was a glint of light on the wall in the stairway, it is the same colour as the wall (top left)
Best to go back and review the scene im sure it will just be light shinning on the stairway wall. In the past i've seen faces show up in photo's but only as a reflection, on say glass.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I looked at your pictures without reading your story and couldn't find anything....

After reading your post it was apparent I could see something.... Sometimes I think we 'want' to see or create something that isn't there.. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is or isnt paranormal just in my opinion, after second glance it looks like reflection.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
looks abit like rebecca de morney ,you certainly do have something here thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am not expert and have looked at many pictures. I like this one! The details and different colors make it very unique.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you look closely at the bottom portion of the picture it appears that there is a light source -- more windows, perhaps -- that are reflecting light on two perpendicular metal crossbeams. The "face" is more than likely an illusion of shadow, rust and oddly reflected/diffused light.

It's akin to seeing visions within heavy clouds of smoke.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It does look like a face, but I don't think it is much more than seeing a pattern in something and associating it with a face.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I wonder if if the graphics of different peoples computers affect how they view this. The image is clearly of a middle aged woman for me. Its as clear as a photograph that someone takes of themselves in a mirror. Although it is hard to tell do to it being cut off, I suspect the woman is the one taking the photograph. Its possible that to the left side of the image that it is arm and she has the camera over one eye and is not using her other hand to steady the camera.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
you all see faces.

i see photoshop.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
you all see faces.

i see photoshop.

Nothing as exotic as photo shop here.......just plain old marks on a building tussle that given the right angle and light conditions can appear like a face with a straight edge!

It ain't a ghost nor is it photoshop!

edit on 10-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here ye go, nothing more than light shinning on the girder.
Turned pic upside down, took out colour and changed brightness and contrast a little.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5975808535db.jpg[/atsimg]
now top left

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abductee001
Here ye go, nothing more than light shinning on the girder.
Turned pic upside down, took out colour and changed brightness and contrast a little.

Nice work..........I guess that this one is officially debunked now........not that I was ever convinced by it......the big big clue for me was the straight edge on the "face".
edit on 10-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I hate debunking stuff, but we have to abide by the ats motto

No offence to the op i believe it was posted in good faith.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abductee001
I hate debunking stuff, but we have to abide by the ats motto

No offence to the op i believe it was posted in good faith.

I think it was posted in good faith, although I do think the OP was perhaps a bit too quick to suggest it might be a "ghost face".......the clues were too obvious that it wasn't a ghost face.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Wow. Never did I suggest this was a ghost face. I do not know what it is. That is why I asked if it could be explained. The explanation with the upside down photo makes sense, but if the photo was taken where I think it was in the building , there shouldn't be sunlight coming through the floor, so I really do not know. I have showed this thread to the person who took the photo, and he is not convinced it is debunked. Either way, I still think the image is creepy.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr

Wow. Never did I suggest this was a ghost face. I do not know what it is. That is why I asked if it could be explained. The explanation with the upside down photo makes sense, but if the photo was taken where I think it was in the building , there shouldn't be sunlight coming through the floor, so I really do not know. I have showed this thread to the person who took the photo, and he is not convinced it is debunked. Either way, I still think the image is creepy.

But you must have thought it might be a ghost face.......other wise why would you bother to post the thread entitled

"Can this face be explained".

But let's put that issue aside for a moment.

Let's look at the photo logically so to speak.

Have you ever seen anyone who has a face with a straight edge?

An edge that coincides with the girder edge......I'd say case closed, but If you think that faces of persons living or ghosts have straight edges then so be it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

The mind is very notorious for connecting dots to see things, that are not there.. I'd say it's just the way the shadow, light, the structure and the texture of the steel bar.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grapeian

Agreed - And I believe you are talking about Pareidolia here. It can explain a lot of supposed ghostly sightings IMO - ones where It's only really noticed after taking a picture for example..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr

I'd considered this thread closed but.....
in your opening post you said

is this just shadows, sunlight, or is it something else?

I spent my own time and effort to give you a valid answer, but you still want it to be "something else" is this because you need "evidence" to impress those for the ghost tour? does it make your group look good because you have found something? Don't even try to use this as evidence or your group won't last 5 minuets. Personally i'd demote your photographer to tea boy and hire someone who can tell the difference between light shinning through a window, and a paranormal event!
I've done these type of investigations since 1996 and i do value people's opinion's when i can't work something out, and i know when to hold my hands up when im wrong. You need to move on, forget the photo's! the most important thing you may have is the evp. You can always trace back names captured by evp and if you have a dog? play the recording near them, my dogs used to poo themselves and go nuts on hearing evp.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Honestly, I see a ray of light hitting the banister.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Thanks for the tip on the dogs and evps. I will pass that info along.
And no one gets paid in our group . It's all volunteers.
I understand part of the "matrixed" face is missing, and I understand matrixing very well may explain it, or the sunlight. They just need to go back and try to recreate the photo. IMO, It is just the most real looking face we have got on film that is not inside an orb.
Thank to everyone for your opinions and insight.
love and light.
edit on 15-3-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join