It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Bill Calls For Death-Penalty For Miscarriages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Republican lawmakers in the state of Georgia are pushing a new bill that calls for the death-penalty for Every case of miscarriage .

Tell me this isn't stupid .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

This was introduced months ago, yes he is a whack job. Mother Jones reported this in Feb here is the link motherjones.com...

enjoy

link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: double entry my bad

link   
well that's just bizarre

I can only assume that the guy responsible is quite potty.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

There was a large thread on this just a bit ago, it turned out some interesting responses.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Extremely stupid bill.
It's the body's way of saying that something didn't take right with the conception. My doctor had told me years ago, that in the first trimester, miscarriages could happen in about 10% of pregnancies.

There was a thread on these boards somewhere recently about stupid people ruining America. This is a perfect example of this, the fact that this bill is even being considered.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A Man's Role in Recurrent Miscarriage
How Sperm Quality Can Cause Pregnancy Loss

Read more at Suite101: A Man's Role in Recurrent Miscarriage: How Sperm Quality Can Cause Pregnancy Loss www.suite101.com...

ezinearticles.com...

rep. franklin should also include all men in this law too, as our sperm also sometimes play a role in miscarrages.
edit on 013131p://2011-03-07T13:49:12-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: whoops, meant to add more info...

edit on 013131p://2011-03-07T13:52:08-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun

Stupid?

It's down-right dangerous.

The fact that it has even made it out the starting gate is proof that the U.S. body-political is diseased beyond healing.

I also get the feeling it is another ploy to destabilize the system by implimenting draconian punishments for situations beyond our control...everything is illegal and you can be punished at whim.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, politicians wanting to tackle everything that's none of their business and not the business at hand of running their state efficiently. If it weren't so ludicrous it would be laughable.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't assume. The bill is bad, but it DOES NOT call for the death penalty for miscarriages. WHY the MSM is running with this is a mystery. Why you all are assumingthe MSM is giving you the stratighht scoop is also a mystery. Of course MSNBC is talking with Mother Jones Magazine. No bias there.

Here's the link to what is below

'Prenatal murder' means the intentional removal of a fetus from a woman with an intention other than to produce a live birth or to remove a dead fetus; provided, however, that if a physician makes a medically justified effort to save the lives of both the mother and the fetus and the fetus does not survive, such action shall not be prenatal murder. Such term does not include a naturally occurring expulsion of a fetus known medically as a 'spontaneous abortion' and popularly as a 'miscarriage' so long as there is no human involvement whatsoever in the causation of such event. (c) The act of prenatal murder is contrary to the health and well-being of the citizens of this state and to the state itself and is illegal in this state in all instances. (d) Any person committing prenatal murder in this state shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be punished as provided in subsection (d) of Code Section 16-5-1.

As you can readily see, natural miscarriages are not covered here and specifcally exempted.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The 2012 Campaign is underway. The Left will jump all over any example of insanity from the Right and the Right will do the same to the Left. Nothing new.

I don't have the time or desire to read a Bill that won't make it out of committee for obvious reasons, but I gathered the Miscarriage thing is being mischaracterized. It's some kind of game with the definitions of the word. Abortion Doctors often use methods to cause spontaneous Miscarriages in late term pregnancies I understand. Even so this Bill is nutty and not worth reporting. Like I said, the campaigning has started.

Hillary is calling for State Run News and praising Al Jazeera. Nut's on both sides these days. Tells me we need to vote out all the Incumbents and pray we get better among a new crop. They all need to go on both sides and in the middle.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks. I thought it would be something like that. I'm at work and can't read the Bill.

MSNBC is running with it because the campaigning has started and their Boss is Obama's head economic adviser. If it smears his opponents they won't much care if they lie or not.

Odd that there is not a huge thread condemning MSNBC for it's false stories? As to Mother Jones

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
Republican lawmakers in the state of Georgia are pushing a new bill that calls for the death-penalty for Every case of miscarriage .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Madness...

Why do we let these people create our laws? Please anyone help me here.

top topics

join