It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin is an idiot.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Folks, you cannot help religionists, especially some of these younger more one-eyed ones, of anything. So there is no point in trying to.

And I repeat from the other similar thread by the OP... Cro-Magnon and Homo Sapien are the same thing.

It is obvious that the OP is young and filled with Opinions.. that is normal. And that Indoctrination has played a major part in creating that set of Opinions.. once again all very normal.

But anyone calling another person an "Idiot", especially well respected people with excellent backgrounds, is only displaying the same thing in themselves... all very normal for the young too who throw insulting terms at almost everyone who doesn't fit in with their perceptions.

Forgive the OP and don't be dragged into an argument with a young person over any of it.

Lastly, no offence meant to anyone with the words "young person" or "religionists".

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I bet you anything Darwin could at least, use grammar properly. "here"=hear to you. "is"=was to you.

I think that says it all...

my advice? go to school.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

You're saying species can't change over time? Why are there so many different breeds of dogs right now then? I'm not aware of any transitional fossils recording the changes that turned wild dogs into pugs or boxers but I know they've taken place. Granted, changes in species over time isn't as drastic as what we know about with large scale evolution but it certainly proves that animals are capable of changing heavily in a relatively short period if the conditions are favorable.

As for intelligent design, I'm a fan myself. For some reason people seem to have this black and white view that species have to originate from intelligent design or evolution as though it can only be one or the other. Why cant evolution be a tool of intelligent design?
edit on 6-3-2011 by JayTaylor because: (no reason given)

By the way, here's a pretty good example of documented evolution in horses:

edit on 6-3-2011 by JayTaylor because: Adding more info

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Darwin's degree was in theology and he claimed that the evoloution of animals was prove of a diety. He never claimed that man evolved from apes. You should read origen of the species before you talk about it. It will save you some embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Dawin had a theology degree. Perhaps you should actually read his theories before comenting.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

In recognition of Darwin's pre-eminence as a scientist, he was one of only five nineteenth-century non-royal personages from the United Kingdom to be honoured by a state funeral,[13] and was buried in Westminster Abbey, close to John Herschel and Isaac Newton.[14]

Obviously not considered a heretic or a heathen by his peers or the British government. You really should research things before talking about them.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ

Originally posted by eNumbra
If you understood evolution, you'd understand that there are no Transitional fossils because the various species were always in transition. Every fossil is a transitional fossil.

We find a handful of specimen left over and have to extrapolate based on theory, that's the end of it, do you expect to walk into a field and stumble upon a timeline-grave of every creature to have ever lived?
edit on 3/5/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

I dont know, but Im not just going to go on some random guys perception on how we became to be. We are not meant to know. Evolution is Darwins opinion, doesnt mean it has to be mine as well just because it sounds like it could make sense.

Okay. But, respectfully
, aren't you kind of some random girl talking about your "perception on how we became to be"?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
all i can say is wow. My avatar says it all.

I had such high hopes for ya candice, alas my hopes are dashed.

I would recommend a nice vacation to the Galapagos islands for you.

and evolution is scientifically proven, it's not an opinion

96% of our DNA is the same as chimpanzees.

something like 90% the same as dogs

27% the same as some flowers

also, i hope you got the flags and stars you wanted, as you wrote this under your bridge

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I guess he's an idiot. Specifically about a certain race which the aliens breeded.

But the rest? I guess he's almost right?

I bet if Darwin knew the theories and facts we have today, he'd change his mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
Darwin is an idiot. A monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

Il probably get grief for this or ignored even, but its my opinion. The guy didnt know what he was talking about.

Really. You should read Darwin's writings and when you do, never again, will you utter such things.

BTW if you want to see evolution in progress just take a look at the lowly halibut. This fish is currently changing from a vertically swimming open water to a horizontally swimming bottom fish. Why? Probably God is assisting this little guy to take advantage of a better food source. God? Did I say God? Yep. I call it "Intelligent Design" and the way it works is that God cares for all His creations by helping them as they go along.

When the halibut completes it's changes it will be a new species, it's predecessor being the old species which is gone. Monkeys and cucumbers? Sort of strange don't you think? Darwin would think so too.

Thanks for trying to understand and please read Darwin instead of his detractors. His works are free on the internet.
edit on 6-3-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

edit on 6-3-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I admit I never heard of Darwins monkey-cucumber theory before, but I probably didn't go to college like you.

For an interesting take on how mankind may have leapt from caveman to become the peoples that left the many wonders of the world behind (mysteries like the Mayan Ruins, Stonehenge, cities found buried underground) you might enjoy watching 'Ancient Aliens' on TV.

Darwin is held in high esteem by intellectuals, the scientific community and many people. Of course you are entitled to think Darwin is an idiot.

Are there other famous thinkers that you like or agree with?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As for intelligent design, I'm a fan myself. For some reason people seem to have this black and white view that species have to originate from intelligent design or evolution as though it can only be one or the other. Why cant evolution be a tool of intelligent design?

I agree. For years I've been saying the following:

God creates and this is the big bang

Then God installs what we call evolution as His mechanism of choice to insure that the universe grows and develops in the intended manner. This includes everything from the simplest elements up to the most complex.

When it comes to man God prepares the physical vehicles by first seeing to it that primates tend towards the desired direction. When these are possessed of large enough brains they are ready for human souls. This is remembered by religions as the "Adam and Eve" story.

Adam and Eve were indeed the first human beings because they were the first to have actual human souls. This is why Cain could "go into the land of Nod and find a wife". There was no incest as some report. There was already a world full of quasi-humans waiting. Read Genesis carefully and see that the world was already stocked with animal men/women when Adam and Eve came along. Then combine the new seed with a little more evolution and there you have it.

And so it continues. The great difficulty and the reason we have such disagreement is to do with human nature. We are predisposed to conflict and competitiveness so religions feel that they must be defending their beliefs against something insidious all the time. Because of this they cannot agree lest they fall to Satan. Also if any part of the Bible is shown to be wrong then the whole of their belief is threatened. This is silly and immature but true.

Religions must free themselves of fear before these kinds of arguments will go away.
edit on 6-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What if Darwin is correct about part of it?

What if the alien theory is correct in part of it?

Evolution theory is correct (wow! maybe or maybe not)

No matter..... ok I can't think but you can

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Darwin is an idiot. A monkey and a cucumber are cousins?

Being idiot to a certain topic means he's a idiot to that topic.

What Darwin observed is what he saw? How the heck do you make him an idiot?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
this thread to me is a proof that even ATS is going through a meltdown...

if Staff here removes threads since they are against Israel and then let a thread like this with the Heading calling Darwin an Idiot...pfff

OP i dont fakin care if you have a girl in the avatar like many in here do...go and learn about the MAN before calling him an idiot

shame

i hope you change the title

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Scientific theories suggest ways to solve problems. The theory of evolution, since it is more technical in definition but simpler in metaphysics, provides more possible courses of action than does Intelligent Design. Ultimately, theories are tools, and are made to be used.

Although Darwin gets credit for the theory of evolution, Wallace actually published it first, and many philosophers through out history have proposed it or parts of it. Erazmus Darwin, Charles Darwin's grandfather, wrote about evolution but didn't realize the importance of natural selection.

Evolution is a normal part of change. For instance

Houses have one or two doors, not a door on every side.

Cars have steering wheels, not steering levers.

Languages change according to what words are actually spoken.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Those who would claim Darwin is (not was?) an idiot has either never read Darwin, did but has no scientific literacy or is an idiot themselves. After reading the title and the OP I'd like to chalk this whole thread up to being a joke, though I do realize that there are hoards of profoundly ignorant people with internet connections these days.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I have to pipe up and applaude Heiniken on this one.
So much drivel and many of the comments belong on fb not here.

I respect people have an opinion but a thread labled "Darwin is an idiot" with no evidence or counter claim does not belong here - or at least in the rant section.

Put up or shut up - and that's the harshest I have ever been on ATS. What's it all coming too?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join