It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin is an idiot.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Darwin is an idiot. A monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

Il probably get grief for this or ignored even, but its my opinion. The guy didnt know what he was talking about.

+90 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you understood evolution, you'd understand that there are no Transitional fossils because the various species were always in transition. Every fossil is a transitional fossil.

We find a handful of specimen left over and have to extrapolate based on theory, that's the end of it, do you expect to walk into a field and stumble upon a timeline-grave of every creature to have ever lived?
edit on 3/5/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

You're right. If Darwin is so smart, then why is he DEAD.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

ok einstein, i take it you have never heard of a tetrapod.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Then where does one species end and other species begin? This would make each fossil a new species.

link   
i have been looking for a cucumber fossile for years

ah the missing link....
took me to a site where man has 50 percent the same DNA as a human
as the banana said
"there goes the neigbourhoodlums!"

link   

+34 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
Darwin is an idiot. A monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

Il probably get grief for this or ignored even, but its my opinion. The guy didnt know what he was talking about.

A scientist that created a theory of something like the origin of life. One whom should be respected in history for bringing such claims up in his time.
In the true sense of the term, i believe you to be the idiot for bringing absolutely nothing to the table, and ridiculing someone who spent his life for science. Even if the theory of evolution is false, it was only a theory, and it brought much knowledge to us. You should be thanking him.

-----edit---------

I dropped out of highschool yet i still understand the concept of evolution, but it seems you're too blind to even think about it

The theory states that:

One single cell organism split apart, into two. Now one mutation that could occur between the two (Evolution) could be that one is adapted to oceans, and the other to the shores.

Lets say the first organism created duplicated into ehh 100 same-copy organisms. Call em Class-A

Class-A drifts apart until one Class-A is 100 miles away from the spawn region.

Class-A 100 miles away adapts into a sunny area, and mutates into a more sun rich type thing organism Class-B

Class-B multiplies untill theres another mutation and so on.

Now theres Class-A and Class-Z (Z is from 26 mutations.) Class-Z looks more landlocked since it went to shore half way through mutations, and becomes Land plants. Class-B (the one that mutated differently than the A-Z line) turns into Animal-type cells.

Add a billion years, and we all have the same "Mother" Therefore we have cucumber cousins.
edit on
edit on 5-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
when i was younger like 12-13 i used to just think humans were a species like any other that just grew, not from monkeys or anything but we were just always human. like any other species that had giant and dwarf sized replicas.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

Yes and no, every fossil could be classified as a different species as much as a man with 8 toes could be classified as a new species.

Being in a constant state of transition leaves no definite black/white border, but obvious stages of development where by if looked at skeleton by skeleton over the billions, the changes would be obvious.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i would also like to point out the irony in your title thread, maybe you should change i to was

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Charles Darwin was Anything But an Idiot, Infact he was a Genious to have come up with such a theory and Overcome Huge scrutiny from Bigot christians who were unhappy that he could prove that the Bible was Bull***t, Anyone who has that amount of courage and determination to change the way the Obscene world thinks is Un-deniably great, Scientists these days have Proven his work to be wrong in parts however they have the means and the equipment that wasnt available to Darwin when he Wrote about his theories, Also did Darwin ever say his conclusion was 100% Accurate, No. Infact he outlined that the fact that he could be wrong on many points but was the Guy acheived in his lifetime was nothing less than Great

edit on 5/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
If you understood evolution, you'd understand that there are no Transitional fossils because the various species were always in transition. Every fossil is a transitional fossil.

We find a handful of specimen left over and have to extrapolate based on theory, that's the end of it, do you expect to walk into a field and stumble upon a timeline-grave of every creature to have ever lived?
edit on 3/5/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

I dont know, but Im not just going to go on some random guys perception on how we became to be. We are not meant to know. Evolution is Darwins opinion, doesnt mean it has to be mine as well just because it sounds like it could make sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
candic has some fire in her pointless attack on darwin and his opinion

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Charles Darwin was Anything But an Idiot, Infact he was a Genious to have come up with such a theory and Overcome Huge scrutiny from Bigot christians who were unhappy that he could prove that the Bible was Bull***t, Anyone who has that amount of courage and determination to change the way the Obscene world thinks is Un-deniably great,

Yeah il have to give the guy SOME credit, that he made people question the bible

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
I dont know, but Im not just going to go on some random guys perception on how we became to be. We are not meant to know. Evolution is Darwins opinion, doesnt mean it has to be mine as well just because it sounds like it could make sense.

You're welcome to agree with him or not; but idiots do not come up with things that make sense, they come up with things that don't make sense. (A wizard did it, for example)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Do you have a theory about how such a diversity of life came to be?

I haven't concretely defined mine, but to put it shorty it involves a conscious universe becoming self-aware to experience itself in an infinite number of ways. Evolution of species fits in with my view of reality, not as a driving force but as a consequence of the structure of evolving consciousness.
edit on 5-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: edit: it still doesn't make sense but its easier to read

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

love the neo-hippie look

Evolution is merely an old Greek word for change.

so what's your theory as to the origin of species and life in general?

or are you one of those all life was created unchanging types?

"don't be so open minded your brains fall out" [from another members sig]

link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Information on Tetrapods above as you clearly need to read up on these things Before flapping about Oppinions that have no basis to fact, Darwin spent his whole life trying to understand Life better, And you have spent 2 minutes to say it was all wrong despite an obvious lack of understanding of Anything to do with his theories

link   

Originally posted by lewman

ok einstein, i take it you have never heard of a tetrapod.

Lewman, a teacher of mine used to say "Never argue with an idiot: bystanders might not be able to tell the difference".

Such an assertion, so ignorant of the fossil record..

Mind you, ignorance does not equate to stupidity; merely lack of facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join