It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason why you're not taken seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Your so WRONG. I am the real deal. I am an expereiencer (since I was a child). I don't talk about it much only post about it once or twice in passing. I don't give a crap about "disclosure". I don't think every you-tube video is real either. What I do know is what I know though is you skeptics are wrong in so much that I truly laugh at your ignorance.

Again, another unconstructive, boring post.

And yet again, using the term "Skeptic" in a negative sense. Anyone that examines the evidence and weighs it up against the probabilities and likelihoods is a skeptic. Anyone that accepts something, straight away, without question, is not. Which would you rather have on this forum.

But okay, we "skeptics" are the ignorant ones. Sorry oh mighty experiencer.

By the way, I'm a psychic, an abductee, and I can time phase. I'm not going to submit any evidence or explain myself, I'm just going to tell you that so much you know to be true is wrong, so I'm going to levitate while laughing at you.

^This is practically your post, but its more fun when I do it. Whether you believe I'm a psychic or I can do all that time stuff or not, it's annoying isn't it, the way I basically tell you I can do this and that and that you're wrong. I don't care what you believe, or what you think you are, this forum is about DEBATE. People like you make me cringe at it, because your posts can be summed up as "I'm right you're wrong. HAHAHA."
edit on 6-3-2011 by Motive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

I'm not hear to entertain you. I don't care to convince you. If you have an intelligent question. Maybe I'll answer it. You understand? I can tell you I'm very normal and successful in life. I have no need for attention or any thing of the sort. I just want to high lite that you are completely and totally wrong. And I find it amusing that you try with such vehemence to debunk something you have no clue about. Why not take the word of many average citizens of the world over a bunch of smart smarty know it all who deny EVERYTHING out of hand. And yes I know there are those that believe everything. Trust me a regular person that HAS had experiences with these beings that YOU ARE WRONG. They are visiting and they most certainly beyond the shadow of any doubt are in fact abducting people. Some remember it and some don't. Don't ask me why that is. You just don't realize how this thing works do you? Don't you understand that YOU could be an abductee and you would have no IDEA what so ever that it was going on. Unless there is a slip up or you create a place in your mind that your brain can rewire and allocate memories to a place that memories are not normally collected. I don't know why I even bother.. cya.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

You're like a broken record. The believers are ruining it for everyone. We get it. Now sit back and watch nothing change. Threads like this are so pointless. It's just an exercise to make you feel superior.

You must like the sound of your own typing...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Prime Example of why I made this thread:

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by Motive

I'm not hear to entertain you. I don't care to convince you. If you have an intelligent question. Maybe I'll answer it. You understand? I can tell you I'm very normal and successful in life. I have no need for attention or any thing of the sort. I just want to high lite that you are completely and totally wrong. And I find it amusing that you try with such vehemence to debunk something you have no clue about. Why not take the word of many average citizens of the world over a bunch of smart smarty know it all who deny EVERYTHING out of hand. And yes I know there are those that believe everything. Trust me a regular person that HAS had experiences with these beings that YOU ARE WRONG. They are visiting and they most certainly beyond the shadow of any doubt are in fact abducting people. Some remember it and some don't. Don't ask me why that is. You just don't realize how this thing works do you? Don't you understand that YOU could be an abductee and you would have no IDEA what so ever that it was going on. Unless there is a slip up or you create a place in your mind that your brain can rewire and allocate memories to a place that memories are not normally collected. I don't know why I even bother.. cya.

Now I'm going to show you the parts of your post that tell us you really have nothing to offer this forum other than "I'm right you're wrong." and why to me, it just looks like an attempt at attentionseeking.

"I don't care to convince you." Then why are you replying to me at all.
"I have no need for attention or any thing of the sort" Could have fooled me.
"I just want to high lite that you are completely and totally wrong" Oh okay, thanks for your in depth explanation. I don't know what I'm supposedly debunking though, I actually think there are ET's, this thread isn't about debunking at all. I suppose it's hard to realise that when you're as deluded as yourself.
"YOU ARE WRONG" ZZZzzz getting boring now.
"Some remember it and some don't. Don't ask me why that is" Oh okay.
"I don't know why I even bother" Neither do I mate.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motive
My point is, the attitude the majority of this forum has really doesn't do ANY favours whatsoever for this "community" or for the general ideology behind ET's and such.

Rant over.

Its foolish to judge anything based on your impressions of the local ATS community or "believers" in general. Instead, read a variety of books and judge based on that. Here are a few recommendations.

The Trickster and the Paranormal
Alien Identities : Ancient Insights into Modern UFO Phenomena
Aliens and Angels
Flying Saucers : A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Skies
Authors of the Impossible
Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld
Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times

edit on 6-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This thread may've turned into a bit of a rant,

A little bit of a rant, yes...albeit for perfectly understandable reasons.

So what are the answers to the problems you've listed? Are there any, at least partial, answers at all?

Or are we doomed to see these problems recur again and again and again?

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 6-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

At the moment I truly believe that this kid thinks, he had an encounter. What I was trying to do was establish his beliefs in writing by him and not just place my own opinion. Its a way of establishing facts. It is a common practice and line of thought in scientific community. Though you would no nothing of this, as all your evidence are based on your beliefs and not proof.

At least I tried to question the lad in an appropiate manner. You guys just yell your opinion and didn't even take the opportunity, to discuss things rationally.

I wish they had a this thread sucks button as then you would see how popular you really were.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: bad spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Your talking about evidences here but you have given none in my threads, you just yell your opinion about it. Your as bad as the people claiming the impossible.

You offer no evidences, why should I believe your right? To me your just a loud mouth.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
By the way why is this thread still in the Alien Ufo forum, its not like we are discussing them, this should be moved. Its a discussion on peoples beliefs, its stupid.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I liked the idea of the thread in terms of the ideals shown but I've got to say to you OP that you have allowed yourself to prove the answer to your own thread.

People have taken any of us serious from whatever angle we come because these threads always turn out to be ranting fights where no side achieves anything.

The simple facts here are :

Person who believes no matter what will never change and any exchanges with them are pointless.
Person who does not believe no matter what will never change and all exchanges with them are pointless.

Anyone else has a fair chance of making a sensible conversation bar the ego posters and the hoax shovellers..

As for those claiming to be critical thinkers, please, let us be the judge of that

edit on 6-3-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Another thing that keeps this subject from being taken seriously is the massive amount of negativity. Mainstream Guy sees an abnormal light in the night sky whips out his iphone and records it, it comes out horribly but he can't stop thinking about it so he posts it on YT anyway, he doesn't feel like he can talk to anyone in his life but has to talk to someone so he then enters UFO in his search engine and ends up here, where he he's promptly told he's a hoaxer or an idiot because on the crappy video it looks like a plane.

Mainstream guy tries to explain why it wasn't a plane but no one ever really reads his posts because duh the video is obviously fake. So Mainstream Guy goes away and never talks about UFOs with anyone again because even the UFO community made him feel stupid and alienated. Multiply Mainstream Guy by 10 or 100 or 1000. We need Mainstream Guy feeling comfortable and validated so that he can talk about it in the mainstream. We need the mainstream.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The thread is in the Aliens and UFO forum because its a discussion about the Aliens and UFO forum, why is that so hard to understand.

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by Motive

At the moment I truly believe that this kid thinks, he had an encounter. What I was trying to do was establish his beliefs in writing by him and not just place my own opinion. Its a way of establishing facts. It is a common practice and line of thought in scientific community. Though you would no nothing of this, as all your evidence are based on your beliefs and not proof.

At least I tried to question the lad in an appropiate manner. You guys just yell your opinion and didn't even take the opportunity, to discuss things rationally.

I wish they had a this thread sucks button as then you would see how popular you really were.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: bad spelling

Establishing whether his story is true, thats fine, thats good, and I applaud you for that. Yet you then come on the forum and say "THERE IS PROOF". Not in any of his videos there aren't, no proof whatsoever, because you just jump to the conclusion that you want to be true. Contradicting yourself pretty heavily.

As for your last comment. Read the entire thread, look how many positive replies there are, people agreeing that the forum is in dire straits. I even enjoyed FoxMulder's replies until he took the stance of having a superior-intellect to everyone else.

Not only that Slipdig, but you've singehandedly derailed this thread a fair bit, as you've tried pretty hard to make it centre around your thread alone. Thats not what this thread is about, I used your thread as an example, and so far you've only proved my example right by claiming that the videos show proof, yet you can't prove its real. Hence no proof. This thread isn't about you.

As for someone elses reply saying that the points I raised were right, but what are the answers? IMO, there aren't really any answers to it, a massive change in the way people approach the topic isn't going to happen, the only way to focus the forum into decent debate instead of the slurry of ridiculous threads around recently, is to moderate it much more strictly. Vulgar insults even get thrown around without a blink of an eye, and the cliche posts of "You're wrong you just don't know it yet" without any kind of debate involved, and comments such as "I could tell you why you're wrong, but I wont" add NOTHING to the forum but frustration, and those people should get warnings to discourage it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

I agree with your points. That said, this is a site for ideas and theories that are embraced by some and labeled "out-there" by others. I, at times, find myself reading threads for their entertainment value when I should be looking for answers and legitimate debate. Not sure if that is good or bad...........

Peace..........yak055h

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

I never claimed proof anywhere, I just claimed no one has used intellect to disprove it, and that is what you are trying to say in your bottom paragraph. All those things that you state are wrong with the forum are whats happening in my thread, and you are even a perpetrator of this as you use my thread for an example of ridiculousness, without proven it is ridiculous. Hey you could prove it ridiculous, but you don't have to tell me how hey?

I know its not about me, I just dislike you using me as an example. I'm allowed to dislike it as well.

Also you've used my example of one of my threads, you may not thinks its right, doesn't give you the right not to let people discuss it.

I have another thread about UFO's see if that ones more to your liking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think this is a discussion on Aliens, I think its a discussion on things you don't agree with.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
S&F

I am going to do a study on my own hoax and post it. I will state that it is my UFO though and go through the process of how I did it. I know that it has been done a million times but I just want to prove to myself that I can do it for cheap and make it look good. I repeat, I will state that it is a study for the "easily convinced". This is the first time I have spoken of my plans. I am curious as to what it looks like.

I know that I will take some flack from the hardcore believers, but most of these videos are like you say(crap).

What a novel idea.

Yes - I think this will lend much more credibility to the case for (and against) UFO's being other worldly craft.
In other words you would be doing for serious researchers the equivalent of coughing without covering your mouth. That's a help.

Not.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The truth is there is one, all-encompassing and all-consuming problem in UFO research, a problem that those listed by Motive are mere symptoms of. The reason why no one else takes this subject seriously is because we, that is everyone involved in the field does not take the subject seriously. Sure, people claim to take the subject seriously, but there is a galaxy of difference between taking a subject seriously and treating it with seriousness. If you are incapable of looking at the subject with a critical eye, if you take an attitude that you know what the truth is evidence-be-damned, if you argue that no one accepts your opinion because they fear the truth, if you need to resort to Bulverism to protect your beliefs, or need to excuse information you don't like as "disinfo", then you are not taking the subject seriously. If we cannot take it seriously, then we can't expect anyone else too either.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

The reason why you are not taken seriously

So cool of you to reprimand the jokers and all the silliness that sometimes occurs around such a delicate subject as UFO research and the claims made..."This is real" ....A UFO!!! And then it turns out to be just a hubcap or a dinner plate against a backdrop of skyline.

However you make no mention of the huge number of UFO reports, sightings and clips that ARE NOT FAKED, THAT ARE UNEXPLAINED, and that ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY by many thinking people....
except perhaps the jokers and the paid and persistent debunkers whose sole purpose is to discredit credible reports so the story does not gain "legs" and get taken seriously.

You saying that doesn't happen? Credible stories are not given some fantastic explanation like "it was a weather balloon" or a piece of debris just to shut people up and throw them off the story???

If so then there is no end to the naivety of some people.
And to those folks still unconvinced there is more out there than meets the eye....I have some premium property in Florida to sell you.
Only a little swampy.
edit on 6-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Heyyy I got a foe out of that thread!

Made my day that!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Ps: Not every YT video of UFOs is a hoax,fake or whatever. Some things can´t be explained and that´s a freaking fact.

Aint that the truth, Justin Bieber... oO

I mean... Seriously???

Oh I seem to have snipped the other stuff you said, I'm sure it was important however...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm just going to tell you that so much you know to be true is wrong, so I'm going to levitate while laughing at you.

^This is practically your post, but its more fun when I do it.

Star for the unexpected real life Lol.. at almost 2am too, *trying to be quiet!!*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join