It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

I'm British. I worked for many years with a bloke from Pakistan called Zamir. He was a devout Muslim. He was also the most English man I have ever met. He was a wonderful and friendly person. Every Christmas he invited all his Christian friends to his house where his family laid on a fantastic curry meal for everyone.

He went home to Pakistan recently and brought me back a lovely, hand-carved serving platter as a present before going back to Pakistan for good.

I miss him!

Why can't we just all get on like I and Zamir did?

We're all just people and we all have diffrent beliefs, its just how we react to others' beliefs which shapes the world.

Lets just all take a step back.

Next time its a religious festival for people you know who are not of your faith, try inviting them round to your place and letting them know you appreciate their religion and maybe they will think better of you in the future.

Lets all just try to show respect for each other and perhaps we can stop hating each other.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Just for GP I do also have a problem with moderate or peaceful muslims who don't speak loud enough against these dumb flippin radical wannabe muslims.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ohioriver

I'm a male. Do I believe in sharia law? I cannot say I do due to the simple fact that it has been twisted and changed, I'm a follower of the Qur'an first and foremost which some muslims fail to realize is the way to go. Sharia law is not mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an. There are various laws in the Qur'an just as there are in the Bible and Torah, but this system of government is in my opinion 100% political. It has no real religious backing.

As for my view on women, I feel that women are the jewel of human kind. A womans testimony weighing less than a mans was a practice of old Arabia which got 'integrated' into various sects of Islam, which is one of the main reasons I don't follow any sect at all. Those who created these various sects, integrated Islams universal teachings with the culture of whatever country they came from, and now look where it got us. 72 different sects, most of which follow the culture of a country which many of us haven't even been to.

As for female genital mutilation, that is some SICK CRAP, and COMPLETELY cultural and has NO religious basis whatsoever.

S/F for that reply

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Very tricky word play there. Either you are totally against Sharia Law, or you support it in one of its forms? Are you against Sharia Law in any form it may present itself?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

Love your post.

God bless

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Lol word play? I could swear I said I'm opposed to it simply because it's not what's taught in the Qur'an. I love how hard you try to hate me or even demonize me based on what I support and oppose. But guess what, I'd never kill you. =)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's you. Please tell that to your ilk in Europe.

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You're not a real muslim. Real muslims wouldn't use this site. j/k
Thanks for not being violent!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Funny thing about that is I DO!!! I'm in the process of working with various organizations to organize a day of protests nationwide and hopefully even worldwide AGAINST 'radical Islam'. I have also taken initiative in trying to get in contact with various muslim leaders to organize an "uprising" against radical preachers.

link   

reply to post by MiTS1965

Love your post.

God bless

Thank you.

People like Zamir can sooth all the problems in this world.

If we were all like him there would be universal peace and harmony.

Live and let live. Don't try to hurt someone just because the religion you are taught by the people in your region differs from those from other regions.

Accept our differences and respect them.

We're all the same people.

link   

Your links dont work.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

You are so right, I'm gonna sell my computer, possessions, and everything else and move into a cave in Arizona. LOL I dig your humor.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

Unfortunately I can't tell. =/

And therein lies the dilema.

A few words on an internet forum doesn't provide a platform to base the honesty of another poster so the initial honesty about your claims cannot be judged can it?

I'm sure you're a nice person, but your initial post was almost a rant wasn't it and not good for the credibility you are/were trying to purvey.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I agree, it was definitely a rant inspired by some other posts on the site. Touche my dude. Touche.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What about all the intolerance and bigotry of the Christian, Jewish right.

Society often hostile to all religious beliefs, distorts the bigger picture by emphasising on the small number of extremists.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Funny thing about that is I DO!!! I'm in the process of working with various organizations to organize a day of protests nationwide and hopefully even worldwide AGAINST 'radical Islam'. I have also taken initiative in trying to get in contact with various muslim leaders to organize an "uprising" against radical preachers.

I appreciate your effort. We have to get humanity together. We really are all the same and we need to unify as soon as possible.

Peace to you, your family, your nation, your religion and the world. All as one.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Well, I believe that is a cultural thing, and I believe cultural back and forth is one of the things that tainted this faith The anti-jewish effort was started, AND fueled only by the situation with Palestine and Israel. I have lots of Jewish friends actually, and they're pretty dang cool.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

...gosh, dont leave cuz of some idiots... i just got accused of working for a mexican drug cartel... i'm not even mexican and i'm an old woman - go figure, lol... let the insults just roll off of ya, like water on a goose...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is something in Islam called Taqiyya which allows a Muslim to LIE about their faith.

Question:

Are Muslims permitted to lie?

Summary Answer:

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

Link to site quoted.
Taqiyya Wikipedia entry.

That site gives Qur'an and Hadith quotes saying lying is okay to deceive unbelievers. So yes you probably are.

edit on 5-3-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

*sigh* As previously stated, that is a SHI'A teaching. But tell me sir, what would be my point in trying to deceive you, or anybody else on this site? It's not like you know me, and me "deceiving" you would benefit me in NO way..

As for the cited Quranic verses, if you actually read them on your own, outside of a website and definitely outside of wikipedia you would know that the concept of taking a non believer as a friend to guard yourself was revealed during a time of torture and hardcore oppression to the Muslims in Arabia. That's exactly why I say that people have to learn to apply the faith to 2011 But you don't HAVE to believe anything I say.
edit on 5-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join