It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: UFO Buzzed By Helicopter 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

VIDEO: UFO Buzzed By Helicopter 2011

www.examiner.com

Filmed Above Moscow, March 3 2011.

The video begins with two bright objects in the sky. One is moving (the helicopter), and the other appears stationary (UFO). At one point, the helicopter seems to pass directly in front of the UFO. The bright object that was stationary then moves to the right of the screen and off camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This vid is on Youtube, and I couldn't find it here on ATS. Not sure it's a UFO - hope someone here has some ideas.

Real or not - reports of UFO sightings are hitting the news big time. I think some reports result from geomagnetic fluctuations and anomalies, but suspect (hope?) that some just may be real space crafts.

The Examiner article.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Any idea what the 3rd light is?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting find S+F, would be better if we could get some footage from inside the helicopter.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This looks like nothing more than distant planes lining up on a pre-landing pattern. The first one even looks like it entered the landing glidslope to the right. How do we get a helicopter buzzing a UFO out of this. Please clarify.
edit on 5-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: for typo

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, to me they look like jets, like this:

When I look at the video further, this angle/view/place looks very familiar. I think the guy who filmed the video has a channel on YouTube with a lot of similar videos from the same exact location. I remember the building that you see in the video... If I recall, it was determined that the guy making the video lives under a major vector route for aircraft, and so he films these jet looking things all the time.

I am very certain that this guy's videos have been discussed on ATS already, I will try to find it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Then that would seem to be a pretty stupid move by the helicopter to be flying in front of and behind a plane on a holding pattern...............also seems quite unusal that the air traffic controllers would have no problem with the helicopter flying back in forth in holding, or landing air space

And, I dont believe planes go back in forth in a holding pattern??

Parker

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

your mostly correct earthly planes cant hold like that

And, I dont believe planes go back in forth in a holding pattern??

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by roguesoul

The source article says it's an airplane:

In the meantime, a third object has entered the field of vision. These two remaining objects seem to hover for several minutes. The complete video runs 4:59. An airplane passes overhead during the third part of the video. For comparison purposes, this airplane looks nothing like the unidentified flying objects in the video.

...That's what you meant, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok I found the guy...

YouTube User: olegen77

Here is the original upload for the video in the OP:

This guy "olegen77" has had many of his videos discussed on ATS. I believe it has been determined that he lives under a major vector route for aircraft, and he films these aircrafts and labels them UFO.

If you watch some of the many videos he has from the same location, you will see these "UFO" are just jets.

Here is one example of a jet which was called a UFO from this guy:

Here is another recent one (March 1). You can clearly see it is a jet, with a red and green light on each wing tip and landing/wing lights in the middle:

Keep in mind that mostly ALL of these videos are filmed from the same location and you can see the same building that is visible in the OP's video.. So this guy is consistently filming these jets in the same location (common vector route for aircraft), and calling them UFOs. I am pretty sure he lives by an airport. He is filming them on the same flight path, over and over...

I am 100% certain what we see is just a jet that is probably a few miles away. The guy filming them has lost credibility long ago. Every jet is a UFO to that person.

edit on 5-3-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The Examiner reports:

...there is a notation on the bottom of the video that reads "Copyright Oleg Tarabanov 2011." Oleg Tarabanov is a Russian UFO hunter.

The article also says not much else is known about this particular video. Except that it comes from the Alien Disclosure Group (ADG).

...Some of the comments on Youtube are quite sceptical.

Ed to add:

We posted at the same time - great digging.

edit on 5/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The helicopter is probably not even near the jet... The jet is probably more than 10 miles away, while the helicopter is probably 1 or less miles away. It's called perspective, you should ponder that for a while.

Watch this video at 1:02:

Wow! That seagull is flying faster than a Boeing 747!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks. I didn't realize they mentioned the guys name ( some how I missed it ). That would of helped me out. I found him by memory. I remember that building you see in the video, and I remember discussing an identical video on ATS long ago, and I recall it being in Moscow. Sure enough, I was right.

I will tell you how this topic is going to play out, because it's "deja vu" to me, and because it happened before;

1: People will see it is a jet.
2: People will deny it is a jet.
3: People will ignore laws of perspective.
4: People will ignore the history of the camera guy, and his history of filming jets, and his location near an airport.
5: The topic will go back and fourth forever... all because some guy likes to film jets and call them UFOs.

So... there you go.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am with others thinking it maybe lined up aircraft with their lights on, preparing to land... There even appears to be an aircraft control tower in the frame? Not sure.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

The helicopter is probably not even near the jet... The jet is probably more than 10 miles away, while the helicopter is probably 1 or less miles away. It's called perspective, you should ponder that for a while.

Watch this video at 1:02:

Wow! That seagull is flying faster than a Boeing 747!

Perhaps??

How would you explain that the helicopter flew BEHIND the light????

Also, the videos you posted seem to have the standard blinking lights expected on a plane, I didn't seem to notice any typical aircraft landing or flying lights on the OP's video..............Again, just my observations.

Parker

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So I watched the video again to find out what you are talking about... and I don't see anything go behind anything. Care to note what part of the video you are referring to?

There is no "helicopter". There is only airplanes. At the end of the video you are seeing two jets flying towards the camera. One jet is probably at least 1 mile behind the the other jet. Then the closest jet turns left, and appears to pass in front of the jet that about 1 mile behind it. Because of perspective, it creates the illusion that one aircraft is flying directly in front of another... but in reality, those two objects are far away from each other. Most likely following nearly the same path + or - several feet.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
Also, the videos you posted seem to have the standard blinking lights expected on a plane, I didn't seem to notice any typical aircraft landing or flying lights on the OP's video..............Again, just my observations.

Parker

Also, there is another illusion happening in the video which is caused by the way lights work.

What some people don't understand is that a lot of lights appear bigger when they are further away, and smaller when they are closer. On reason is because light cones outward from the source point. So the further the light the bigger the cone, the closer the light the smaller the cone.

Also, jets have two main bright lights in the front. When a jet is far away these two lights appear closer together, so they combine their intensity and it appears like one bright light. However, when the jet gets closer, the two lights appear to separate, and the intensity seems to decrease slightly.

This illusion can make aircraft that are far away appear close, and aircraft that are close appear far.

-edit to add-

If you don't see standard FAA lights on a jet, or blinking strobes lights, this could mean the jet is pretty far away. When a jet is far away, every single light on the jet appears to be combined together to create one bright light. So you can't see all the lights in detail, just one bright light. As the jet gets closer, the lights appear to separate, making them more visible.

In the OP's video, the jets are probably too far away for the camera to see the blinking lights. They are most likely mixed with the main lights.

Again, watch this video I filmed my self:
www.youtube.com...

The video above is of jets flying towards me. They are confirmed jets.... they have FAA lights, and strobe lights etc., but you can't seem because the jets are too far away. The lights are all blended together.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think this is what we are seeing:
Several aircraft on final approach

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You know what? I watched several 'lights in the sky' videos that he filmed from his window, supposedly UFOs. They were obviously videos of commercial planes on their landing patterns. I left a few benign comments to these videos, stating that those were most likely planes. And you know what? I have just received a rude message from this oleg telling me that I was a spammer. All of my comments have been promptly deleted, of course and he has also blocked me so I cannot leave any more comments.

I think that this guy is either completely crazy or that he's a professional hoaxer making money on YouTube. Just look at the number of hits that his videos get. Also, note that all the comments to the videos are filtered down to those agreeing with him.

He has also made an appearance on a Russian TV Channel called RenTV which tends to show a lot of documentaries on UFOs. Some are good, like Ancient Aliens, but most are really dumb and speculative, full of hoaxed videos and 'witness accounts' of obviously mentally ill people.

Go figure..

top topics

join