It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: NASA Scientist Claims Evidence of Alien Life on Meteorite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

That's the stunning conclusion one NASA scientist has come to, releasing his groundbreaking revelations in a new study in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.

Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist with NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, gave FoxNews.com early access to the out-of-this-world research, published late Friday evening in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology. In it, Hoover describes the latest findings in his study of an extremely rare class of meteorites, called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites -- only nine such meteorites are known to exist on Earth.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

Copy and past post ..... naughty ,naughty

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Interesting.

I am aware of a theory that life on Earth may have begun after the necessary components were brought here via meteorite impact.

Perhaps this may be another stepping stone to validate the theory!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Interesting.

I am aware of a theory that life on Earth may have begun after the necessary components were brought here via meteorite impact.

That's the first thing that came to my mind. It could mean that life here on earth was ignited by "panspermia". However, this does not mean perse there are planets with humanoids, unless that planet had the exact same conditions as earth had. But who knows, we might be visted one day by intelligent dino's.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDetective
www.foxnews.com...

That's the stunning conclusion one NASA scientist has come to, releasing his groundbreaking revelations in a new study in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.

Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist with NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, gave FoxNews.com early access to the out-of-this-world research, published late Friday evening in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology. In it, Hoover describes the latest findings in his study of an extremely rare class of meteorites, called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites -- only nine such meteorites are known to exist on Earth.

Great news if true. I want to expand my horizons i just need something REAL to grab onto.

But be skeptical. Levin still says his experiment on viking detected life with almost certainty. Yet did that get us anywhere? No. Everyone has to come onboard with this for it to mean something.
edit on 5-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Foxnews...... really?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There it is ladies and gents. We have been visited!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
From the article:

Given the controversial nature of his discovery, we have invited 100 experts and have issued a general invitation to over 5,000 scientists from the scientific community to review the paper and to offer their critical analysis. No other paper in the history of science has undergone such a thorough vetting, and never before in the history of science has the scientific community been given the opportunity to critically analyze an important research paper before it is published.

Dr. Rudy Schild, Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics

This is pretty serious, it seems.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced

Originally posted by scobro
Interesting.

That's the first thing that came to my mind. It could mean that life here on earth was ignited by "panspermia". However, this does not mean perse there are planets with humanoids, unless that planet had the exact same conditions as earth had. But who knows, we might be visted one day by intelligent dino's.
Reptilians?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

post by 2Faced
this does not mean perse there are planets with humanoids, unless that planet had the exact same conditions as earth had.

Thats a pretty bold claim , why would conditions have to be exactly the same as here on Earth ?
Mankind has shown itself to be adaptable , able to survive the Ice age and live in the hottest , coldest parts of the planet .
I would say that a bipedal extraterrestrial race would adapt to the conditions presented , as long as they had access to shelter and other species to prey upon .
The Goldilocks zone is a limit set by humans not nature .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hate to be a downer but we really have been here a few times already and in the end it was just discussed by the scientists and then put back on the shelf. We simply are no nearer knowing what the truth is.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceFoetus
Foxnews...... really?

No doubt.
I would give more credence to the story if it were reported by one of those lesser news sources. Until it is reported by them I will scoff at it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A link to the paper:

journalofcosmology.com...journalofcosmology.com...

Interesting stuff in the abstract. I shall read more later.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I read about life on metros in the 70s in a book at a college library.
and it was a old book.
it is amassing that they keep discovering old thing.
they think we have forgotten.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Foxnews...... really?

Yes, it's totally insane anyone would go to the news source with the most viewers to get their story out. Thankfully most people actually know the difference between news reporting and opinion programs.

Is the idea to post a rant on any thread with a link to FoxNews
How about y ou leave the Political Madness outside this forum that is not a political forum?

On topic-

Thanks for the post. People should go to the article the story is about. A link is highlighted in the body of the story on FNC.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthAndOtherLies
Reptilians?

No, Panspermia has nothing to do with the Reptilian Myth. You will find that topic in the Skunk Works with topics with no supporting evidence, fabricated out of thin air.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The skeptics are flailing around wildly trying to find a bucket of sand to stuff their heads into..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ummm..... Ok with all the little rocks out there from all the little meteorites I can see the Possibility that this theory could be seen as relevant but the list of possible origins would be way to vast to narrow down any starting point for further investigation

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by MrDetective

Copy and past post ..... naughty ,naughty

one line reply..... naughty ,naughty

interesting post OP thanks for the link, these claims have been proven to be false before though so fingers crossed this one stands up to the tests

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Foxnews...... really?

Actually this is one of those rare cases when fox news is desired, since it is one of the most watched news channels in the states and a propaganda machine for the government , meaning this had to be approved by the top and somebody wanted this to be seen nation wide. Some might say that this could be a step towards a bigger disclosure but I am not jumping on the "hurray bandwagon" just yet

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join