It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Then I appologize for casting assertions. Thought it was a funny comment to make, but you never know on here, right?

Yeah saying you emerse yourself in chinese culture by visiting china town is pretty ignorant especially when your menu comes with a page in English too.

I agree to get a real idea of a countries culture, you need to use the public transport shop in the locals shop try and speak the language, even if its only an effort, it is always appreciated. I wish I could go travelling again, it's such a buzz being a stranger in a foreign land

Its okay
lol

I hope you understood why I said it in the way I did

(i) to make a joke

(and the other method to my madness, my own way .... )

(ii) to show how ignorant some of the comments have been on here, which you actually nailed in this post!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

It was a stupid post he made. We were all in this war together, and we all played a very important part.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
For those who complain about the cost..

I found return tickets from New York to London on the 1st of may with return on the 30th of may for 1580$ for two adults.
Seriously, that's cheap. It's the same I pay to travel to S-E Asia.
And I'm sure you can find it cheaper if you have time to juggle the dates a bit.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lifthrasir
The reason for my paucity of travel (at all) is my lack of money. Growing up, my family only had the money to go to my state's capitol (Oklahoma City) or to Tightwad, Missouri (yes, there is such a place) to visit my mom's family.

In the summer of 2009, I was privileged enough to have met someone from NRW, Germany and visit them there. I absolutely loved the idea of experiencing other cultures and languages and still do. While there I was fortunate to visit the Netherlands (the home of my ancestors), Luxembourg, and live for a week in Taize, France.

At any given time in Taize, there are people (generally my age) from at least twenty different countries. I loved getting to know them, their languages, and their cultural background. One of the best summers of my life was in Europe. I would absolutely love to go back, or go anywhere. I am fluent in conversational Mandarin Chinese and would love for China to be my next international trip.

In short, I would like to add that for many, the lack of international travel isn't xenophobia, it's the lack of finances or, in my line of work, the threat of being fired and fined $500 for missing one day of work. (I don't get vacation, days off, or promotions.)

Honesty, its beautiful!

My husband has travelled alot (mainly european countries), he loved each moment, one thing he said to me, as much as he loved visiting all these other countries and family over there, there is just something about being in the plane, managing to get a window seat and as the plane hoovers over your own country's soil and you see the land... you get excited and sad, but looking forward to coming home all at the same time... there is no place like home...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just thought I'd give a little example of Brits abroad. caution strong language

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Thank you for you kind post. You're right, (speaking for myself) I'm not a good traveler, but do try. I feel I have to pack every thing I own when I travel, so it can get even more expensive with the checked luggage. I do however want to travel more in the future and would absolutely love to see your country.

haha I relate

There are so many fantastic websites and youtube clips which explain/demonstrate when and how to pack for a trip, any sorta trip, a trip for a few days, weekend to a few weeks, domestic and international travel

Lots of neat tips
( I still cant get myself to travel with only 2 pairs of shoes for trips longer than a weekend lolol)

Worth googling and finding out

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

You could say that without american money there wouldnt of been a world war 2 in the first place. and you guys havnt been much different from nazi germany since ww2. as u say ur self most of u only get to see the world through war.

Ultimately I think your reply adds fuel to the fire.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Without France, there wouldn't be a U.S., but a greater U.K.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
I hate to say it, but we Australians have become what we used to call the ugly Americans.

Since the GFC, ( I visited the US before and after the crash ) Our roles have reversed. Sydney is now full of the very stereotypes we used to attribute to Americans.

Did you live in Sydney?

I havent been back to Sydney since the late 90s lolol
Nice city, expensive, weather was nice, I was terrified on the roads, I thought I was going to day, could have been the driver though lolol but gee the traffic and the way people drive there is frightening stuff, very very agressive

I love Northern NSW though, I go to Melbourne alot, you must be speaking just for Sydney, my time in Melbourne is nothing like which you describe Sydney to be

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You guys should check out www.lonelyplanet.com... it's a site with great travel ideas at very low cost. I haven't used it yet, but I know some friends who have been to Panama, Patagonia (Argentina), Cuba, Italy etc... using lonely planet. You get cheap hotel or hostel rates.

Sounds like an ad...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsenHehe!

Nice World Order 4 life, yeah!

lol Skurk

I was watching a documentary today (3 part doc) Australian History (more political doc than anything)

anyways...
One of the segments was Australia and world leaders arriving in France (after ww1) to form The League of Nations (which took over 6 months to finally construct and all agreeing)

What grabbed my interest was when they showed old news footage reels (black and white) of that time and how they presented and explained what The League of Nations was all about ...

"This New World Order, The New World Order...etc etc "League of Nations"

As you know Ive never quite understood why so many people believe there is this New World Order coming, when to me (and so many others) its clear we have been living under NWO for decades and decades!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Check out the following articles

Top 10 Places To Visit

1. Grand Canyon
2. Paris
3. Yosemite National Park
4. Hawaii
5. Victoria Falls
etc...

The 41 Places to Go in 2011

1. Santiago, Chile (btw I've read that Chile is one of the best countries to live in right now)
2. San Juan Islands, Wash.
3. Koh Samui, Thailand
4. Iceland
5. Milan
6. Republic of Georgia
7. London
8. Loreto, Mexico
9. Park City, Utah
10. Cali, Colombia

Geographic Arbitrage: Save Money by Leaving The Country

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Where ever you have people, there will be morons among them. You have morons in every country. If you want to find them, its not hard. Just stand there and look around for a while and you will spot them. But still, the concentration on morons within the population of todays USA does seem exeptionally high. Compared with the populations of other countries, especialy those lesser well off, it is not totally wrong to say: Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic! (Greetings from Germany)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Essentially what this come down to, and apologies of this has been mentioned, and peoples beef with Americans and travel is nothing due to the ability to continually vacation in ones own country but more over the known that that 82% of Americans do not have a passport, have not been outside the US, nor have any need or want to.

BUT.... and here is the thing

BUT, are readily willing to cast their own opinions and stereotyped beliefs on and about other cultures, cause many geo political problems due to foreign policy, which quite frankly makes the rest of us VERY nervous, when the man holding the big gun, is backed up by a crowd of ignorant zombified people crying for blood and chanting USA USA USA!!

By all means, we like it when Americans leave their homeland to visit the old world. Just don't shout do loud and be polite. So if can and want to then great. If you don't and won't then you forego your right to have an informed opinion about the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You guys should check out www.lonelyplanet.com... it's a site with great travel ideas at very low cost. I haven't used it yet, but I know some friends who have been to Panama, Patagonia (Argentina), Cuba, Italy etc... using lonely planet. You get cheap hotel or hostel rates.

Sounds like an ad...

The lonely planet books are essential if you are going traveling, when turning up in the arse end of nowhere, the lonely plant will always have some recommendations of somewhere to stay and eat.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I do have to add-: Americans, Citizens of the USA, have been subjected longer and intenser to chemical and biological poisoning and radiation hazzards then the population of any other country. Name me a country that subjects its infants to over thirdy vaccinations befor reaching schooling age, name me a country with a more corrupted food and drug regulation administration then the FDA. Americans are not necessarely Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic, they have been made that way, and a lot of effort went into it, to get them that way. Also true is, that the greater part of the rest of the world prays that they, in spite of it all, will still find a way out of their current misery. It might save us all, since the USA is being used to get the rest of the world just as Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed and Narcissistic...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yep retardedly stupid I would say. The other night on Wheel the puzzle was
A_ckland
New Zealand
Only left with Vowels to guess and all 3 Contestants missed on it. Really we are that DUMB.
Not that I watch wheel it came on after what we call the News here when I finished dinner. I'm still bothered by this.
Ignorance isn't Pretty.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

The stupid, it burns! Aaaaaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhh!
Newsflash, bombing a place flat and killling as many of the inhabitants as you can doesn't count as "seeing a place"...
Vicky

Newsflash!! America has bases in over 100 countries and we are not attacking them right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here in America if you want French culture, go to New Orleans or north to Montreal. If you want Spanish culture and to see ancient ruins, go to St. Augustine. Further south in Florida for Cuban history and food. Want to see Asians in all their daily lives and goings on? Head east (or west) for little Chine in the New York or San Fransisco area. Go to Washington D.C. to see some of the best museums you'll ever lay eyes on in this lifetime if you want more ancient culture.

Europeans who sniff down their noses at us for not having enough cultural identity, but then bash us for not rubbing elbows with those with other cultures on a daily business just don't understand America. Everywhere we go, we can hear people of different languages and accents. Those people live with us. They are native americans, hispanics, french, german.... the list goes on. And I didn't need a passport to see any of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabrinaleena
Here in America if you want French culture, go to New Orleans or north to Montreal..... And I didn't need a passport to see any of it.

Well, unfortunately you do for Montreal...but it's worth the investment. I agree with your sentiments...this continent offers so much, which is why so many Europeans come to visit.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join