It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
im glad i live in australia, gun laws are what make us' different

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

'nuff said

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I used to live a couple of years in the states as a kid. I went to school there. Having come from a still war torn Germany, I was supprised how emotionally cold I found my American neighbourhood. It seemd like everybody was afraid of everybody else, fearing, somebody might want something one had and would just brutally take it. Seeing how Americans behave through out the world today, they where right fearing each other...

I remember American tanks riding trough our neighbourhood in Germany, ripping open the asphalt, old german ex POW's turning up with wheelbarrels filled with tar to fix it again. I remember, nobody disliked Americans even then. We all found them a bit strange, but nice. Today I see how all this has changed. Why has it changed that way? I would say, because you got hikacked chemically and biologically by a gang of mighty criminals who are our common enemy today...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I am so sorry to say this but I will say it. You suffer from Chronic Delusion

I will tell you why ...

I was born in an Eastern European Country ..Lived there for 23 years ..I also lived in Italy Switzerland England Jamaica and now due to the fact that I had to I am in a state in USA ..NC to be more precise.

Since I moved here only in my neighborhood were 4 shooting incidents in a spam of 7 months...not to mention that on the news all you hear is this one was shot this one was murdered.killed kids and all sorts of things happening within months not years.

As I said I have lived in Jamaica as well I can guarantee that is not as bad as here.

Even going to the mall they steel from you. I have never experience so much gun use and feeling so unsafe in any country I have lived in ..This is from my perspective. Not to mention that is so hard to make friends that have common interest as I do and are enough educated to have great conversations and actually enjoy a friendship.

Maybe all this is because the economical downturn maybe not.

I do not want to be rude or anything but What You All are experiencing here is not a perfect world is an Illusion of the World You wish you had ....Is as communist in a way as my country used to be before 1989 or at least this is how I perceive it ...I am not the only one I can guarantee you this .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
Yea. Good idea guys. Stay in your own country, the USA, since nobody wants you in theirs anyway. But you dont care whether your welcom or not, do you? If necessary, you simply kill a countries population, steal everything worth stealing and claim the lot as yours. The truth is, and lets just face it, Americans are less liked by the day. Ask yourself why or stay the way you are and carry on regardless, but then dont marvel about why nobody likes you.

Two points...everyone likes American tourist dollars.
...and the fact is, as a group Germans make for lousy tourists. I say that with a Bundesadler tattooed on my arm.

Ok just a news flash Your Dollar does not worth that much in England or other European countries. When you will try to convert it in GBP or Euro you will see why.

Why would they Love the American Dollar it seems to me that is on a down trend and maybe one day you will need few hundreds to buy a bread. This Economical downturn was a good thing for the average American because it sends you back with the feet on the ground because you were levitating way above the surface before !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I kind of shake my head when people start spouting off about how "Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!".

Aren't they showing many of those traits by telling us how we suck and how much greater it is "over there"?

As for travel, I don't think many people who have never traveled across the US appreciate the size and diversity of the United States.

We have large coastlines on two oceans, as well as the gulf, offering just about any type of sea related pastime you could imagine.

Large bustling urban and cultural centers with people from every nation on earth representing every culture out there, as well as vast wilderness. Real wilderness.

Vast plains, snow capped mountains, forests, wetlands, arctic glaciers, as well as deserts. There is so much to do here that we really don't need to go anywhere else to have a good vacation. There are places I would like to see someday but I could be kept busy for a looong time just seeing what there is to see right here. Europe does have a long interesting history, we have to admit that, but to say we are lazy and ignorant because we choose not to come praise that history makes Europeans look like pompous a - holes. Besides, if we are such stupid, lazy, good for nothings why do you want us there anyway?

As for the war. The US was supplying the allies with much needed supplies before we got into the fighting so to say the you had it all under control by yourselves is not entirely true. Then when we did get involved militarily we fought in multiple theatres and fronts and wound up having more military casualties that you Brits, though admittedly you suffered much greater civilian deaths. Britain was holding on but to say you didn't need our help, IMO, is being dishonest and frankly quite insulting to the hundreds of thousands of US military men who never came home from WWII.

By Dec 1941 the Germans were knocking on the door to Moscow so the Russians weren't exactly running over the Germans Either. The Germans weren't prepared for the harsh Russian winter and that was a major contributing factor to the Russians beginning to turn things around in 1942.

Maybe you would have won without us, maybe not. Maybe you wouldn't all be speaking German, but you might have been speaking Russian had the US not been there to counter them following the war and through the cold war.

And before you Europeans start insulting the US, our ignorance and military, you might want to stop showing your own ignorance by cracking open a history book and reading up on your own bloody history, complete with wars, crusades, world conquest, and colonization.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This thing in regards to " they hate us outside America" is not as true as you may think it is. Maybe everyone are made to think this. Maybe this way you will not travel and you will spend all your money in your own country so you can revive your Economy....Do you guys ever think of that ?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
LOL

I can only apologize for that man's behaviour no doubt he was a drunken idiot but yeah don't go taring use all with that brush

I've travelled quiet alot over the years thanks to my job or job at the time and TBH i have never met and American on holiday id definitely say you guys need to get out more, out of the US i've only ever met Americans in London and at the odd air show but that was because it was a US Airbase i guess. Other than that really nice people

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!..

Well that might be right...but lord knows we aren't the only ones!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

Nah.

I'll pass.

And without France saving your arse in the revolutionary war, America would be part of the British empire.

Lets have a look at American activity in WW2

- Sold allies overpriced weaponry and aid in an attempt to crush European economies
- Funded the Nazis and their Eugenics program
- Refused to enter the war
- Only entered the war when attacked

Americas role in WW2, if you picked up a history book, rather than watched a Hollywood movie, is not as favourable as you like to deceive yourself into thinking.

Why don't you think for a second and realise that without Russia and Britain, America would be speaking German. How's that. Without a collective European effort the Germans would have controlled the whole world, and America would have been taken in a single day

America is the only nation in the world that sells ropes to drowning friends.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

" Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic! "

Absolutely 100% CORECT!

Wow, that would mean you meant every single American alive. Quite an achievement!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I know you europeans and especially the french have to tell yourselves that. That doesn't make it true though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

As long as I have been alive there are Europeans who spit hate at America no matter what we do. It does not mean much in the scheme of things. They are a minority of pinheads. For most of them all they know about Americans is what they see on television.

You could spend a lifetime of vacations in the US and still not see and experience everything. Foreigners who have not lived here, have no idea what America is.

You could easily swap the words America and Europe round in your post.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Europeans, learn by our mistakes while America seems intent on repeating them over and over again. And you never fought to leave the country, unless stepping on board a ship is somehow deemed to be a fight!? Mind you, maybe this explains your countries reluctance to get involved in WW2? Why would you ever want to come back..? It was Germany that made you...

Patriot? What? Nope, never heard of it. Again, another generalization.
Um, hello? I said we came from there (among other places). We fought to get out from under british rule, what is not correct about that statement?
You say we haven't learned, well correct me if I'm wrong, but Europe has been around quite a bit longer than the US. A few thousand years right? So we should be the same huh, since we've only been colonized for 400 yrs.?

You didn't fight. You ran away. The British who stayed and fought for justice and freedom from the empire, these were freedom fighters.

The cowards of Britain, along with the religious maniacs, fled the tyrany and set up shop abroad.

It would be no different to the tens of thousands of Americans now who emigrate every year because they don't like America. Do you call these people freedom fighters, fighting against tyrany? Of course not.

America was made up of cowards who ran away from the fight with tails between their legs. The empire brought the fight to you. There was nothing good about your forefathers and what they did. It was the act of cowards.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by NadaCambia

I know you europeans and especially the french have to tell yourselves that. That doesn't make it true though.

What makes it true is the fact it is true, and all historians outside of America will tell you so. Without your European allies Britain would have crushed America. That's standard objective historical fact.

You can't accept it because you're insecure and feel some need to prove your worth militarily, as without the Revolutionary war and WW2 to your name, it comes to light that you've had your arse-kicked in every conflict you've ever engaged in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial

And before you Europeans start insulting the US, our ignorance and military, you might want to stop showing your own ignorance by cracking open a history book and reading up on your own bloody history, complete with wars, crusades, world conquest, and colonization.

Well weather you like it or not you Americans are Europeans so its your history as well unfortunately

and the last bit

world conquest, and colonization.???

What you moaning for we picked a lovely spot for you there? two big oceans east & west, mountains, palm trees to the south, Canadians to the north?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
Well, we never traveled abroad because we never could afford it. My husband and I were always too busy working to make ends meet while we were raising our children. Texas is a huge beautiful state with lots to see and Arkansas and Oklahoma are beautiful states as well. With all this surrounding us, I don't feel the least bit deprived.
I don't see Americans as stupid or uncultured....if that was true, there wouldn't be so many people trying to get to U.S.A.

You don't need alot of money to travel abroad. I've done it with change in my pocket on several occasions.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This thread ultimately shows how otherwise intelligent people are everything they claim not to be. Brainwashed by the State into feeling the need to defend criticism and attacks on their nation at every turn.

And all these excuses about not being able to travel for costs, what a load of nonsense! Get on a coach and you'll be at the Mexican border in no time.

America is a vast and beautiful country, but pull the other one, cultures don't vary to that degree. It's be like a Brit saying well Scotland and England have different cultures, so why would I feel the need to leave Britain?

It's this idea of American exceptionalism and it's been indoctrinated into you all since birth.

I can't say enough about travelling and experiencing different countries and people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by Primordial

Well weather you like it or not you Americans are Europeans so its your history as well unfortunately

and the last bit

world conquest, and colonization.???

What you moaning for we picked a lovely spot for you there? two big oceans east & west, mountains, palm trees to the south, Canadians to the north?

What, the Brits, French, Spanish, Italians, etc ... didn't have other colonies besides in North America? Wasn't it the British 'Empire" on which the sun never set? But I do have to admit, we did get a lovely spot.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Also this idea that America is ethically diverse so you can experience cultures at home, simply not true.

It's no more true than me being able to experience the culture of Pakistan by going down to the local kebab house. What you're seeing is a Westernised, corrupted take on a culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join