It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Russia’s Space Shuttle Program?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

It does snow there in may (though rarely). Also, the building was very dilapidated.In this case I do believe, there was no conspiracy there.

reply to post by weedwhacker

According to the articles I've read it could kill a man. Here is also a prototype of a laser-rifle/gun:

According to the article, it could kill a baby rhino from a distance of 40 metres.

Actually, I can't verify the source but I also read russian cosmonauts have been taking these weapons with them on the ISS up to 2007.

Some more things I forgot to add to the initial post.

/6629lgo/

This baby here has recently been upgraded. It is one of the most powerful radars in the world scanning both the airspace and the outer space.

Russia has also recently launched "Soyuz TMA-M", a new model in the series that is completely digitalized and has an automated ISS docking procedure.

edit on 3-3-2011 by evilcommunist because: added more info

edit on 3-3-2011 by evilcommunist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What a great topic I had no idea Russia had a space shuttle program, it's threads like this that keep me coming back for more, well done guys. It's been said before but worth mentioning again, imagine where we'd be if their program took off like ours, at the very least I don't think we'd be retiring our shuttles without a replacement waiting in the wings. I don't care what the naysayers believe, space exploration should be one of the most important issues on our agenda. Oh well what's exploration and the betterment of mankind compared to war and bailing out the banks anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Russia is also finishing creating its GPS system analogue called Glonass - a military/civillian satellite system. Last year there was an unsuccessful launch of 3 new satellites that were supposed to finalize the system. There was a brief commentary from MoD that satellites might have been lost due to "human interference". The commentary quickly disappeared from every website. Makes you wonder yet again.

Do you think the U.S. could have an army of the next generation of these things in space ready to interfere with other country’s secret satellites or expensive launches to keep them out of space?

Excuse the obvious thread plug regarding that possibility.

Star Wars: It has begun...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, your thread is where I first learned about the "Pebbles" and where I got the video.

What do you think they are being used for now-a-days? In the Star Wars thread I hypothesized that they could land directly on "enemy" satellites, attach themselves, and hack into their systems to intercept their communications. How would other countries get them off their satellites? They don't have many ways of repairing satellites already in orbit like we did with the shuttle. Some might still not even know if they are there.

Do you they could be the reason China shot down one of its satellites awhile back? Or, why the Russian GPS satellites failed?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Russian spaсe program?...Is this exist?...(Она утонула...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use- English Only – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
We are actually going to try and make females serve mandatory military service, as our men do, in a few years.
Then our country will be open for invasion.....

Well its a simple solution really...

put them in the front lines for distraction, then you boys go in for the kill

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only way to even coax them to the front lines would be to tell them a plane carrying designer high heels crashed, and another country is coming in to take the shoes.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Wow! Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread. I especially enjoyed the side by side comparisons!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by olegen77

Mod: English only? Really? It's apparent my point would be taken better if I wrote to my fellow ATS'er in Russian because I have the feeling his English is not the best.

You might as well go back and erase the info I posted about the laser, since that source was only available in Russian....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

The russian space programme from the soviet era may have ended outright , however roscosmos are still providing alot of hardware for the ISS and launch vehilces

Our nations should focus on numanned flights and recon missions to moons and asteroids/ meteors right now , and also develop a manned mission to the moon and mars again.
Having off world bases is what humanity needs in order to secure our future.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Zorgon! I just checked out the link on the russian secret weapon and noticed in one of the pics where they are all standing rank and file that the russian soldier girl in the middle is wearing high heels in her fatigues!!!! I found it very non convincing that it was a real photo but definatly enticing lol

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Pervius

That long thing with the spiral on it? Antenna on American scpacecraft

LMAO I didn't know astronauts were teamster drivers squakin on their cobra 29 cb radios!?
( Breaker one nine we got a big mama rolling though space and we got a jam, looks like the russians and chinese are rubber neckin at the challenger wreck in the ocean , rubber duck over)
Looks like we're gettin low on petro think ima gonna dock at the ISS to get some coffee and a new book on tape, over.
East bound an down, I heard thechinese got some lot lizards at the ISS so ya better lock up tight Rubber duck. ten four!

LMAO that was fun to write

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Great work Slayer, and well posted on the supporting photos Zorgon. Looking at this it is so obvious that the ruskies would have this type of program, but I had never heard of it until today. Thank you for the illumination guys Stars and Flags for everybody!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

It really makes you wonder , had the russians and americans settled their differences at the beginning where we would actually be today !

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
We are actually going to try and make females serve mandatory military service, as our men do, in a few years.
Then our country will be open for invasion.....

Well its a simple solution really...
put them in the front lines for distraction, then you boys go in for the kill

Might not work with the "Dont Ask Dont Tell" Soldiers
Is there a conspiracy there as well why that has been a hot topic in DC ?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Zorgon! I just checked out the link on the russian secret weapon and noticed in one of the pics where they are all standing rank and file that the russian soldier girl in the middle is wearing high heels in her fatigues!!!! I found it very non convincing that it was a real photo but definatly enticing lol
I felt that way too and thats why I felt that it must have been a publicity stunt or PR campaign for the International Crowd or perhaps a photoshop job by someone.
edit on 4-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Obinhi

It really makes you wonder , had the russians and americans settled their differences at the beginning where we would actually be today !
Probably not too far since competition and war is what brought us where we are technologically on both sides. I'm sure there will be significant improvement to a specific space project such as the Moon Landing or Mars Landing/Manned Mars project due to the exchange of ideas but the conceptual ideas conceived by individuals will be limited since everyone will be following the objectives setforth by the higher ups. The bigger the crowd the more BS (mismanagement of funds) that goes around in the government sponsored agencies.

SPACE RACE
edit on 4-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Do you think the U.S. could have an army of the next generation of these things in space ready to interfere with other country’s secret satellites or expensive launches to keep them out of space?

Well..never say never. The POTUS was urging the astronauts to set R2 free and operational in space. This could be just the beginning and sign of things to come for Space Based technologies and the objectives of DOD. This was in the news today. See the link below.

SPACE ROBOT

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

reply to post by Obinhi

I knew there were quite a few people out there that didn't know Russia had a program. I did the side by side comparison to give people something to consider while viewing the material.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join