It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Russia’s Space Shuttle Program?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Latest launch..

Progress M-03M (35) Lift Off from Baikonur to the ISS (HD) Quite spectacular actually. You get to see the Korolyov Cross effect as the boosters fall away...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Whats with the flashing lights as the booster stages eject , either side of the main body like a triangle of flashing lights ! I love the cross effect , kind of like the cross seen in deep space

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by hp1229

But at the time it was more convenient to let people think they were the commie pinko bad guys... and they told their people we were capitalist pigs while they drove Mercedes, ate the finest caviar and lived in those old palaces of the Tsars
Yep. Typical vote bank politics and PR for the international community and rising economies meanwhile the black projects continued on both sides

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist
BTW I hear NASA lost a very expensive satellite today due to another malfunction. Which reminds me of what we discussed earlier about the failed russian launch and commentary about "human interference".

A month ago Russia tried to launch another satellite with similar characteristics and it also failed because it couldn't reach the orbit. Now this happens to an american satellite.

I'm surprised I'm the first to see this strange coincidense.

In other words, drop some junk from the space claiming that we failed. Ask for more funding while the actual product is launched in space and functioning serving black projects
What do you think?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm reminded of a saying when we talk and compare the U.S. space program with the Soviet's or Russian program.

" If the moon was the objective of the race, why didn't the U.S.S.R. join the race? " " Because it was not possible, just not possible with the days technology, that's why! "

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
At this point, for me N.A.S.A. is kind of obsolete to be honest, I figure it's time to let the private sector fight for the market share of launching satellites. We have the technology readily available, ask any rocket launcher amateur who is restrained by laws and he/she will tell you in a heart beat that they can launch in to orbit.

It will open up the market and decrease the price of accessing space !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The pics depicting the young females of the military are in part true.I happend to know a person who has been in those countries and yes they have entires batallions that look like high price models,remember the recent scandal about the spyes deported to russia???In particular that hot redhead??..YES when my friend went there he didnt wanna come back home[joke],he said those new soldiers are hot.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Copying and making improvements on each-others designs has been going on for years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0bd2d052e4f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c58cd978f78.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Another space shuttle program is heading to the glue factory today. NASA's space shuttle Discovery made its final landing today.

Shuttle Discovery ends stellar space career

Gliding back to Earth after nearly two weeks in space, the shuttle Discovery touched down on Runway 15 at the Kennedy Space Center at 11:57 a.m. EST (1657 GMT). Discovery wrapped up its 39th and final mission into space, ending an illustrious career as the most-traveled member of America's space shuttle fleet.

It is to bad that the Russian equivalent did not see more flight time, and similar recognition. Learning about it on here, it seemed like a remarkable space craft. Space shuttle Discovery coming to a museum near you.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Impressive stats from Home page of your link. Thanks.
That lady deserves a rest.

The shuttle Discovery made a graceful landing at Kennedy Space Center today, returning from her final voyage after a remarkable three-decade life of service spanning 39 flights, 5,830 orbits of the planet, 365 days spent aloft and 148 million miles traveled. Discovery becomes NASA's first orbiter retired as the space shuttle fades into history over the next few months.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Fox Molder

Copying and making improvements on each-others designs has been going on for years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0bd2d052e4f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c58cd978f78.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

You're right... You only missed missed first step in that exactly design example - MiG-25, for which Eagle was following in design/aerodynamic scheme... I hope that was just a memory failure

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Meesha

That's true.

However....
Western intelligence and the MiG-25

Western intelligence and the MiG-25 MiG-25RBSh with markings of 2nd Sqn/47th GvORAP (Guards independent recce Regiment) Inaccurate intelligence analysis caused the West initially to believe the MiG-25 was an agile air-combat fighter rather than an interceptor. In response, the United States started a new program which resulted in the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle.[12] NATO obtained a better understanding of the MiG-25's capabilities on 6 September 1976, when a Soviet Air Defence Forces pilot, Lt. Viktor Belenko, defected,

AND

Mikoyan MiG-29

The MiG-29, along with the Sukhoi Su-27, were developed to counter new American fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon.[5]

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Meesha

That's true.

However....

Western intelligence and the MiG-25 MiG-25RBSh with markings of 2nd Sqn/47th GvORAP (Guards independent recce Regiment) Inaccurate intelligence analysis caused the West initially to believe the MiG-25 was an agile air-combat fighter rather than an interceptor. In response, the United States started a new program which resulted in the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle.[12] NATO obtained a better understanding of the MiG-25's capabilities on 6 September 1976, when a Soviet Air Defence Forces pilot, Lt. Viktor Belenko, defected,

AND

Mikoyan MiG-29

The MiG-29, along with the Sukhoi Su-27, were developed to counter new American fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon.[5]

I heared that from former Sukhoi OKB (design bureau - mother of Su-fighters) guy - they was waiting which plane will be chosen as advanced fighter by USAF.. and they was really happy with f-15 prototype won - so.. no surprises, aerodynamic scheme already familiar for russians.. No very new decisions - just make such scheme just much more "close to perfection" , that Su-27 family became... latest and perfect 4gen fighter, beating all competition to dust.. funny thing about destiny - Su-27 became an interceptor as well - a lot of them in PVO (Anti Air Defence)

BTW - agree that was fun - that misjudging MiG-25 as agile air dominance fighter.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meesha

reply to post by Meesha

That's true.

However....

AND

Mikoyan MiG-29

No very new decisions - just make such scheme just much more "close to perfection" , that Su-27 family became... latest and perfect 4gen fighter, beating all competition to dust.. funny thing about destiny - Su-27 became an interceptor as well - a lot of them in PVO (Anti Air Defence)

Beating all competition? Which competition and in comparison to which plane(s) of the world?

The Su-25 was nothing more than a brute force design as interceptor with very very poor fuel economy. The sustained top speed only lasted for few minutes in comparison to the plane SR71 which it was intended to intercept. Flying fast or high was never an issue for manufacturers.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Beating all competition? Which competition and in comparison to which plane(s) of the world?

The Su-25 was nothing more than a brute force design as interceptor with very very poor fuel economy. The sustained top speed only lasted for few minutes in comparison to the plane SR71 which it was intended to intercept. Flying fast or high was never an issue for manufacturers.

very good reading.... su-25 is an attacker at all... i think You mentioned MiG-25, as well as i mentioned a Su-27 as a perfect 4 gen fighter.. but who cares, all those russian MiG-28s (Top Gun name of secret russian f-5 never existed as a name at all)
Sorry for such evil off-topic anyway

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is still odd that this machine was not removed before the collapse of the USSR, or at the earlier inception of the Russian Federation. Looking back on its operational success, and through very difficult maneuvers; I would think of it as being valuable.

It follows from the aftermath of the breakup of the USSR. After the breakup, negotiations began, on how to break up soviet assets and liabilities between the union states. Assets were mostly land, buildings, factories and military hardware and most states found it impossible to pay back the debt within any reasonable timeframe. At that time, the CIS was considered the successorstate to the USSR, but after meetings between the Russian government and the London and Paris clubs(informal organizations of public and private creditors), Russia offered the other former republics a deal where the other former republics would get soviet assets on their territory and in return Russia would accept the full soviet debt and all soviet assets outside the former USSR. With the debt issue resolved, Russia assumed the status of sucessorstate to the USSR internationally. That is how Kazakhstan came into possion of the Buran, the jewel of the Soviet space programme.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
dual post... hmmm
edit on 12-3-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank everybody who has participated and have contributed to the discussion.

It is appreciated.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Probably just as most things related to the Russian government it's just a big old hollow threat, just like them being scary in the cold war era, just a bunch of talk talk talk.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Interesting reply

Care to elaborate on your last reply.
Just curious.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join