It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Russia’s Space Shuttle Program?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

Yes that maybe true , but did you see what they put Gagarin in to put him in space, its functional and it worked , and was very very basic !
that is impressive

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A good concept of use of "Енергија" system

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
An excellent presentation of killed space vehicles, our friend Buran is there too

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well I’ve never seen these pics before, I was too busy playing with barbie and ken, and then as I got older it was just ken, but anyway.

To me those Shuttle look the same, well almost, I think the engineers were swapping ideas.

And to me I’d say the USA was probably paying the soviet union to build theirs, why? So the American people would let them use all their tax dollars to play with bigger and better Shuttle than the soviets. You know USA people are proud and wouldn’t want to be second best. So they let NASA have more and more money.

How’s that for a first timer.

edit on 3/3/11 by Whateva69 because: I replaced the word flying things with the word Shuttle

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh I forgot to add why the soviets stopped with the space programe, because the USA stopped paying for it.

They didn’t need the competition any more because the USA Defence force took over. And they get as much money as they want and they don’t have to explain what they are doing with the money.

Well thats my guess anyway.

Now i'm going back to read everyones posts.
edit on 3/3/11 by Whateva69 because: i needed to

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

thats not so far off, once the race top the moon had been won , there was no point in spending the money on it , there was no more prestige or respect to be earned from the people. there was no new technology to be had at the time .
Personally I think the russians should have took the next step and went to mars or better yet colonised the moon permenantly , but money was the major factor .

All im sayiung is right now , man needs to start seriously considering the development of space and further , otherwise we as a species are screwed

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

lol look what ATS has done to me. I’ve been here for a year and I'm now able to find a conspiracy with space stuff.

I’m not sure if you guys have corrupted me or I’ve actually been paying attention to what everyone has said over the year

I’m actually feeling quit proud of myself.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The thing that freaks me out about this discussion,the few or many think that there was a cold war.Well,my opinion
is that at the end of world war 2.The Russians and yanks wanted Berlin 1st.we all Know who won that? or do we.Remember Highest secret Technology was taken with the SS to secret locations(Hollow Earth]The Russians and the yanks were left with the old crap.Regarding who has what and who is more advanced,well I think they all played the chess game the same.Example is show them The old stuff and use the old stuff,and get rid of it for $$$$.and dump it on Iraq and other countries.Remember the Stealth fighter was old technology when we all saw it use on TV.What I am getting at they have all been in bed with each other from the start.And we have been suckered into the illusion of the cold war.Through paranoia,came the funding to build the crap.The real stuff was being built with secret funding and this higher and more advanced technology will only be used when needed and dumped to restart the funding and economy.The whole process starts again .As for china ,I think they are way behind,do you really think Russia,America.and Japan will be sharing.Remember they have been floating in space for a very long time.The only four that have been together .My Opinion

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ausstar

well during the apollo programme and later alot of rocket technology was being shared around the world by aeronatics scientists , china were privy to this as well , I cant remember the chief scientists name ,however china were receiving the launch vehicle systems data from america and russia .

Expanding into space In my opinion is the only way to save our species and to unite us together

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by zorgon

Apparently there isn't uniform skirt length or shoe styles...

Brilliant observation. We were too busy looking at the forest, not the trees.

That could be a fatal mistake or worse yet cause one to divulge secrets. Loose lips etc........
edit on 3-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe if NASA stops spending MILLIONS to design a pen that works in space... while the practical Russian say a pencil works just fine... we MIGHT have a chance

A Classic

a little off topic but your statement reminds me of the Mig 25 aka the Foxbat the Interceptor that was Originally deigned to intercept the Valkyrie XB70 as the XB70 never made it to the production line just the prototypes but the Mig 25 NATO code name Fox bat did!

It Reminded me of when a Russian defector landed in Japan with One and the Engineers were at first baffled as to why Vacuum Tubes until they found out why ! The Mig 25 would still be flying after a EMP Detonation as the Vacuum tube are resistant

Simple and Effective The Soviets had a tight budget but costly failures for cutting corners prime example The K-19 Incident

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25
en.wikipedia.org...

The majority of the on-board avionics were based on vacuum-tube technology, not solid-state electronics. Although they represented aging technology, vacuum tubes were more tolerant of temperature extremes, thereby removing the need for providing complex environmental controls inside the avionics bays. In addition, the vacuum tubes were easy to replace in remote northern airfields where sophisticated transistor parts might not have been readily available. Thanks to the use of vacuum tubes, the MiG-25P's original Smerch-A (Tornado, NATO reporting name "Foxfire") radar had enormous power – about 600 kilowatts. As with most Soviet aircraft, the MiG-25 was designed to be as rugged as possible. The use of vacuum tubes also makes the aircraft's systems more resistant to an electromagnetic pulse, for example after a nuclear blast

the Story of that defector Lt. Viktor Ivanovich Belenko and the Foxbat
and the what was found in the examination

Mig-25 "FoxBat
Vs
The SR-71 "Blackbird"
www.wvi.com...

i would like to see what the Soviet Shuttle has the exact capability's The soviet shuttle has at least a 100 ton payload! vs American Payload that is only 23 tons am i reading that right ?

I wonder from all the Smoke and Mirrors if the Russian Shuttle's is launched once in a while kept from the public eye as Zorgon show there's plenty of them not just one ... I would not Doubt for a Minute if they did some where

Antonov An-225 Mriya by Discovery Channel

I would think this plane would of made Howard Hughes Cry! dam Commies!

Antonov AN-225 The Largest Cargo Aircraft In The World
July 18, 2010

www.flightschoollist.com...

Thank you Both Slayer 69 and Zorgon for all the Info
edit on 3-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice thread!! Reminds me of the Concord and Concordski supersonic passenger plane projects. It really is just the same.

www.youtube.com...

Have a look at the address above.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Regarding the whole pencil thing

when gagarin was in vostok and he began to take log journals , in zero G , he was writing and testing the zero g he let go of the journal log book and it floated away and bounced of a panel and came back , he then began to write but the pencil had broken of its tether so he gave up!.
He then began to record an audio log , but had actually wound the tape on too far , , he then rewound it and erased some of the previous data. Apparently the recorder was too sensitive and had began recording due to the braking enging burn test.
I love his fearless approach though , despite the breaking thrusters burning for longer than they should due to an increaased orbit , the capsule began to rotate wildly , isntead of panicking he adjusted himself in his seat by bracing himself and reagaining composuer he then signalled the ground control with the code to say everything was fine !

It's a shame what happened to Gagarin , apparently because he didnt agree with the whole politics at the time , he was kept on doing flight test after flight test until he was killed accidentally.
He should have after the first few flights been made an ambassador or admiral , for his achievements , however he was kept as a test pilot until his death.

The space race era , was truly a significant and impressive time of achievment for man in the 20th century. We put man into space and on the moon , with hardly any computing power , there is now more computing power in a standard mobile phone than in the entire apollo and russian space programme at the time combined !

That alone is shocking, and yet here we are still stuck on earth , not even on the moon or mars . It seems as though something is definetely up , if the power to put us on the moon was less than a mobile phone , why the hell arent we on the moon now or even mars its baffling

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The american version of that huge plane , the airbus , with the huge back door !
My cousin designed the hyraulic ram system that operates the back door .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It appears that by having the main engine separate from the shuttle section they saved many tons of weight! Much bigger payload and crew, and probably more efficient to operate.

I gotta had it to the Soviets for improving upon the shuttle concept.

Maybe we (U.S.) should pay them to make another one for us, seeing as how NASA has officially become a joke.

Edit: Star and Flag for Slayer
edit on 3-3-2011 by spaznational because: star and flag

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

No they are only "space debris"

Looks shooped

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

i would like to see what the Soviet Shuttle has the exact capability's The soviet shuttle has at least a 100 ton payload! vs American Payload that is only 23 tons am i reading that right ?

That seems to be a mistake, the mass of Buran shuttle is 105 tons. Mass of its payload is up to 30 tons.

www.buran-energia.com...
edit on 3/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A nice contribution, Slayer69!

Although the Buran shuttle program went to post-Soviet Hell, it's parallel aircraft project, the Antonov An-225, is doing quite good, and that's a really a badass gigantic plane that makes by dork side go "wee!"...

What a BEAST! Undoubtedly the largest air cargo in the world, could carry almost 280 tons at 2 km altitude without a fuss.. no other aircraft in history could ever do that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The pic I used could be a bit of propaganda.

What you've posted sounds more like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by zorgon

Apparently there isn't uniform skirt length or shoe styles...

Brilliant observation. We were too busy looking at the forest, not the trees.

That could be a fatal mistake or worse yet cause one to divulge secrets. Loose lips etc........

I vote for the shorter uniform skirt length!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join