It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
reply to post by IAMIAM

CHRISTIAN

a : one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ

www.merriam-webster.com...

I'm pretty sure that excludes anybody who wishes not to be called one. Why are you so hung up on this?

Why wouldn't they still be called that even if they don't want to be called that??? Like, when someone says "I'm not a racist, but those n****** deserve to die", well...he's still a racist. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...then it's probably a duck

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

He's the one using convoluted logic to say he follows Christ but isn't a Christian. I'm just clearing the matter up.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, I will agree that God's law has been written in our hearts, meaning our conscience. Outside of that, we do not or will not agree on much. I do not believe we are speaking of the same God.

One thing is for sure though, we will all find out one day and some will weep tears of joy, some will weep tears of sorrow.

link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thank you, so much for that. I love to see someone who fully understands it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

What single point did he refute, exactly? I believe I posted an entire Scriptural analysis.

No, what you did was to first denegrate those who believe the Bible as it is written as "Archey Bunker types".

Then you proceeded to weasel walk your way through the scriptures and call good bad and black white. You call it analysis. I call it bunk.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

He's the one using convoluted logic to say he follows Christ but isn't a Christian. I'm just clearing the matter up.

Hey, Mr Archilluminatus

As I said before, you're spot on correct with what you say etc.

All these Gay people (the one's that know it's wrong) will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God (go to Heaven) because God says so, He is the boss!

So there will be more room there for us normal folks, the rules are the rules, like it or lump it eh!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Luckily all those rules are in a fictional book that isn't backed up by any objective evidence...so all those "evil people" have nothing to worry about

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

Your post as well Dwigt. Like they said when he was on the cross, truly he was the son of god.
edit on 2-3-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Everyone seems to think that this is all so black and white. I feel like God mite have more pressing matters than to worry about who is sleeping with who. I'm sure if he wants to know he can just check ur Facebook. The current bible is so much different from the original that who knows how much of it has changed. One underlying theme is to treat others how you would like to be treated. So maybe a little respect as opposed to the disrespect towards other humans. Let god worry who is wrong or right. Live and let live and if there is an afterlife it'll get sorted out then

link   

Originally posted by minkey53
All these Gay people (the one's that know it's wrong) will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God (go to Heaven) because God says so, He is the boss!

Can't you see the problem here my friend? You are looking for the rules that will get you into Heaven. I have always said I am already there, and I am telling you how I got there. If you do not want to listen to someone who is in, looking out, then follow those who were still trying to understand the Master's lesson.

Mean while, those of us already in Heaven will continue to shout how we got here. Do as Christ commanded.

With Love,

Your Brother

link   
so it was said that pointing out sin is not judging but it in fact is and ignores Jesus when he said ..."

"Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye?
You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye." --new english bible

Jesus was saying stop pointing out your brothers flaws until you have your own ducks in a row. everyone quotes the judge not lest ye be judged line but ignores the illustration right after that puts it into context.

All you so called Christians that go around pointing fingers and yelling sinner are un Christ like and are fake Christians.

it makes me sick how hypocritical 99% of Christians are...
edit on 2-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: label refrence

edit on 2-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by hawaii50th
If you are a follower of Christ than that makes you a Christian, a Christian is a Christ follower that's what Christian means or Follower of Christ either way. But if you deny the word of God in certain areas or only pick the apostles that you like and disregard the ones you don't like than you can't truly be a Christian. You either accept it all or you don't.

This is the difference between most Christians and I. I follow Christ not an apostle. Christ told you where to find him. He is within you, not some book. Yes the Apostles were inspired by God. But their testimony is theirs, and it deviates ever so slightly from the Master's teaching. His teaching was to do, not to preach.

Follow an apostle all you want. I follow Christ. I am not a Christian because that name has become offensive between my friends, and Christ's teachings. So, I teach his lessons by being them and without needing the recognition of others who do not. As long as the name Christian is offensive to others, as long as others do not see the glory that IS Christ in his "followers", then I do not need to call myself one.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 (King James Version) 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

We have already addressed this scripture. You do not agree. That is fine. Share your message, and I will share mine. Those that agree with me, who hear the voice of the master within, they will know the truth I share. If other's find your words to be true, they will listen to you.

Christ never condemned anyone, and neither should you.
Christ loved everyone, and so should you.

With Love,

Your Brother

It's not about who agrees with you, it's about who agrees with the Word Of God. See this is where you fail, your trying to please man not God, so therefore no your not a follower of Christ, your a follower of man. That my friend makes you a hypocrite.
You don't understand the term Christian, you don't fully understand what Christ taught, you don't know what it is to be a Christian. Also here you go again picking and choosing, and confusing the Word of God with your own ideas and just your intellect. The Spirit is not what leads you, the spirit of man is what leads you. Your a misguided individual that misguides others into fallacy. And this is not I that judge you, it is the Word of God that judges you. All I'm doing is conveying to you what the Word of God says.
As for me I don't care who agrees with me, it is not about me, it is about what Christ taught that whats important.
I share with others the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, whether they accept it or not is not my problem. Jesus said, go out to the world and share the Good News.
edit on 2-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

This was covered already, re-read the posts. Also I have a quote in my first post about this. Moving on...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Um, do you read the Urantia Book? Because some of the language you use seems to sound like that blasphemous book. Please tell me you don't believe that 'automatic writing' book.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
post by hawaii50th

It's not about who agrees with you, it's about who agrees with the Word Of God. See this is where you fail, your trying to please man not God, so therefore no your not a follower of Christ, your a follower of man. That my friend makes you a hypocrite.
You don't understand the term Christian, you don't fully understand what Christ taught, you don't know what it is to be a Christian. Also here you go again picking and choosing, and confusing the Word of God with your own ideas and just your intellect. The Spirit is not what leads you, the spirit of man is what leads you. Your a misguided individual that misguides others into fallacy. And this is not I that judge you, it is the Word of God that judges you. All I'm doing is conveying to you what the Word of God says.
As for me I don't care who agrees with me, it is not about me, it is about what Christ taught that whats important.
I share with others the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, whether they accept it or not is not my problem. Jesus said, go out to the world and share the Good News.

now thats the proper attitude... and the proper application of the intent of Jesus words. star for you

edit on 2-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

To agree with the Word of God is to follow the Word of God, to be the Word of God. Christ was the word of God. It is his standard you are to judge yourself against. If you have not surpassed his righteousness, then do not judge others. He didn't judge, neither should you.

If you believe you or anyone else is in a more righteous position to judge another, to hate them, to treat them any way that you would not wish to be treated, then it is YOU who are the hypocrite. If you contest me, you contest the Word of God, because that is who I am measuring my judgement by.

You and I have a completely different concept of the Word of God. To you it is a judgemental tyrant. It is wrathful, and vindictive. To me, it is the loving, forgiving, divine benevolence of all. It is not to be feared, but loved and admired. It is found in everything, and I am unworthy of judging it.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 2-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer: The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

Question: "What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?"

Answer: This is an issue that has confused many people. On one hand, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). On the other hand, the Bible also exhorts us to beware of evildoers and false prophets and to avoid those who practice all kinds of evil. How are we to discern who these people are if we do not make some kind of judgment about them?

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope—and with the ultimate goal—of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20) and restoration to the fellowship. We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction." We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences—the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt
reply to post by Akragon

Well, I will agree that God's law has been written in our hearts, meaning our conscience. Outside of that, we do not or will not agree on much. I do not believe we are speaking of the same God.

One thing is for sure though, we will all find out one day and some will weep tears of joy, some will weep tears of sorrow.

The Law.

The idea that there are unwritten laws of nature, written into our hearts and minds, is very much a humanist perspective. If children were abandoned on a hypothetical island, and had never heard of human laws or religious laws, they would still follow some natural instinct; they would probably play together and eat together and form into a tribe; they would develop group think; they would probably hunt and fish and pick the fruits of nature; they would reproduce and they would probably love their children; and the mothers would probably give their children laws such as "stay away from the edge of the cliff" and "share your food with others" and "do not be violent with others," and "love others" and so forth; for such is human nature.

Quote mining for bigotry

But when we consider the Biblical laws which the devotees of the Biblical deity adhere to, this is generally a "cherry picking" of primitive laws which adhere to the fanatics' own personal beliefs and prejudices; these include laws regarding exeuction of persons who do not observe the the Sabbath (Saturday), which the Christians mostly reject, as that might affect them personally, and there may be some Saturday where they wish to work or drive their car, or wash their dishes; and then there is the law demanding the execution of women who are not found to be virgins when they are sold into a lifetime of slavery, which most Christians also reject, but when it comes to the law on executing men for homoerotic realtionships (this only applies to males; female homoeroticism is not forbidden in the Bible), then of course the Christian women can happily feel that they can accept such a law since it will never apply to them, and since many Christian males feel that it does not apply to them either, they decide to keep that law and spend a great deal of time promoting it, especially on Saturdays.

Thus they can then feel superior to others, because at least they kept one of the most bigoted and barbaric laws, and they often cannot wait to get to heaven where they can eternally boast and praise each other about how they at least kept "some" silly laws.

If there are laws written into our hearts telling us to carry out executions for those who work on the Sabbath, for male homoeroticism, for the devotees of competing tribal dieties and demanding human and animal blood sacrifice (ad to this the remainder of the 613 Biblical laws), they are certainly not apparent to most of us, and seem to be only apparent in part to the religiously insane.

Lux

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Um, do you read the Urantia Book? Because some of the language you use seems to sound like that blasphemous book. Please tell me you don't believe that 'automatic writing' book.

I have already made clear many many times that my knowledge comes from Christ. He is found within you. A book is only a guide. There are many guides to choose from in the bible. All of them have a version of the truth. If you believe Christ had the truth, then you follow his words over all others. He gave his commandments. He said if you keep his commandments you will be counted among his flock. DO NOT argue with Christ.

He is the WORD. Do as he did.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Check the comment. He said RELIGION caused the conflict. Last time I checked, Islam was a religion, so whichever side started it, the dude was right in saying that "a" religion was the cause. Also, if the muslims "started" the crusades, then why didn't the christians just turn the other cheek and avoid the whole bloody mess?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join