It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick footballer kicks injured owl off pitch (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I do not Retract or apologize for anything I have said !

Maybe not directly, but it's obvious that you have backed down, retracted, and tacitly withdrawn the original intent that was contained in your overexcited comment that I pulled you up on.

If I want to have a RANT about something then I WILL have a rant......OK.....?!

I never suggested that you shouldn't be able to rant on here.

Does somebody calling you out and correcting you normally put you into this ''siege mentality'' ?

Your continued pursuit of trying to highlight me as a Xenophobe or hater of anyone else is laughable

Don't take it to heart.

Your comments were xenophobic, as you clearly made derogatory comments that were specific to Colombia and Colombians.

How is it a ''continued pursuit'' ?

I replied to your initial comment, you replied to reply, then I replied to your reply to my reply... This is how it normally works until there is nothing more to add to the discussion.

Regarding my RANT, I do not wish to start a war with Columbia or any other countries with 'Inbred' populations (though there are many to choose from :-)) , It could have been the Dubious populations in Brazil or the Stupid Americans or the potato eating Oirish or the Drunk Brits or garlic eating homo French or the cowardly Itlatians.....................or whatever !!!!!! Do you really think that because I wrote those descriptions that I REALLY MEAN that....? That I really BELIEVE that those people in those countries REALLY behave as per my descriptions above ???????

Do you mean ''interbreeding'' as in mixing races or as in breeding within a closely-knit community ?

You see, I took it as the first definition, as the majority of Colombians are a mixture between two or more of the three predominant races within the country.

I'm now not sure which way you meant it.

As for whether I thought you were being serious with any other generalisations ? Well, I wouldn't know, as it would be hard to tell based on just reading text.

Also, your ''rant'' came across as heated and emotional, so why would you just slip in a comment based on ''light-hearted'' stereotypes in the middle of it ? That doesn't make sense.

Of course NOT!!!!! If I can't say what I want then haven't we lost the right to free speech ??

It's you who has got this idea that I somehow wish to restrict your right to say something on here.

Nowhere have I remotely suggested that.

You and Nobody else will tell me what I can and cannot say ...... I know what is right and wrong and I am fully aware of 'crossing the line'' but that is my choice and if you don't like it then don't read it .....

LOL.

This is an internet discussion forum. People post what they want ( providing it remains within the terms and conditions ), and subsequent discussions based on these comments may ensue.

Your problem seems to be entirely based on me pulling you up on your comments. Do you expect everything you say to be treated with impunity ? Do you expect nobody, on an internet message board, to disagree with what you post ?

If you can't accept or handle criticism of your comments, then perhaps you should try another medium for putting your views across, other than an internet message board.

''If you don't like it then don't read it''.

How do I know whether I like or dislike the comments in a post until after I've read it ?!

Sherlock.....

Whatever...........it's obviously very important to you that YOU must be seen to be RIGHT... good luck in life and I wish you all the best in your pursuit of perfection....

Regards

PDUK
edit on 3-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Before anyone goes kicking the life out of such a poor creature I recommend that they watch the movie THE FOURTH KIND. In that movie you will see dramatisation of real events that took place in the year 2000. The town of NOME in Alaska was and may still be haunted by the ghost of a mysterious Owl and her UFO friends.

these events never took place.

the creators of the movie also created a load of info and sites on the net to dupe more people into believing this was a real event. all the material on the internet was creative marketing.

if you see any movie now with the tagline ; 'based on real events' its gonna be BS

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That piece of # need his ass kicked big time.And I hope some one dose.If I could get a hold of him, man he sucks.
:fla me:
bad laguage sorry I love all animals

edit on 3-3-2011 by rugger because: bad laguage sorry I love all animals

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by Misterlondon

sad to see an adult behave like this. maybe it will do more good overall and teach many children how not to treat animals. it may help other people consider how they treat animals.

i h
edit on 2-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

I do not think it is sad to see an adult act this way. It is a general disregard for life, and many people act like this. Adults, children, teens, elderly. Sad is not the word I would use to describe it, disgusting is.

I think more people get upset by seeing these types of actions to animals because for the most part (depending on the type of animal) they are considered defenseless, but where is the outrage for the million dead Iraqis? The hundreds of thousands dead in Darfur? The mistreatment of the Palestinians? Each of these are clear examples of our disregard for life, so where is the outrage?

This video to me as an example of our priorities as a species. What was more important to that man? The injured bird, or his game? What does that say about us as a species?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is disgusting but I see a lot of angry responses and all i can think of is if you eat meat, you should have no anger about this. Afterall, everytime you put a fork with meat in your mouth you are a third party to a murder.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So let me get this straight: Millions of people are starving around the globe thanks to the greedy global elitists, countless others are dying of cancer despite there being a cure, even more are...no, you know what? You already know where I'm going with this, and I'm sick and tired of doing it every time I see an animal cruelty thread.

All the harsh insults this man is getting in this thread are well deserved. I just wish the same level of criticism could be seen in more wide spread matters affecting us all. If it was, maybe America, and even the world, would be vastly different by now...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
People have compassion for other human beings and they have outrage for things done against them. Here, we are expressing concern and compassion for an animal that has no voice, a beautiful injured bird that was further injured by this cruel man.
There is no excuse for this man to have done what he did.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Some people here on ATS say: WTF, its just an stupid owl....Personally, I cannot believe people say such a thing. People who molest animals are beating their wifes at home, commit crimes and just dont give a rats ass about society. It says something about who you are deep inside, and its very very ugly.

Just an owl. You know, about one hour ago, letting the dog out I heard a few owls and I spotted one sitting on a flagpole. It was breathtaking. His feathers where dancing in the wind and although it was dark I had a good look at him before it flew away. It made my day, spotting this magnificent creature.
I have this feeling while playing with a dog, seeing a wild flower, the stars at night or a simple tree. I see the universe in it, its intense beautifulness: the magic of the ocean or a laughing baby. It can overwhelm me in a fantastic way, on moments like that I feel very close to God.

Tonight it was a owl.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I trust you will be just as vitriolic about your own country, referring to it as a piss-pot, when someone commits an act of animal cruelty there.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MannequinCircus

This is disgusting but I see a lot of angry responses and all i can think of is if you eat meat, you should have no anger about this. Afterall, everytime you put a fork with meat in your mouth you are a third party to a murder.

There's a pretty big difference between humanely killing for food and unnecessary, compassionless cruelty leading to suffering. As as been stated over and over, one indicates a problem with the brain and the inability to feel compassion for other humans also. These people tend to use violence against other people a lot more easily and severely. The part of the brain that is not functioning properly is the same as it is in most serial killers.

Also, every time you put a fork with a vegetable in your mouth you are third party to a murder. Human beings must consume other life to survive, there's no avoiding it. Do plants have less of a right to not be consumed because they don't have a central nervous system?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

InvisibleAlbatross

Without hesitation..................:-)

Just FYI....... my issue is not with Individual countries, it is with the attitude with which the human species behaves towards other 'living things' on this planet......

Don't rely on the posts between Sherlock Holmes and I, He/ she ? has an issue they cannot let go of and they are missing the REAL point of this thread......

Mr Wendal posted this final comment above............

This video to me as an example of our priorities as a species. What was more important to that man? The injured bird, or his game? What does that say about us as a species?

That says it all really.......doesn't it ??

regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
Also, every time you put a fork with a vegetable in your mouth you are third party to a murder. Human beings must consume other life to survive, there's no avoiding it. Do plants have less of a right to not be consumed because they don't have a central nervous system?

We have to eat living things to survive, as you say, which is why it is preferable to eat plants, because they lack a central nervous system and brain, and, to our knowledge, do not feel pain and are not consciously aware.

The overwhelming evidence suggests that cows, sheep, pigs, chicken etc. feel pain, so why would someone who claims to care about animal welfare choose to eat these rather than eating plants ?

The line of argument comparing eating plants and animals is illogical, as it is based something along these lines:

''Animals are a form of life; so are plants; it's acceptable to eat plants, therefore it's acceptable to eat animals.''

Taken to its logical conclusion, then it can be argued that it is acceptable to eat other humans.

This argument that meat-eaters use to justify eating animals is also intellectually dishonest:

Are you as upset about the grass that he may have killed when he kicked the owl ?

Do you get as upset at somebody mowing their lawn, weeding, or pulling petals off a flower as you do about someone killing or torturing an animal ? If not, then why not ? After all, they are all living things that are being tortured or killed.

If you don't consider the act of needlessly uprooting and killing plants anywhere the same level as someone doing the same to animals, then why don't you feel the same way about necessarily killing plants rather than animals ?

edit on 3-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm glad you've seen sense, old boy.

I hope you don't object so vehemently to someone disagreeing with you in future.

This is a forum for open discussion, after all.

You have the right to post what you want, and somebody else has the right to disagree with it, and as long as we all remain within the T&Cs, then everything should be hunky-dory.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I'm glad you've seen sense, old boy.

I hope you don't object so vehemently to someone disagreeing with you in future.

This is a forum for open discussion, after all.

You have the right to post what you want, and somebody else has the right to disagree with it, and as long as we all remain within the T&Cs, then everything should be hunky-dory.

Oh Sherlock, when will you understand ......

Firstly, I stand by what I said originally in my first post.........At the time I wrote it I felt COMPELLED to say those things....
Secondly, I do not mind people disagreeing with me........ it's actually what I expect or even hope for sometimes...... if i can evoke a response then Great !
Thirdly , this is an open forum and as such that is why I say some 'controversial' things sometimes because sanitized and sterilized conversations are oh so boring...!!
If i over step the T&C's then oops, sorry I'll take my punishment and move on....so far NO INCURSIONS yet..

Finally, do you like to play Devils Advocate or are you really that dedicated to achieving perfection and recognition??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

This argument is absolutely wrong. Grass is a plant, no nervous system, no brain, no feelings (or if you want to go down the spirituality road, plants have no pain in this dimension). Eating meat is not necessary for our survival at all, actually, if whole humanity was vegetarian we would see this:
a) more healthy people, longer lifespan
b) less brutality, if you are emotional enough to not eat an animal in order to stop cruelty and allow it to live its own life path you will be more inclined to be compasionate towards other human beings
c) overall, evolution of mankind into a peaceful breed of mammals

Its the rich countries that consume most meat. I find it disgusting. Humanity needs to change and rearrange its mentality. Any life form should be allowed to live freely. Perhaps one day we will evolve into a compasionate breed. Well, I stopped consuming meat after my Kundalini experience during meditation. Since then, I became heartbroken about our egotistical way of life. We do not need meat, we are not animals, we have a choice to make. Yet, you can tell by this idiot footballer what choice we are making. Animals are a commodity, a toy, a McDonalds happy meal. Change now. Stop this nonesense.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
couldn't watch the video, and have barely read the thread, but i sincerely hope that this man has learned, or will learn, something from his action. or actions.
as can be said for any harm done, by anyone, upon anyone.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If your problem is not with individual countries, then why did you refer to Columbia as a piss-pot, and Columbians as drug addicted inbreds?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You felt COMPELLED to make a stupid, bigoted comment about a country and 45 million people, because of what one man did?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

IA

This thread IS NOT ABOUT my comments......!!! IT IS about the cruel actions of an individual whom has little or no respect for other living creatures.........

If you OR ANYONE else wants to WHINE and WINGE over my comments then send me messages and STOP diluting the POINT of this thread.......

Get over yourselves people..... Sticks and Stones, Sticks and Stones ..... FFS

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Man is the cruelest animal. -Friedrich Nietzsche

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join