It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

125-150 Bald Eagles Gather In Iowa! ~ What Does This Mean?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What do the eagles know that we don't?

Do predatory birds gather together in anticipation of death (food)?

What is significant about Glenwood, Iowa?

Are they making sure they remain far inland for some reason?

Short Video Clip From MSNBC

And they answered and said unto Him, Where, Lord? And He said unto them, Wheresoever the body [is], thither will the eagles be gathered together.

~Luke 17:37

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
What do the eagles know that we don't?

Do predatory birds gather together in anticipation of death (food)?

What is significant about Glenwood, Iowa?

Are they making sure they remain far inland for some reason?

Short Video Clip From MSNBC

And they answered and said unto Him, Where, Lord? And He said unto them, Wheresoever the body [is], thither will the eagles be gathered together.

~Luke 17:37

Thoughts?

I think they are trying to find a way to cure the baldness
just a guess

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wasn't there a thread about many of them dying? Maybe they are trying to increase their numbers in a safe and quiet place.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

There's plenty of threads about animals dying in flocks recently...but I'm not aware of eagles gathering together just to hang out.

That seems like a bunch of bald eagles in one place, yes?

edit on 1-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ya there was but ATS in there wisdom, closed the thread,, that started with the headline and i quote from memory "Eagle's drop from sky" unquote
cant remeber the rest ohh well.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I read the other day that there was concern about eagles starving in the US. I don't know if these are in the same location.
Could it be that they are joining forces, much like other creatures have been seen to be doing recently (at the moment I can only recall an example of spiders doing this, but there are more), in order to benefit better from their dwindling food supply?

Certainly very odd behaviour, whatever the cause.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Signals, you DO bring up some very interesting threads !!

In all of my life, I have only seen a bald headed eagle once. In Nova Scotia. What a sight! Now to see a bunch of them together...that many...could be normal...maybe. But as they said in the video, not in that specific area. So I don't know...

My paranoid brain is starting to think that something is definitely wrong with the ecosystem. Wildlife behavior, more and more, is hitting the mainstream media. The cause? Beats me.

Good find ! S&F.

link   
here's the thing that bothers me about this.....

Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee is known as a wintering spot for Bald Eagles. This year we are seeing an increase in quake activity along the new madrid fault. Are there so many Balds in Iowa because they sense the area around Reelfoot is unstable?

www.reelfoot.com...

link   
reply to post by Signals

Very cool. It is a bit odd isnt it? Your scripture certainly adds a bit of twilight zone music to it as well. I guess the good news is it probably wont be the zone of a earthquake anytime soon. I do think something brought them there though... question is ,What? A magnetic change? Something they just do every 100 hundred years or so? That list could go on and on.

I guess I would really hate to think its a omen of man. Seems so egotistical that it could be something like that....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Eagles often do that. It's a yearly thing. There should be way more though, if this is a new spot. Their numbers must be way down.

www.tourismsquamish.com...

The Squamish area has the greatest concentration of wintering bald eagles in the world. Between late November and March, literally thousands of eagles call the Brackendale area of Squamish home - making eagle viewing and eagle tours an incredbile attraction.

Thousands flock together.

www.hancockwildlife.org...

Every winter, hundreds of bald eagles descend on the Sea-to-Sky community of Brackendale, north of Squamish. But in recent years, their numbers have been dropping. On Sunday, dozens of volunteers headed out for their annual count to see if the eagles are making a comeback. By day's end, counters spotted 956 eagles -- more than last year's total of 755 but still far below past highs. At the start of the decade, about 2,500 hundred eagles were counted. The all-time record was more than 3,700 eagles in 1994.

They must have decided on a new gathering place.
edit on 1-3-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

since the landmark case of Eagle vs. Vulture was won last week, news has traveled fast. the once exclusive club "Buzzards Roost" having a sign stating "no eagles allowed" now having to take down the sign and allow eagles into the club, I think it's obvious what's going on. A show of solidarity with all eagles in the area congregating at the club. They should be gone by the end of happy hour.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
about a month back saw a flock of atleast 15 of them circling overhead. for one I thought it was interesting to eagles together like that. for two, I live in vegas so that made it double weird. then last week there was a rather large one in the area for at least an hour. he was frantically chasing pigeons and doing death-dives to no avail. at one pass he was close enough and perfectly horizontal to the point I could clearly see the poor thing was emaciated. I am wondering if these aren't "re-released" into the wild and are struggling to cut the mustard.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

quote "Eagles often do that" unquote What???? drop dead out of the Sky??? ok,,,

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by epicfail
reply to post by Signals

since the landmark case of Eagle vs. Vulture was won last week, news has traveled fast. the once exclusive club "Buzzards Roost" having a sign stating "no eagles allowed" now having to take down the sign and allow eagles into the club, I think it's obvious what's going on. A show of solidarity with all eagles in the area congregating at the club. They should be gone by the end of happy hour.

It appears your post matches your name.

Is that like shooting your age in golf?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

I didn't read anything about them dropping out of the sky

They always gather together in extremely large flocks.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
March is the end of the Bald Eagle Mating season, so my guess is they decided Iowa was a good place for a mating convention. www.baldeagleinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by BobAthome

I didn't read anything about them dropping out of the sky

They always gather together in extremely large flocks.

Unfortunately, it's true.

Link:

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Strange occurrences. Happening in China also. Not good.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I guess that would be why there are only 150 or so. Their numbers are way down.

I used to live in North Vancouver, and there was always lots of eagles around the waterfront, and anytime you looked into the sky, you would see a bunch circling around. Beautiful birds.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OP - A similar thing happened with double rainbows. There is a video about it on the internets... I'm not sure what it all means either. Wild times we are living in huh?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

What are these Double Rainbow guy you speak of?!?

Yes, continue....

Sorry, back on topic...

Thanks for the comments. I had never heard of this many bald eagles together until now. I still think the animals know something we don't.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join