It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

125-150 Bald Eagles Gather In Iowa! ~ What Does This Mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its a double rainbow all the way! WOOHOOOO, OMG, OMG, MUAHAHAHA, OOOMGGGG, WOOOOHOO, what does it mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Interesting, thanks.
First off, to see that many around one area would be a magical site.
I think it could be one of many natural occurances.
Either #1, Breeding.
#2, They fled a storm front, or another natural events.( as mentioned by others above)
#3, They moved as their old habitat was getting to cold.(Climate changing)
#4, Following a food source.
#5, Old habitat was destroyed by either fire or logging.
Thats all i got.

Ps They could be ganging up and about to attack humans for hunting them down in the past.
( Hitchcocks " Birds" comes to mind)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think that many birds at once is all that unusual any more. Remember that they were endangered. It's even a crime to disturb their nests. Around here they will gather on the river banks in numbers like that and feed on salmon. It's quite an awesome sight. I'm glad it isn't uncommon any more.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were sunbathing on the deck. We had four lilac point siamese at the time (very white coloring). Two pair of bald eagles began circling our lot. My wife said, "How pretty!" We looked at them for a couple of minutes and I said, "The cats!" She jumped up, ran into the yard yelling, "Kitty, kitty, kitty!!!" at the top of her lungs. The cats knew something was up and bounded into the house. She was completely nude at the time. I still haven't stopped laughing.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As the National Symbol for the USA, perhaps they are telling us it is time to gather together and restore the ideals of the USA. Truth, Justice, Freedom, for all.

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Long live the revolution against the wealthy elite overlords.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I just wanted to add to the conversation that I live in Iowa and this is not all that uncommon.

It is normal to see large amounts eagles and Hawks gather from time to time, even in the "metro" area of Des Moines. That being said, I have lived here most my life and have never seen that many in one place.

Fault lines....rainbows....I don't know, but let's not look too hard at this....until the New Madrid goes

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
A couple of years ago my wife and I were sunbathing on the deck. We had four lilac point siamese at the time (very white coloring). Two pair of bald eagles began circling our lot. My wife said, "How pretty!" We looked at them for a couple of minutes and I said, "The cats!" She jumped up, ran into the yard yelling, "Kitty, kitty, kitty!!!" at the top of her lungs. The cats knew something was up and bounded into the house. She was completely nude at the time. I still haven't stopped laughing.

That would be funny. I've gone running around waist deep in the snow trying to rescue my Shihtzu in my pajamas when he got out of the fenced area before. Our pets are like our babies.

We'll all be having to watch our small animals very carefully, if we see them flying around, there's that article a page back about the eagles starving. They're well known to pick up cats and dogs, and they can easily carry 10 or 15 pounds. I read an article in the news a while back about an owl that accidently dropped a pomeranian in front of someone's car while they were stopped.

I think Eagles are even stronger than owls, so this is a concern, if they're going hungry.
www.paranormalmagazine.co.uk...
edit on 1-3-2011 by snowspirit because: found the story

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Those are magnificent animals, my heart breaks when I think what they must be dealing with. Eating garbage and traveling to parts unknown in search of food or safety.
There is ABSOLUTELY something seriously wrong here. The animals are an omen.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I just wanted to add to the conversation that I live in Iowa and this is not all that uncommon.

It is normal to see large amounts eagles and Hawks gather from time to time, even in the "metro" area of Des Moines. That being said, I have lived here most my life and have never seen that many in one place.

Fault lines....rainbows....I don't know, but let's not look too hard at this....until the New Madrid goes

I'm a little confused.
You stated "this is not all that uncommon" followed by "never seen that many in one place". It's no wonder these events fall off the radar when these kinds of statements are made. This issue has no place for grey areas, either it unusual or it is not, the correct answer determines the response.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I used to go ice fishing on a large northern Minnesota lake. There were fish-house towns setup just like the movie Grumpy Old Men. We fished for whitefish but would catch an eel pout every now and then, which we'd toss outside the little town as far as possible...nasty things and illegal to throw back. Not very good eating either unless with lots of beer (drink before you eat kinda thing).
Anyways, during the day, the bald and golden eagles would come in and feast upon the eel pout. A truly amazing and scary site to watch these enormous beautiful birds fatten up on some free lunch. They didn't shy away much from the occasional truck coming/going or from the snowmobiles, or even the noise from the gas-powered ice-augers. I guess they knew they were baddazz.
We'd occasionally see how close we could get to them; a daring sport. I never went too close because the steely-fierce glare from those eyes and seeing the long sharp talons always got the better of me.

FYI, it was Leech Lake in Walker, MN.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OP- It means nothing. We have plenty hear in Illinois. The Starved Rock area has Bald eagles and so does the quad city area Iowa-Ill boder. They generally like someplace where the water doesn't freeze.Next ime b4 u post, do some basic research first. Why was this thread even necessary? This isn't GLP!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
cool
i live in cleveland
an i see the buzzards gather every year
it a big local event around here
pretty cool thing to see
edit on 2-3-2011 by Dyax- because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It means someone spread a hell of a lot of fish fertilizer.
That's what.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
My best guess would spring migration, though most well known routes follow the Rockies/Cascades and the Appalachian/Allegheny mountain ranges

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i went to a source of info...instead of a news report:

www.baldeagleinfo.com...

The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus), our national bird, is the only eagle unique to North America. The bald eagle's scientific name signifies a sea (halo) eagle (aeetos) with a white (leukos) head. At one time, the word "bald" meant "white," not hairless. Bald eagles are found throughout most of North America, from Alaska and Canada to northern Mexico. About half of the world's 70,000 bald eagles live in Alaska. Combined with British Columbia's population of about 20,000, the northwest coast of North America is by far their greatest stronghold for bald eagles. They flourish here in part because of the salmon. Dead or dying fish are an important food source for all bald eagles.

i also read that Louisiana and Florida had large concentrations...other than the Pacific NW.

whats all the fuss ?
150 bald or related Eagles is worth the mobilization of an army of unpracticed correpondents ?

sure Iowa is above the New Madrid.. Sure Iowa is East of Yellowstone...sure magnetic north is wandering fastly

But 150 birds out of an estimated +70,000...who have evidently found a niche area to dwell in...
perhaps this sould be reported to the 'Colbert Report' --- he likes Eagles & eagle symbology on the show

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Birds of a feather, flock together.

SOMEONE had to say it

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'll go with the migration. Here in Pa., bird enthusiest gather at Hawk mountain to view them. I just don't know if they stay gathered together in flocks that size. Seems abit large?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Quoting from scripture,could this be the reason,Just saying !

new world version
Just as the gathering of vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near.

King james version.

For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Ohh well ,dead fish on mass ,loads of eagles,sign of the times !
edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
personally i think....when animals start acting wierd, and birds start falling from the sky and fish, dolphins, sharks, jellyfish, crabs, cows, bulls, bees all start just dying off then something is definately not right....

scary yet exiting times we are living in....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Can I just point out the earth is being bombarded by extreme,flares from sun today and over the next 48 hourswww2.nict.go.jp...and may configure into the birds behaviour.What really stricking is the magnetosphere is holding up quite well,and the peak of proton impactation has decreased after a extreme risewww.swpc.noaa.gov...,what really concerns me is how all this middle east stuff is coinciding with the solar activity,is someone taking advantage of the possibility of electronic satelite malfunctions !Also ,ironically the solar speed is wavering around 666km/s,weird ?

edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is a common occurance as Spring approaches. We have Eagle Days every year in the Ozarks as lots of Eagles come into view as the prepare for the Spring mating. Although that is usually late February early March.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join