It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

125-150 Bald Eagles Gather In Iowa! ~ What Does This Mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I lived in Iowa most of my life. That latitude band always has huge amounts of bald eagles. It's a big attraction for a lot of people, especially near the Missouri, Des Moines, and Mississippi Rivers.

I don't think it's anything.

For reals.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

After reading my post, it is obvious that I was not clear and need to reword what I said.

Seeing large gatherings of Eagles and Hawks is not uncommon around here, but I have never seen that many together before, personnaly.

I hope that clears it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Bald eagles in Iowa? Well Florida is full of them so maybe it got overcrowded. I'd hate to think they are aliens in disguise but, you know, that has happened before. I won't go into the story because my post would be waaaaaay long.

Seriously raptors gather just before mating season. Every year. But before in earth's history they also gathered just before the world ended. But afterwards they always came back. So, even if we all go up in smoke (Cheech and Chong) we will be able to try again.
edit on 2-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is odd.
More than likely due to volcanic activity in Yellowstone and earthquake activity in the south mid-west.
So something big is about to happen!

Plus, a personal.
Some time, nearly a year ago, I was at a grocery store waiting in line and i had to go get a bag of salad and i saw an elderly woman who seemed crazy at a distance. She was mumbling to herself but i couldnt quite understand her, so i kept walking and as i crossed her path she directed her voice towards me and i looked at her and she was staring right at me and she said "when the eagles fly!".

Ive wondered everyday what she couldve meant by that, but now i think its clear.
God had sent me a warning thru somekind of oracle or something, and today the eagles fly!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I assure you this is on topic:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I live just west of there about an hour away, travel through that area nearly every weekend. There are always a number of eagles, in fact one of the sights to see along highway 2 at the NE, IA border are the huge nests in the trees.
I have never seen this high of a number of eagles there but I dont really think it's anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here we go again.............
Two points that need clarification since we just keep playing this tune over and over.
1. An occurance is normal or common when it happens more than once in the same location. Thousands of people gathered on the beach in Miami is a normal occurance, those same people gathered around a mud puddle in Ohio would be unusual.
2. The videos and print stories related to this event feature long time local residents saying they have never witnessed this event before in that area, therefore it is not common, it is unusual.
What's it gonna take to wake people up? Is it denial or sheer stupidity that prevents them from connecting the dots? Just last week a Moderator on this forum posted a story about dead birds littering the highway in Scottsboro Alabama because he found it unusual. Another member went to the scene and posted photos of the dead birds, one photo clearly showed blood trails coming from both ends of the bird, also unusual. The biggest mystery for me were the hundreds of people who drove by and over these dead birds on their way to work without taking notice, how is that even possible?
Let's review.................
January 2011- 1000 blackbirds fall from the sky in Arkansas on a single night in a single area, highly unusual, never happened before. Cause of death still unknown.
January 2011- Hundreds of thousands of drum fish are found dead in Arkansas, highly unusual, cause of death still unknown.
January 2011- 500 blackbirds litter a highway in Louisiana, highly unusual, cause of death unknown.
January 2011- Thousands of dead fish in Florida, residents said it was unusual, "worst I've ever seen". Cause of death still unknown.
January 2011- 2,000,000 fish found dead in Maryland, cause of death unknown.
I will stop here because I type about three words a minute, as time goes on the list grows daily but the news coverage stops, no time for dead birds, Lady Ga Ga is inside an egg.
If you buy the official story and think this is normal you're an idiot, sorry to be so blunt but it needs to be said.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Did I miss the part where these Eagles died? None dead as far as I know.

I think you are attempting to nit-pick words to show this as some sort of sign of future catastrophe. It is not all that uncommon to see these birds converge on one area at a time. This time it is in Glenwood, next time it may be Souix Falls...who knows.

A couple years ago we had thousands of crows that would flock to downtown Des Moines in the mornings. The next year large flocks were seen in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Is that a sign of impending doom because it wasn't all that common?

I think we are trying too hard here.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is the first time in 50 years that the number of bald eagles has risen enough so they can have a party. We nearly wipped them out with DDT and shotguns.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The truth is fish numbers are way down... BP should be frozen, all assets liquidated, said monies put towards a real cleanup and wildlife fund... I fear massive extinctions from inability to spawn for many fish species... Perhaps a chance at total collapse of the food chain... Whats worse is I feel its all being orchestrated to do this... Funny how so many odd things happen during Wars... Will we stand by, to simply watch as our future is taken away? Its happening day by day, piece by piece... The future is unstable at best...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Did I miss the part where these Eagles died? None dead as far as I know.

I think you are attempting to nit-pick words to show this as some sort of sign of future catastrophe. It is not all that uncommon to see these birds converge on one area at a time. This time it is in Glenwood, next time it may be Souix Falls...who knows.

A couple years ago we had thousands of crows that would flock to downtown Des Moines in the mornings. The next year large flocks were seen in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Is that a sign of impending doom because it wasn't all that common?

I think we are trying too hard here.

I did not indicate the event was unusual because the birds were dead, I simply said it was unusual to find them in that place and in that number. If you are looking for dead bald eagles you will see a thread discussing the recent death of aprox. 7000 of them last week on this web site.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wonder who will be born near there... good find!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Perhaps I am not getting the point here. The beggining of your post talkes about common or uncommon.... followed by this quote:

What's it gonna take to wake people up? Is it denial or sheer stupidity that prevents them from connecting the dots?

After that you talk about the death of all these animals. Was I wrong to assume you are "connecting the dots" between the event in the OP and other cases of animal death?

No problem, its clear that I am missing something or my lack of intelligence is prohibiting my ability to comprehend. That's ok, but I will not play into the doom and gloom over this yet. Could this be a sign of things to come? Sure, might be. But I am not going to play the prediction/fear game.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Perhaps I am not getting the point here. The beggining of your post talkes about common or uncommon.... followed by this quote:

What's it gonna take to wake people up? Is it denial or sheer stupidity that prevents them from connecting the dots?

After that you talk about the death of all these animals. Was I wrong to assume you are "connecting the dots" between the event in the OP and other cases of animal death?

No problem, its clear that I am missing something or my lack of intelligence is prohibiting my ability to comprehend. That's ok, but I will not play into the doom and gloom over this yet. Could this be a sign of things to come? Sure, might be. But I am not going to play the prediction/fear game.

I appreciate the fact that you read my post and took the time to seek clarification, I was also very impressed when you took the time to explain your earlier post on this same thread, someone with a "lack of intelligence" would not make that effort.
I believe the recent mass deaths are uncommon, the explainations from the government, media and assorted "experts" are incredibly unrealistic, either they don't know, or they aren't saying.
Now we have numerous stories of animals in large numbers gathering where they usually don't gather, migration patterns that have changed and other assorted oddities, it isn't just the eagles. Bottom line, there are a LOT of weird things happening, I don't know if they're related or not but it certainly indicates something is wrong here.
You obviously share some of those concerns or the title of this thread would not have attracted you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join