It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they want us to go to Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A tragic loss of the coast of Antarctica. The Berserk II presumably sank a week ago and the 3 crew-members on board have very likely lost their life. I know the Berserk 1 from a documentary/film called "Berserk in der Antarktis" about Jarle Andhøy who sailed on his 19th from Norway to South America in a very small boat. Once there he decides to go to Antarctica and 2 other men get notice of this and want to come along. They make it and it is just awesome to see them with that small boat between the ice, whales and penguins.
Video

After some other trips, he set sail again for Antarctica and the goal was to undertake a trip to the South Pole on four-wheel-drive quad bikes to mark the centenary of Norwegian Roald Amundsen's expedition. After being dropped of the Berserk got somehow in trouble during a storm, gave an emergency signal which lasted a few hours and after that nothing was heard from them. Several ships searched the area, but all they found was a abandoned liferaft.

But here it comes, this is how the Norwegian government responds:

The Norwegian skipper of a yacht presumed sunk in the Antarctica with the loss of three crew members is expected to face some tough questions when he returns home. Jarle Andhoey, 34, took his 14-metre steel yacht Berserk on an adventure trip to Antarctica without a permit or permission from the Norwegian government.
Lou Sanson, chief executive at Antarctica New Zealand, which manages Scott Base, said the trip at this time of year was unusual, and Mr Andhoey broke all the safety protocols.

He said the trip to the South Pole was not a wise decision.

www.smh.com.au...

So, all the blame goes to them, and Jarle faces consequences for going to Antarctica.
Why is it forbidden to go to antarctica on your own? What is there to hide? I have heard about this before when a group of Dutch mountaineers wanted to climb the highest mountain on Antarctica. They only were allowed to go accompanied by an American official.

What are they hiding from us?
Here is a clue.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There is a lot if BUZZ surrounding the South Pole
antartica hollow earth entrances Coordinates:
66°36'14.70"S, 99°43'11.11"E

66°33'13.75"S, 99°50'24.84"E
enjoy

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

i dont know what theyre hiding,what do u think they are hiding if i may ask regenstorm?
not in the mood to read the whole tread u posted,even do it seems to be a good one so wat do u think they are hiding?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

also, i heard something about a USA vs UFO war going on around there...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe because it's dangerous at this time of year, and to send out rescue missions puts other lives at risk.
Maybe he was just being irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I guess it's because the government cares about us and doesn't want us to freeze to death, what a loving government, eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Or it could be they don't want us to find out what this piece of wood is.

Mysterious Block of Wood Discovered on Iceberg at Magnetic South Pole

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Ask OBAMA ask BUSH ask all those reptilians that rule the world why we can't go to the SOUTH POLE!
Oh , and that piece of wood/"monolith" ...
DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT !

IT'S PART OF THE "PLAN" ...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
Maybe because it's dangerous at this time of year, and to send out rescue missions puts other lives at risk.
Maybe he was just being irresponsible.

If he wants to risk his life, it's his own choice. No government is responsible for his safety. It's not like he forced the other 2 people to go with him.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Because it's ridiculously cold.

In all seriousness though, we are there. We have a few science bases there for research and the like.

Got this by searching Antarctic science base

The station is the largest community in Antarctica, capable of supporting up to 1,258 residents,[1] and serves as the United States Antarctic science facility. All personnel and cargo going to or coming from Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station first passes through McMurdo.

McMurdo Station
edit on 28/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Why is it forbidden to go to antarctica on your own?

Because of the costs and logistics of helping those who get into trouble. Simples.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
YOU CAN ALWAYS ASTRAL!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe they found Megatron there?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker, but I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
all i know is antartica is a soon to be archipelago, away from the mess left in the soon to be unhabitable northern hemisphere.

wichever way north is pointing by then anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

this is kinda funny you mention thios i was at the airport yesterday i just flew home and i was talking to a group of people who were from california USA and they were stopping off in auckland and they had just flew from antartica and they were fire fighters but they were vauge about what they were doing there i mean do they have fires on a regular basis in antartica that requires 30 or more people??.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've also read and heard lots of infor stating that there may be a launching station there used by the secret space programme! I don't know if this is relevent but there's also a Russian base there called Vostok... Could it have something to do with that I wonder?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I agree, it just puts more lives at risk sending boats and planes out to search for someone even though the chances of surviving are pretty much zero. Have never actually been, but from reading about the place and the exploits of Tom Crean, Shacketon, Scott and the rest of them I don't think I'd be going anywhere near it, no matter how much permission I got!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Did the Russians get to open the 14million yr. old lake down there yet..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This does seem reaaaally strange

top topics

<<   2 >>

join