It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIEN Structure found on google MARS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelionofbabel
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Please look at it yourself in google mars. search the surrounding area or all of mars for that matter. You will find nothing like it. I respect the opinion that it is natural. But how can ll the sides measure the same length?

I can't view google Mars otherwise I would. My computer is recently deceased and I'm on my roommates and GE won't work on it. Believe me I love google Mars and any Mars topic that pops up on ATS.

I can't tell the sides are all the same based on that picture. Im sure someone who knows how to examine pics will be able to help more. If I could get on google Mars I'd look.

I'll look on google and see if it has been mentioned anywhere else on the internet.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To distinguish between crater or structure please be aware that NASA photos are published in opposite colors. Not sure why. Below is an example.

Pic 1 published by NASA (all seem to look like scars from impacts. But the craters dont?
picasaweb.google.com...

Pic 2 After negative is applied.
picasaweb.google.com...

You can clearly see what is an impact and what is above ground.
edit on 28-2-2011 by thelionofbabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

50% chance of natural formation + 50% chance of un-natural formation = 100% Confusion

Maybe, maybe not ... Maybe 70/30, 30/70, 100/0, 0/100, 17.3/82.7 ...

When we can travel to Mars we will know. Maybe.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thelionofbabel

There are PLENTY of symmetrical creations in Nature. I don't see this as being man or alien made. It is, however, a nice find!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This can not be made by natural means.

? Why not?

Have you ever seen a snowflake? A close up pic ?

Nature can be very precise.

Have a look at this piece of nature in action. www.fibonacci.name...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Really? Show me one example of a natural Perfectly Symmetrical structure with equal dimensions here on earth or anywhere else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A really strange and amazing structure....

A triple (3) sides with a lenght of three (3) Kilometers each one!

Unnatural!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do you have Google Earth on your computer?

I just went to look, on my version. Using the coordinates from the YouTube description:

Latitude: 47°28'32.07"N

Longitude: 170°32'25.19"E

(It is slightly East of the area, but close enough). I took a nice, long look....comparing the way the Sun was shining at the time, and the resulting shadows.

The "three-armed starfish" shape (which is as apt a description as any) is NOT a "positive"....it is a depression. It is very, very obvious, when you look carefully. The sides of the chasm are lit up, as are the sides of the adjacent crater wall, to the SouthEast....just as, 180 degrees around, in the NorthWest, is a great deal of shadowing. This would make the Sun somewhere past its zenith, and what would be about "mid afternoon" on Earth.

(Since the day ---called a "sol"--- on Mars is 24 hours, 37 minutes long, this is actually quite familiar, IF you could actually visit Mars. And, at that latitude? A bit like upper USA, a bit South of the UK....etc. Mars' axial tilt is also very close, within a few degrees, to Earth's, so seasonally will have similar Sun height changes, above the horizon....).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
OP, I bet you could just use photos of Earth and find many, many, many things that, if, you saw on a mars photo would send you into a tizzy. Try it. Like finding shapes in clouds. Fun, but ultimately they are just clouds.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
A really strange and amazing structure....

A triple (3) sides with a lenght of three (3) Kilometers each one!

Unnatural!

Thank you Arken.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Do you have Google Earth on your computer?

I just went to look, on my version. Using the coordinates from the YouTube description:

Latitude: 47°28'32.07"N

Longitude: 170°32'25.19"E

(It is slightly East of the area, but close enough). I took a nice, long look....comparing the way the Sun was shining at the time, and the resulting shadows.

The "three-armed starfish" shape (which is as apt a description as any) is NOT a "positive"....it is a depression. It is very, very obvious, when you look carefully. The sides of the chasm are lit up, as are the sides of the adjacent crater wall, to the SouthEast....just as, 180 degrees around, in the NorthWest, is a great deal of shadowing. This would make the Sun somewhere past its zenith, and what would be about "mid afternoon" on Earth.

(Since the day ---called a "sol"--- on Mars is 24 hours, 37 minutes long, this is actually quite familiar, IF you could actually visit Mars. And, at that latitude? A bit like upper USA, a bit South of the UK....etc. Mars' axial tilt is also very close, within a few degrees, to Earth's, so seasonally will have similar Sun height changes, above the horizon....).

it is not an exact coordinate but yes its the starfish object. No the original pic is not a negative. That was just a reply to someone saying it was a crater. There is big crater just south of the big object and you can see the inward impression left by it. If you are saying it is an impression left by a crater then why is there no other similar crater on any planet weve seen for that matter. Crater impacts dont create triangles. They make circles. Also note the 3 ABOVE GROUND hills just east of the object. The photo clearly shows these are not holes but they are above ground.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

This can not be made by natural means.

? Why not?

Have you ever seen a snowflake? A close up pic ?

Nature can be very precise.

Have a look at this piece of nature in action. www.fibonacci.name...

Yes i have and even molecules are symmetric at atomic levels. The snowflake is a reflection of the reaction of those molecules on a bit larger scale. The snowflake is H2O. But a 3 KM hill is made up of dirt and many other elements. We have never seen soil form perfect symmetrical formations on an atomic or actual scale. Let alone a 3km structure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I am afraid you should look more carefully, and at more of the surrounding terrain.

Also note the 3 ABOVE GROUND hills just east of the object. The photo clearly shows these are not holes but they are above ground.

Look again....quite near the "three-prongs" to the "right and down" (Make sure North is straight up)....this would be to the SouthEast, yes?

It is a small, "potato-shaped" depression. Again, it exhibits the same lighting/shading as the bigger "3-prong" depression. It is really quite obvious. Unless your mind is set on seeing it as a "bump"....and that is a perceptual problem. ("glitch" in the way our brains sometimes process visual information).

Like, this example....the famous "Hollow Mask" illusion. Seen it? This one is done with computer graphics, as opposed to an actual, physical object, but it's the same effect:

Non-rotating, but the light direction "moving":

A bit different, but interesting (and really, based on the same "flaw" in our perceptions):

[edit]-- OK, that one I picked, from many, coz the music wasn't so bad as the others...BUT it didn't explain itself well. Open up the YT link, and read there.....'K?

Sorry, but "3-prong" thingy is a depression ..... Looks a lot like a sinkhole of some sort maybe, as does the "potato shape" nearby....There's another, larger one almost due South......

edit on 28 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
NASA photo PIA10214 has a alien statue head in it.

Left solar panel on the rover, look for the rectangular square on the outermost edge on the left side of the solar panel. It's directly out from that on the bottom of the hill.

i52.tinypic.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I am afraid you should look more carefully, and at more of the surrounding terrain.

Also note the 3 ABOVE GROUND hills just east of the object. The photo clearly shows these are not holes but they are above ground.

Look again....quite near the "three-prongs" to the "right and down" (Make sure North is straight up)....this would be to the SouthEast, yes?

It is a small, "potato-shaped" depression. Again, it exhibits the same lighting/shading as the bigger "3-prong" depression. It is really quite obvious. Unless your mind is set on seeing it as a "bump"....and that is a perceptual problem. ("glitch" in the way our brains sometimes process visual information).

Like, this example....the famous "Hollow Mask" illusion. Seen it? This one is done with computer graphics, as opposed to an actual, physical object, but it's the same effect:

Non-rotating, but the light direction "moving":

A bit different, but interesting (and really, based on the same "flaw" in our perceptions):

[edit]-- OK, that one I picked, from many, coz the music wasn't so bad as the others...BUT it didn't explain itself well. Open up the YT link, and read there.....'K?

Sorry, but "3-prong" thingy is a depression ..... Looks a lot like a sinkhole of some sort maybe, as does the "potato shape" nearby....There's another, larger one almost due South......

thats a great trick. what are you saying made the structure exactly? crater? please give me a guess. Its a nice try trying to make your point by showing man made optical illusions

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"man-made", huh??
That isn't the point. Please pay attention: It is how our brains perceive lighting and shadow and shapes. Doesn't matter if it's a natural formation, or not.

Here, another depression (crater) on Mars:

www.moillusions.com...

Above image flipped, side-by-side:

There are plenty more examples......

THIS person on YouTube was fooled by something else...a smallish (well, BIG at about 200 meteres) crater on the rim of a larger one. An ATS member made a thread about it. (The YouTube video maker deceptively added false-colors, too....aarrgh!):

The thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by phantomjack

Really? Show me one example of a natural Perfectly Symmetrical structure with equal dimensions here on earth or anywhere else.

There you go

edit on 28/2/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have not added any false colors etc. mine is not a circle object as there are many created by craters. I have seen many other anomalies that i didnt put it knowing the skepticism out there. But the starfish triangle has clear distinct shape. Measures the same on all sides and nothing else around it or on the planet natural or unnatural is like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

There is symmetry here? equal dimension of rocks? i see none. Random sizes of rocks simply looking the same. what if each one of those rocks had the dimensions of the cube. Equal on all sides? would you say it is natural?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

There is symmetry here? equal dimension of rocks? i see none. Random sizes of rocks simply looking the same. what if each one of those rocks had the dimensions of the cube. Equal on all sides? would you say it is natural?

Yes there is symmetry there, all of those rocks are perfectly natural and many are perfectly symmetrical, and I know that for a fact, I've been there and seen them

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join