It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
See, on the flip side, I think it's scarey that suck immorral liberal people are out there. Crime rates are soaring through the roof. We are on the verge of economic collapse, and you people are pissing and moaning about homosexual rights.
There are so many children out there right now that are homeless or in the foster system and to think someone was denied the ability to love a child and raise a child because they believe homosexuality is wrong is just plain stupidity.

what about if some of "these children" are gay? You have a habbit of dodging questions!
edit on 1-3-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
See, on the flip side, I think it's scarey that suck immorral liberal people are out there. Crime rates are soaring through the roof. We are on the verge of economic collapse, and you people are pissing and moaning about homosexual rights.
There are so many children out there right now that are homeless or in the foster system and to think someone was denied the ability to love a child and raise a child because they believe homosexuality is wrong is just plain stupidity.

You asked me a question, I answered it and you then ignore it by posting the above.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just some links and articles.

Q: Is There Any Proof Homosexuality is Genetic?

A: not exactly

The proof as it were is that homosexuality is not just one thing.

mono zygotic twins do show a much higher concurrence of homosexuality than fraternal twins which shows that there is definitely a genetic factor. There is however no specific "gay gene," that determines infallibly whether a person will be gay or not. this of course suggests that there is not just one cause of homosexuality but a broad spectrum ranging from genetic influences to hormonal differences both prenatal and throughout development. The one thing that has been proven almost without question is that once a firm sexual identity is established it is impossible to change. Therefore being gay while not firmly based in a single gene is definitely not a "choice."
answers.yahoo.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------

More Evidence that Homosexuality is Genetic - www.skeptictank.org...

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Born that way" theory (a whole bunch of links) - www.narth.com...

------------------------------------------------------------

Genetics and Homosexuality: Are People Born Gay?The Biological Basis for Sexual Orientation
(I'm posting this one because I find it interesting how it is presented - - then attempts to discredit the studies)
www.godandscience.org...

Testimony for Jesus Christ by Richard L. Deem - Here is a testimony from the author of the above
www.godandscience.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Crime Rate!? Ummm how many people have died because of religion do to criminal acts of hatred? Really you blame liberals and accuse them of being criminals?!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by IronArm

I assure you, I don't attempt to follow you around, you just seem to be hanging around anything to do with Christianity to voice your agrivation with our existance.

In other words, you are again lying about where and how I post in order to justify your earlier lies about me.

And yes, I do believe you have hatred for us, not stated, but rather implied. Rather obviously.

Who is us?
Christians?

No, the Christians who refrain from stupid discrimination get no hatred from me. Just pity.

I pity them because they cannot conceive a Universe where they, not God or Jesus, or whatever else...are responsible for their own destiny.

It's a good thing the reality of me, doesn't depend or rely on your "belief" about me. No, I don't hate Christians...I oppose inequality.

You obviously have trouble distinguishing between the two concepts.

I am a Christian, and proud of being one.

Ah, well then I have to accept that your pity comes in the form of venom. Yes, venom. You call us close minded, well, we are to a point indeed that. You also follow that same vein of hypocracy do you not? Inequality in the form of not allowing a Christian family to raise a child is much the same as the inequality of not allowing a Muslim family to foster a child as well...

Oh wait.
Nope. Doesn't get much attention does it.
Pity? Pity like we are incapable and hobble along in life as a broken machine?

I'm doing quite well, definately do not need any pity, nor any other Christian that I know. We have God. He supports us, not the pity of the masses. Apologies if this offends, but it is our truth, not yours, you have your truth, we have ours.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm

Apparently we are not allowed to have a voice.

Im sorry, but not when you spead BS like he has. I posted about my sister and my brother being gay. Also, a few gay people on my mums side.

He said " Don't think so. Not genetics. There is probably alot more going on behind the scenes."

How the hell am i supposed to react to that! It is absolutly disgusting! and he did not even have the guts to tell me what he meant. I have no time for people like that and their hate spreading!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

And just as people as yourself follow the teachings of science (man's understanding), without love or natural affection, to trump the things of God.

What? Who's without love? Just because i'm interested in science, doesn't mean i'm incapable of experiencing or understanding love.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Apparently we are not allowed to have a voice.

Im sorry, but not when you spead BS like he has. I posted about my sister and my brother being gay. Also, a few gay people on my mums side.

He said " Don't think so. Not genetics. There is probably alot more going on behind the scenes."

How the hell am i supposed to react to that! It is absolutly disgusting! and he did not even have the guts to tell me what he meant. I have no time for people like that and their hate spreading!

Were you or your siblings molested as kids? That can cause homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Sigh! no they were not! Not in my family anyway, and as far as i know, nothing with my other related families. They are all happy and close to their families.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nope I wasn't molested either...and that is a myth. Usually it is strait men that have been molested as a child turn out molesting "boys"...but they do not consider them selves homosexual! I have many gay friends and they never been molested.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

The problem with responding to something like that, Christians tend to have a spiritual understanding of those sorts of things, as opposed to scientific. He was probably trying to keep himself from scorn and vicious words. Understandable for me.

I see that some of my posts are being removed as well, so in suit of Christian Voice, I am likely to bow out, as being spiritual as opposed to the afformentioned scientific mindset is viable to set me and others like me up for all kinds of words speaking of "pity" and "our endless ignorance" of which I need not be involved in.

I believe that the topic that was originally stated is an atrocity to Christians and people who follow the morals therin, but thats how it goes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It depends on a persons morals to begin with? You can't label a religion as morally reprehensible for all peoples.

I understand that individual members of any religion may have different morals, even if it requires disobeying the morals of the religion itself. But religious ideology in itself is morally reprehensible.

It's an insult to the intellect of the human mind, to propose that any religion has wisdom of the unknown and that lack of belief thereof may result in eternal torture. It's wicked.

Notice the Atheist rarely argues with the Deist - because there's no nonsensical dogma attached to the core belief. It's doesn't demand belief, it doesn't scare children to believe it, it doesn't ask for money, it doesn't claim moral superiority.
edit on 1/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Mate you can pick and choose which verses you want to follow? Your choices say a lot about you. Here's some New Testament for you to think about. I was going to quote the Old Testament Laws but Christians always use the argument that because of Christ the OT laws are no longer needed. I say bollocks, because Christians still quote them to defend their beliefs. Enjoy...

Some quick advice from the bible...

Don't plan for the future. (Matthew 6:34)
Don't save money. (Matthew 6:19-20)
Don't become wealthy. (Mark 10:21-25)
Sell everything and give it to the poor. (Luke 12:33)
Don't work to obtain food. (John 6:27)
Don't have sexual urges. (Matthew 5:28)
Make people want to persecute you. (Matthew 5:11)
Let everyone know you are better than the rest. (Matthew 5:13-16)
If someone steals from you, don't try to get it back. (Luke 6:30)
If someone hits you, invite them to do it again. (Matthew 5:39)
If you lose a lawsuit, give more than the judgment. (Matthew 5:40)

More New Testament highlights:

- Not allowed to call anyone “father"

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven” (Matthew 23:9).

Just sayin

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

The problem with responding to something like that, Christians tend to have a spiritual understanding of those sorts of things, as opposed to scientific. He was probably trying to keep himself from scorn and vicious words. Understandable for me.

I see that some of my posts are being removed as well, so in suit of Christian Voice, I am likely to bow out, as being spiritual as opposed to the afformentioned scientific mindset is viable to set me and others like me up for all kinds of words speaking of "pity" and "our endless ignorance" of which I need not be involved in.

I believe that the topic that was originally stated is an atrocity to Christians and people who follow the morals therin, but thats how it goes.

Nope, he was being ignorant, as simple as that. Why is there so much hate in religon, but religous people feel there is not? most of the problems in the word is to do with religon. You might call it a peaceful religon, but men have turned it into a hate driven pass time. This "gays is wrong" is just another aspect of that.

Saying that people chose to be gay is just wrong, plain wring. These people don't give a crap about how a gay person feels or how he feels. This so called peaceful religon will be the death of all of us in the end.

What annoys me the most is these same people who condem gays are most prob doing something that they should not be doing according to their religon. But when it comes to hate, there is no end to these hypocrites.

These people don't know these gay people, but they will turn around and say they chose to be gay. These people don't know my family but indicate that my gay brother and sister could have been molested!

I am so glad that i have my own mind!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by acuna

Yeah, but they can't make hate speeches out of them verses, so they will ignore them. And this is my point on the whole subject. They choose what to use, and what not to use. It just so happens they llike to use the stuff that spreads hate. Thats humans for you

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by minkey53

Remember the Flood anyone?

Ahem. evidence anyone ?

World wide geology is saturated with it. But homeosexuality did not bring the flood. Violence did.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Homosexual relations are a natural part of society - there is a entire spectrum of sexuality, and stating so is not "promoting an agenda" it's simply explaining the truth. In social and sex education in schools, if nothing is mentioned at all about the broad spectrum of sexuality - you are going to end up with a lot of screwed up kids - gay kids who have no idea about what they are feeling, and straight kids who think gay people are second class citizens.
Your fears are unjustified - by explaining the truth, you are not losing anything, heterosexuality is not being stamped out, you're safe, don't worry

Homosexual relations are not natural because the penis was made for the female parts.
Yes, their is a homosexual agenda. You can buy this book and read about it.
"The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today"
When a Massachusetts school district started teaching school kids about homosexuality without parental permission it is an agenda.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3/1/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join