It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexuality

www.dailymail.co.u k

In a landmark legal case, Eunice and Owen Johns argued that the rights of Christians are being ‘trumped’ by those of homosexuals under equality legislation. They applied to Derby City Council to be respite carers but withdrew believing it to be 'doomed to failure' because of a social worker's attitude to their religious beliefs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have not read any of this thread but I thought I would throw this interview, in here. The couple were a topic of debate on the Jeremy vine show, on BBC radio 2 today. After the initial news etc, Eunice and Owen Johns discuss their case. It is the first topic.www.bbc.co.uk... Paddy_OConnell_Sits_In
edit on 1/3/2011 by lewtra because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Are you going to answer me?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The gay twin study. Ha!!! Wow, for every pro homosexual study you present I'll present two anti gay. Studies are generally biassed.

link   
*about the bible part of this thread*
Well do not forget incest. I am not sure of this but in the beginning there was Adam and Eve....and didn't Eve have many sons. Explain this to me. Sounds sorta like incest but I may be wrong.....do you also follow in this belief in your life or do you pic and choose verses in the bible that suits you at the time. Just like all other bible thumpers. Pick and choose the verses and phrases or rewriting it as they go along. And how many made up religions are there now. Can't you people stick to one story with out changing it around to benefit your selves. No I am not an Atheist or any religion but I do believe in God, mine is not judgmental, mean, evil, hateful.

Now with that said, there are so many children with out families I feel if this couple really love and want to adopt this child then why not. Just to deny a child a family because of different values I feel is wrong. I have many Christian friends with honorable values and if they opposed to homosexuality it would be fine with me, who is to choose right from wrong and at this day in age the child might just grow up with those good values and teach the parents some along the way. I have a friend who has homophobic parents and he survived his childhood and his parents love care and are proud of him and who he grew up to become. They all go to Church together till this day.
Give them back the kid!!!!

link   

If someone gave their children up for adoption, they aren't "theirs" anymore.

No, really though. Nice try at semantic reasoning. I mean, you can't stick to the facts so I guess that's the only debate tactic you have left.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I wish someone would just post proof that there is a God and the Christian teachings are the true word of God.

I'd accept any real proof Jesus existed.

As to date - - there is none.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Annee

The gay twin study. Ha!!! Wow, for every pro homosexual study you present I'll present two anti gay. Studies are generally biassed.

No you won't - - because there isn't any.

But there truly is a Gay Twin study.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by JonoEnglish

Ahh, the Godless heathans clammering together.
As for proving God? Faith is the belief in something you cannot prove. You do not have to believe in God, but I and many others choose to. Why do you hate us so?

I'm agnostic. I have an open mind.

Yes it's something YOU CAN'T PROVE! This is my point.

Why should your belief in what ever you have faith in, trump things in life that are proven facts, like homosexuality?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

When did you conduct these canine studies?
Who conducted them?
Where they peer reviewed?
How was the study conducted?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just because homosexuality is a fact of life doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Just because homosexuality is a fact of life doesn't make it right.

But your faith in something that can't be proven is right?
edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Again, I don't base my disapproval for homosexuality on my Christian beliefs. Sure the Bible says it's wrong, but I honestly can say that I cannot find anything that would ever make me believe that it's a natural right thing. I just don't see it.
Back on topic though, explain to me why these people should have ever been denied this.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I assure you, I don't attempt to follow you around, you just seem to be hanging around anything to do with Christianity to voice your agrivation with our existance.

In other words, you are again lying about where and how I post in order to justify your earlier lies about me.

And yes, I do believe you have hatred for us, not stated, but rather implied. Rather obviously.

Who is us?
Christians?

No, the Christians who refrain from stupid discrimination get no hatred from me. Just pity.

I pity them because they cannot conceive a Universe where they, not God or Jesus, or whatever else...are responsible for their own destiny.

It's a good thing the reality of me, doesn't depend or rely on your "belief" about me. No, I don't hate Christians...I oppose inequality.

You obviously have trouble distinguishing between the two concepts.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, you haven't explained anything.

You've just made grandiose claims, and then failed to back them up with any proof.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Again, I don't base my disapproval for homosexuality on my Christian beliefs. Sure the Bible says it's wrong, but I honestly can say that I cannot find anything that would ever make me believe that it's a natural right thing. I just don't see it.
Back on topic though, explain to me why these people should have ever been denied this.

There are gay children! Horrid as that may sound to you, it is a fact. They are in our schools, they play in our parks and do indeed grow up to be gay adults.

How does placing a child, that may turn out to be gay, into a home where the parents have such views against homosexuality? They will make that child feel immoral, dirty and rejected. That's the last thing a child who has been in care needs.
edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Moderator Note: Discuss the Topic not each other.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
See, on the flip side, I think it's scarey that suck immorral liberal people are out there. Crime rates are soaring through the roof. We are on the verge of economic collapse, and you people are pissing and moaning about homosexual rights.
There are so many children out there right now that are homeless or in the foster system and to think someone was denied the ability to love a child and raise a child because they believe homosexuality is wrong is just plain stupidity.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join