It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow this thread has been caned since last night.

Can I just add that if the couple were Islamic, none of this would be happening. They would be granted permission straight away.

link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by manna2

Awesome post. I couldn't have said it better myself. Again I ask everyone how teaching that something is wrong = hate? If your child murders someone, do you hate them? Probably not. Do you still love them but think they were wrong? YES.

Yes, we get it.

You don't hate homosexual offspring, you just consider them the moral equivalent of murderers.

link   
reply to post by Byteman

No, the topic is about a couple that was denied adoption rights. Why do you think Christianity was brought into it? Because Christians are the only ones who could ever possibly be against homosexuality huh? Why did the author of the article at the title Christian? Were they turned down because of Christian beliefs or a homosexual agenda? Apparently Christianity had nothing to do with it. Apparently anyone opposing homosexuality would be turned down. Sounds like an agenda to me.

The hatred that I see here is only coming from the homosexual side. Go back and read the posts. Has there been any Christian views that said hateful things? Saying someone is wrong or something is unnatural is not hatred. Look up hate. But your side is really on the attack and slinging around words like bigot, and ignorrant, and stupid, and foolish.
Me or anyone else thinking homosexuality is wrong is not hatred, it's disagreeing. I never ever claimed to hate anyone. As I stated before I know several homosexual men and women. Believe me if I hated any one of them I'd lay know claim to them. I actually talk to most of them often, we just don't discuss our differing opinions.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Showing me that homosexuality exists in species does not equate into "right" We are higher than them. We can determine from right and wrong.

The fact that animals species THAT CANNOT MAKE CHOICES, can be homosexual.
Proves that homosexuality is NATURAL.

If it is natural, then as long as you are not directly violating another person's rights, then it is "right" as well.

Two homosexual people getting married doesn't affect you one single iota. It won't change your salary, or make you impotent. It won't make your children love you more or hate you. It won't stop you from exercising your Constitutional, Civil, or Human rights.

It won't affect your love-life with your spouse.
Unless you are in the closet....ROFLMAO.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Since this is in the UK if they were Muslim they wouldn't have been denied because it would fall under discrimination. Double standards.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Okay...

What is the "gay agenda"?
And how are these Christians being persecuted?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
*Snip*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

That being said... would a Muslim couple be denied fostering a child? Do tell. Muslims clearly do not approve of homosexuality...they follow some of the same texts as Christianity of course, (That being the Levitican texts and Torah) but they would be allowed would they not?

And again, is it only Christians that do not approve of homosexuality? I plead you to understand, this is most certainly not true. I hate using this term "But I know tonnes of people"...but it in this case is applicable. I do know many people of no particular religious backround, faith, ideological meanderings, and so on, that do not approve, endorse, or otherwise support the gay movement.
edit on 3/2/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Never said that, do not put words in my mouth. I believe homosexuality to be wrong. I believe murder and many other things to be wrong as well.
I do not equate them together. I do however equate homosexuals to pedophiles and zoophiles. They all claim to be born that way. You can't argue consent either. I would imagine if an animal did not want you messing with their privates they would let you know. Unless a person did it by force and tied it down. A 15 year old girl is more than capable of giving consent as well. All 3 are sexual dysfunctions. All 3 claim to be born that way.
Fact is, that if homosexuals believe they are born gay then they are no longer responsible for their choices.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

When animal species engage in homosexual sex, it is about dominance, not sexual pleasure.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

The hatred that I see here is only coming from the homosexual side. Go back and read the posts. Has there been any Christian views that said hateful things? Saying someone is wrong or something is unnatural is not hatred. Look up hate. But your side is really on the attack and slinging around words like bigot, and ignorrant, and stupid, and foolish.

Im sorry, but saying that gay people choose to be gay is a huge insult. Basically you are called all of them liers, even though you don't know them. If i was gay, i would find that very insulting.

Ok, let me put it to you this way. I have one brother and three sisters. My brother and one sister is gay. Now, my mum has six brothers and one sister. One of her brothers is gay, and her sister is gay. All in all, on my mums side of the family, there is about 10 gay people. It has def something to do with the genes. My wife is pregnant now, and there is a chance that my child might be gay.

Its just wrong to say that gay people choose to be gay. It is not logical at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Christian Voice wrote:

Fact is, that if homosexuals believe they are born gay then they are no longer responsible for their choices.

Of course they are still responsible for their choices - they "just" aren't ersponsible for being homosexual - what they then do with that prediliction remains up to them.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: add belated quote

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Don't think so. Not genetics. There is probably alot more going on behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Yeah, if you want to go ahead and plan your selective seeing trip. Go for it.
But the REALITY is that the SOURCE ARTICLE is clearly titled.....

Christian beliefs DO lose out to gay rights: Judges' ruling against devout foster couple

If you think you really have a case against me, then alert a moderator and tell them I'm off-topic. Otherwise, you can just stop trying to play administrator and quite your attempt at policing me.

Bible is fair game. Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Wow, you are really filled with hatred and anger. Apparently the Bible is fair game in every post you engage in on this site. Is that your point on this site, to just spread anti-Christian hatred on every single thread you see? Take a deep breathe and relax. Noone here is gonna hurt you. Heck, I don't know you, I'm just debating a topic with you.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
Since this is in the UK if they were Muslim they wouldn't have been denied because it would fall under discrimination. Double standards.

Exactly my point mate

2nd

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Show me anything that shows proof positive, I mean proof beyond the shadow of any doubt that people are born gay. You cannot. I can however show you proof positive that people are born heterosexual. Look all around, see the booming population?

link   
reply to post by IronArm

Well, I'm flattered that you follow me around like a puppy dog.
But I am not looking for followers or disciples.

Anyways...

I saw this thread and immediately figured I'd see Byteman bashing Christianity...lo and behold, here Byteman be, telling all that Christianity is the root of all hatred and evil, that that everything wrong in this world is based in the despicable notion of following the ideologies of the Bible.

Where did I say that Christianity is evil?
Can you quote that?

I'll just skip to accusing you of being a liar. Since I know for a fact I did not say that.

link   
So a Christian couple lose their right to foster children because they don't like homosexuality

Why aren't Muslims losing that right then because we all know how they feel about homosexuals! its all about double standards these days and it makes me sick.

What has not liking homosexuality got to do with fostering kids anyway? homosexuals can foster kids yet they can't even concieve kids so they really have no right to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join