It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Truth is an indisputable fact, that can be proven without any doubt. Sadly some people see their faith as just that, yet can't show any proof because it's faith. They deceive themselves.

You do realize that we all have a box we label truth in our mind and we stick stuff in it. It doesn't matter what we put in it, we will always see that as true. It doesn't matter how much that stands up to personal experience or objective testing...

It really doesn't matter much what we put in that box as long as it ensures our happiness.

Problem is that many of us put stuff in the truth box that makes us unhappy. I pity those people.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So, what do you think of this?

I think it's a good thing.
These children won't have to grow-up under a banner of hate.

These people pretend that they aren't homophobic, but they don't want gays to have the same thing they have. They are like the person who talks **** about minorities, but he's not a racist because he's got a minority friend.

Just a little while ago Elton John and his gay lover were permitted to foster a child and now you have a couple (Man & Woman) getting turned down because they are against gays..... wow! what is the World coming to when a man and woman (Male and female) cant foster a child because of their beliefs on gays adopting?

Elton John and his partner aren't hate-mongers, and (as far as I know) don't have any overtly hate-filled philosophies to pass onto any adopted children.

If this couple has problems with gays adopting, then they shouldn't be able to adopt either.

This World is crazy!!!!!

Yeah, they don't want children to go to a home where they will learn hate-filled messages that homosexual's aren't equal to other people.

Crazy.

Man and Woman are here to pro-create.... to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

What a complete and utter failure of an argument.

If a couple of Men don't deserve children because they cannot give birth to them, then Lesbians are twice deserving because they can both give birth.

FOR ALL YOU CHRISTIANS GAY HATERS....
Jesus Christ never said anything against homosexuality or same-sex marriage.
Jesus Christ said to forgive.
Jesus said only the sinless can punish others for sin.
Jesus said his words trumped the Old Testament.

So you can take your Old Testament gay-hate, and just wrap it up in a big old hypocrite sandwich. Because that is what all of you are....hypocrites.

If you really follow Jesus, then you must forgive the gays and be on your way. You don't have the religious right to condemn them or say what they do is wrong, since NONE of you are sinless.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theicc

Where in the world do you figure that the Bible says to throw your daughters to a mob to be raped? Don't pervert the Bible to further your own heathan agenda.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow ! This world just seems hell bent to make everyone accept everyone for everything. There are things that should not be accepted. Why not teach those that live outside the norm to accept the worlds view and move on? If you CHOOSE to be homosexual, that is your business but the world does not have to like it or accept it. You do however have to accept the fact that the majority of the planet disagrees with you whether you like it or not. My ex step daughter used to try and go out dressed like a hooker and would get pissed at me when I'd make her change. She said if people don't like the way she was dressed then they didn't have to look at her. Same view homosexuals seem to have. I strongly disagreed with her. The majority of society would have looked at her and immediately assumed she was easy because of the way she was dressed. If that bothered her so, then she was the one that needed to change.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
CHOOSE to be homosexual

There is no excuse for ignorance.

I grew up in a community of Christian dominance - - I had no CHOICE - - I was a child.

I was an adult before I even knew there were Jewish people. I continue to fight oppression and dominance of personal beliefs - - - over anyone and anything.

Its been a long fight to remove religion from government or any agency part of government.

But - - we are beginning to win that fight.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wow ! This world just seems hell bent to make everyone accept everyone for everything. There are things that should not be accepted. Why not teach those that live outside the norm to accept the worlds view and move on? If you CHOOSE to be homosexual, that is your business but the world does not have to like it or accept it. You do however have to accept the fact that the majority of the planet disagrees with you whether you like it or not. My ex step daughter used to try and go out dressed like a hooker and would get pissed at me when I'd make her change. She said if people don't like the way she was dressed then they didn't have to look at her. Same view homosexuals seem to have. I strongly disagreed with her. The majority of society would have looked at her and immediately assumed she was easy because of the way she was dressed. If that bothered her so, then she was the one that needed to change.

You don't just choose to be gay. If you are gay, then you are gay. I am straight, and there is no way that i could be gay. This is where religon annoys me, and i wish it was not part of our society. We have murderers,rapists and child abusers out there that want to hurt you and your family, but all you can moan about is gay people. What the hell is this world coming too!

I think religon should be done in your home, and should not be out there for everyone to see, but i bet you disagree with that don't you

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Where in the world do you figure that the Bible says to throw your daughters to a mob to be raped? Don't pervert the Bible to further your own heathan agenda.

Judges 19:22-24, actually.

A mob comes upon a mans house, they want to rape his male guest.
Instead of giving them a man to rape, he says he will send out his virgin daughter and the guests concubine.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is a choice no matter how you cut it. Noone has ever held a gun to a homosexual's head and made them homosexual. It is a physical and mental choice. Go ahead and ask if I chose to be hetero. The purpose of sex is for procreation, plain and simple. The outcome of a man's orgasm is the release of sperm. Sperm's only purpose in life is to fertilize an egg and create life. Given that, if the purpose of sperm is for reproduction, and it is released during sex then we can summize that the purpose for sex is reproduction. Therefore, reproduction is natural. Now there is no possible way for a man's sperm entering another man's anything to fertilize anything, therefore homosexuality is unnatural. If it is unnatural then you would have to make a decision to act on it. We're not talking about skin color which cannot be controlled but a perverse sexuality that can be controlled. Go ahead and argue that you are born that way. Pedophiles and zoophiles make the exact same arguement. Are either of those natural? No.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It is a choice no matter how you cut it.

And of course you chose to be Hetero.

Reality vs ignorant religious dogma.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I think you care to much about what other people think. You are not an individual, you are a worker drone.

As a secure heterosexual, I think homosexuals should have 100% equal rights and titles as heterosexuals. Their having marriage doesn't upset or provoke me at all.

Why does it provoke you?
Because of some old-timey book that may or may not be correct about this alleged "god"?
Because some desert-dweller from 2000+ years ago says so?
Because you can't think for yourself, and have given control of your mind to the church?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Read my last post. You don't have to use religion to argue homosexuality. I am Christian but I am also very logical and homosexuality is not logical at all. What do two men do with each other when in a homosexual relationship? They emulate heterosexual sex. What do two women do? They emulate heterosexual sex. Why be woman on woman and use a fake penis? Why be man on man and use an orifice that's not a vagina? Because homosexuals are simply something unnatural pretending to do something natural.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Old Testament and it nowhere says that God condoned it. It was merely pointing out how perverse the mob was in that they prefered homosexual sex to hetero.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

this is because of your bias and presuppositions, not mine
own it dude.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

or because you believe fake presupposed science that you are "born that way?
who here is more religious in their beliefs? you are.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This thread seems to have deteriorated into gay and religious bashing, there is no middle ground no wonder the human race is in trouble.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No, I didn't choose to be heterosexual. Heterosexuality is natural. I am natural and normal. I followed natural instincts. Mankind is made with an attraction to the opposite sex. Opposites attract remember? I'll argue that homosexuality is induced either by early trauma or something emotional missing during early developement, either a missing father or overbearing mother.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It is a choice no matter how you cut it. Noone has ever held a gun to a homosexual's head and made them homosexual. It is a physical and mental choice. Go ahead and ask if I chose to be hetero. The purpose of sex is for procreation, plain and simple.

Then why is sex so much fun, a stress release, it is for more than reproduction etc etc?

Of course being gay is not a choice it is a physiological reaction to another being. I am hetero and have a gay brother in law who came out to me first when he was 18, perhaps cos he knew I didnt care what floated his boat.

When I see a sexy woman I get a physiological reaction, sweaty palms increased pulse and so on, it happens for me with the other sex for homosexuals from what I understand this reaction occurs for them too, just with members of the same sex.

IMO you are TOTALLY wrong and cannot choose to be gay, there is no choice to how your body reacts to sexual attraction whatever the cause of it.
edit on 1-3-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you think that a Man could give up women for men just by sheer choice, then I do not think you understand the allure and appeal of women for a straight male.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So, what do you think of this?

I think it's a good thing.
These children won't have to grow-up under a banner of hate.

These people pretend that they aren't homophobic, but they don't want gays to have the same thing they have. They are like the person who talks **** about minorities, but he's not a racist because he's got a minority friend.

Just a little while ago Elton John and his gay lover were permitted to foster a child and now you have a couple (Man & Woman) getting turned down because they are against gays..... wow! what is the World coming to when a man and woman (Male and female) cant foster a child because of their beliefs on gays adopting?

Elton John and his partner aren't hate-mongers, and (as far as I know) don't have any overtly hate-filled philosophies to pass onto any adopted children.

If this couple has problems with gays adopting, then they shouldn't be able to adopt either.

This World is crazy!!!!!

Yeah, they don't want children to go to a home where they will learn hate-filled messages that homosexual's aren't equal to other people.

Crazy.

Man and Woman are here to pro-create.... to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

What a complete and utter failure of an argument.

If a couple of Men don't deserve children because they cannot give birth to them, then Lesbians are twice deserving because they can both give birth.

FOR ALL YOU CHRISTIANS GAY HATERS....
Jesus Christ never said anything against homosexuality or same-sex marriage.
Jesus Christ said to forgive.
Jesus said only the sinless can punish others for sin.
Jesus said his words trumped the Old Testament.

So you can take your Old Testament gay-hate, and just wrap it up in a big old hypocrite sandwich. Because that is what all of you are....hypocrites.

If you really follow Jesus, then you must forgive the gays and be on your way. You don't have the religious right to condemn them or say what they do is wrong, since NONE of you are sinless.

it's ridiculous to read this thread and say that it is Christians who hate others when you guys are the most hateful bunch of people on the planet.
To think we can trust you with children and not promote hate for Christians is beyond ridiculous and absurd.
None of you can have this conversation without accusing us of old testament savgery to make your points.
None of you can rightly portray us to make your points.
No, you spit hate and vitriolic statements meant to hurt and inflame us and others.

Nope, you guys live to hate and call it love to justify presupposed thoughts from willing action.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

When was the recent discovery that homosexuals and heterosexuals have physiological differences, been proven wrong?

Care to link to your proof that it was proven wrong?
Or should we just chalk it up to you desperately saying anything you can to try and make yourself feel better?

BBC - Scan sees 'gay brain differences'.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join