It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' targets the brothers Koch, claiming attempts 'to usurp American Democracy'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Only 'newfags' call people 'oldfags' & 'newfags'. Hello there, newfriend.

Anybody can find out how to triforce. You can google it. There's dozens of macros floating around /b/ on how to do it, and those aren't even counting the troll macros. Nobody cares about triforcing these days anyways, since everyone and their mother can do it.

Either way, there are no personal armies on /b/. The only argument you could make for someone 'behind' it would be moot, but moot couldn't care either way, as long as it doesn't bring his site down.

Your post was kind of a waste.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
. They are attempting to sway public support to the unions by dropping the word 'corp' into the battle, when the real situation is, poor Joe and Sally Taxpayer are being raped by the unions, who don't want to lay out a dime for their own retirement or medical plans.

Is that the truth? Is it really that they will not lay out a dime for their own pensions?

tax.com...

Accepting Gov. Walker' s assertions as fact, and failing to check, created the impression that somehow the workers are getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. They are not.

Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin' s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

What I am curious about is why if you are so concerned about the rape of American taxpayers you arent digging anything up on the portion of the bill that allows corrupt politicians to sell off property of the US tax payer to private interests with no stipulation that we actually make a profit from it.

That sounds a lot more like a rape of the tax payer to me than agreeing to take a portion of your wages as a pension.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Only 'newfags' call people 'oldfags' & 'newfags'. Hello there, newfriend.

lol

Nope. I have plenty of friends that use the terms, who are my age and have been going to 4chan since its inception. /b/ is constantly evolving. I still drop by from time to time. Picked up on the new memes. then got bored.

Anybody can find out how to triforce. You can google it. There's dozens of macros floating around /b/ on how to do it, and those aren't even counting the troll macros. Nobody cares about triforcing these days anyways, since everyone and their mother can do it.

People can read how to do it.

Funny how the triforce don't come out like they are supposed to 75% of the time.

But I guess you are right. Everything on /b/ is for the lulz

Either way, there are no personal armies on /b/.

Obviously. If you read what I wrote, I said that.

My argument is that the REAL Anonymous does not frequent /b/.

Think of /b/ as the restaurant that is a cover for the mafia.

The only argument you could make for someone 'behind' it would be moot, but moot couldn't care either way, as long as it doesn't bring his site down.

Your post was kind of a waste.

no. that is like saying the manager of the restaurant was the mafia leader.

your post was doubly a waste. lol
edit on 3/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin' s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

Next, you're going to tell me that it is part of their total compensation package. Fine, Then show me a line item deduction on a paystub.

And if the employer is totally paying for it, then that just makes my case, since the employer is the government and I am the government's boss.

What I am curious about is why if you are so concerned about the rape of American taxpayers you arent digging anything up on the portion of the bill that allows corrupt politicians to sell off property of the US tax payer to private interests with no stipulation that we actually make a profit from it.

Ah, the old, tired "If you are so concerned about X then why aren't you doing something about Y?" argument.

Very handy, Can be used in nearly any debate. Can also be defeated with one of several standard responses.

That sounds a lot more like a rape of the tax payer to me than agreeing to take a portion of your wages as a pension.

You know what it sounds like to me? It sounds like Eminent Domain.

edit on 1-3-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Next, you're going to tell me that it is part of their total compensation package. Fine, Then show me a line item deduction on a paystub.

Why? Because doing so would change you mind? I doubt it. If you had read the article you wouldnt even need to see a pay stub. Because you would understand the underlying concept. But the fact is, you dont want to understand the underlying concept, because you want to bash unions. Why you hate them, who knows. Maybe you were molested by a union as a child. Maybe you work for people who hate unions, and its your job to hate them. Maybe you just watch a lot of anti-union propaganda.

Who knows.

What I do know is that it is a waste of time trying to convince you of anything. I replied to you because I had information that contradicted your claim, and other people might want to see it. Not because I saw any probability of changing your mind.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

No . . . because I have no interest in what Anonymous and /b/tards do for kicks. I used to frequent the place, but never went raiding because it is not my cup of tea.

But yet you Party with Tea... interesting. Perhaps you guys need to create your own leet republican counterforce then?

Seems like you are lashing out protecting your group, which is fine.

Are you oldfag or newfag?

Protecting what group?
Dude, seriously - you again want to classify, which is what is wrong with society... everything is putting things into certain groups or entities that can be defined. My first computer was a Timex Sinclair ZX-81, my second an Osborne 1 (I truly can't remember the correct version it was... it was soo long ago) - but yet why should any of my computer history even matter to you, or the discussion at hand? I will tell you why: because you have an agenda. Once you grow out of having some sort of an agenda that doesn't classify people into political parties, race or anything of the sort I think you may realize something: Any political party that you attribute yourself too is part of the NWO and elitist mentality. WHAT?!? HOW?!? You may ask. The answer is pretty simple really, because each party is about the destruction of the other party and each party believes themselves to be right in their own assertions of what reality and truth are.

Triforce for us

edit on 3/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Um - why? You do it:
Left alt button +right num pad

[alt+255][alt+255][alt+30]
[enter]
[alt+30][alt+32][alt+30]

I don't need to be put under any type of test that can be easily googled. I am not Anonymous, nor do I speak for them. I support what they are doing, as I support WikiLeaks. Stop classifying people because of your ideological beliefs.

And BTW /b/ is for people who are bored... never go there, never will.
edit on 3/1/2011 by kroms33 because: Osborne version.... can't remember LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Why? Because doing so would change you mind? I doubt it. If you had read the article you wouldnt even need to see a pay stub. Because you would understand the underlying concept. But the fact is, you dont want to understand the underlying concept, because you want to bash unions. Why you hate them, who knows. Maybe you were molested by a union as a child. Maybe you work for people who hate unions, and its your job to hate them. Maybe you just watch a lot of anti-union propaganda.

Underlying concept? You mean that bait that you swallowed hook, line, and sinker?

Nah, I just wanted to see if you could back up your claim.

And you might concentrate more on understanding your own bizarre desire to analyze my impressions of unions, rather than asking why I hate unions.

Whether I hate unions or not is nunya, as in "Nunya business", capiche?

What I do know is that it is a waste of time trying to convince you of anything. I replied to you because I had information that contradicted your claim, and other people might want to see it. Not because I saw any probability of changing your mind.

Well, see what happens when you try to sell that collective snake oil to people that know better? You get your nose turned around.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Forget the triforce. It's timing the cccombo breaker that counts!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Funny how people who claim they believe in the values put forth in the U.S. D of A and Constitution are against Unions, which are organizations where people come together to collectively bargain with large institutions to give the individual a great deal more capability in defending their individual rights in dealing with the bargaining power of large institutions.

The main purpose of Unions is to help people protect their individual rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

These same people who hate unions are also the same people crying about how people pick on the poor corporations and the misrepresented filthy rich.

These people preach about some free market, but want to deny the ability of average workers to participate in a market system where the law of supply and demand determines wages.

They would rather defend corporations whose entire purpose is to shield investors from the responsibility of the actions of their business.

These people who preach free markets and hate unions talk about personal responsibility, but mainly support organizations, CORPORATIONS, whose main purpose is to allow individuals to avoid responsibility for their own decisions and actions.

The people who preach free market ideals say one thing, but everything they do goes directly to undermining individual rights. Those are some screwed up values.

Instead of eliminating Union bargaining power, a fundamental right that has allowed the U.S. to become the great nations that we are, we should be working to eliminate Corporate shielding of individual responsibility, which is the biggest factor in creating our current economic woes.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Funny how people who claim they believe in the values put forth in the U.S. D of A and Constitution are against Unions......

U.S. D of A? Is that US Dept. of Agriculture? Just curious how they were related to unions in this instance...!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Funny how people who claim they believe in the values put forth in the U.S. D of A and Constitution are against Unions, which are organizations where people come together to collectively bargain with large institutions to give the individual a great deal more capability in defending their individual rights in dealing with the bargaining power of large institutions.

Yeah, sure. Sounds nice as a soundbite for a union brochure, with a clean, happy family enjoying a picnic in the sunshine.

Truth is, the history of unions and individual rights is not such a rosy picture. That's why the Wagner Act and the closed union shop had to be declared illegal. Not only did they deny and interfere with individual rights to work, they fostered racism by effectively giving unions a method of refusal to hire blacks and other minorities.

But don't despair...there are still union shops, which are almost as bad as closed shops.

Unions and their crowd-beating tactics, their imported thugs, were extremely unpopular after WWII. They made life very rough for many returning GI's who were willing to work for less than the unions demanded.

The unions destroyed industrialism in the US, including the auto and steel industries.

Unions are extremely corrupt. They have used the vast wealth of union dues and pension funds to buy and sell politicians and judges. Just look at the crooked bozo in the Whitehouse today - flagrant corruption. Obama meets with Trumko 2 or 3 times a week. Nice, huh, to have that kind of influence with the WH?

The main purpose of Unions is to help people protect their individual rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Omigawd..you can't be serious! You don't really believe that propaganda, do you? Look at the facts, man!

The unions need you - no, strike that - they need your dues to stay alive. Las Vegas needs their pension funds. Hoffa's family needs them to send Jimmy home.

ETA: But wait - what have the unions brought to us lately? That's right..

The Card Check Bill.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Yet you constantly defend Republicans.

Yeah I gotta say I cannot help but notice that HUGE number of ATS posters that defend FOX, The Republican Party, The Republican leadership, and always take the rep side in any partisan fight but then go on to swear over and over again "I am not a Republican."

It comes across like being caught in the middle of robbing a bank and hoping you will be let go if you just keep saying "I am not bank robber though."

So anyway. What has anon done to the koch brothers yet? I came into this thread hoping to find all manner of revealin internal documents and private emails but all I see are people arguing about triforcing. Did I miss the attack?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Only an Anon would consider TP'ing the capital. So from one anon to another, I offer ye this here raid!
piratepad.net...

FOX is working triple time to demonize the protestors. They are even importing palm trees to Wisc in order to do it. Anything that can be portrayed as destructive, disruptive, trashy, criminal, is just going to be fodder for the right.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Just so you know, using the actions of a few big unions to condemn the rest is a pretty shallow way to build an argument.

There are smaller unions that are nowhere as powerful as the AFL-CIO and Teamsters. These unions serve the original purpose of an union and have little money/power to offer politicians.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have a feeling anon is not after the Koch Brothers. I think someone just posted the letter to start a thread. Heres another letter from Anon that says they are not a political attack dog.

www.anonnews.org...

Anonymous || Note to journalists

Attention Journalists: If you are writing a story, and have come to this website to do research, or pull a quote -- stop. slow down. read.

Read the big blue highlighted section at the top of the screen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AnonNews uses an open-posting concept. Anyone can post to the site, and moderators will approve relevant posts. No censorship takes place!
For information, edits, moderator applications, and everything else join the IRC channel or visit [email protected]. Press can contact [email protected]. We are not an official press platform, but we'd gladly answer questions about AnonNews, or, more broadly, get you in touch with other Anons. Apologies if it takes a while before you get a response, someone felt the urge to send an e-mail bomb.
AnonNews will very soon be updated. There will be a cleaner interface, an improved comment system, and a voting system for press releases. The guidelines will also become easier to read and clearer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been several news articles recently suggesting that Anonymous is taking a very specific political stance regarding the events in Wisconsin. While some Anons are undoubtedly passionate about this issue, it would be a mistake to report that Anonymous is targeting the Koch brothers, or are even uniform in their opinion of collective bargaining rights of public employees at the state level.

Perhaps it might make more sense to you if you simply add a press release here at AnonNews, and see how easy it is to make a pronouncement on behalf of Anonymous?

Please recognize that as Anonymous' brand has aquired legitimacy, opportunists have and will continue to try to tie their personal political agendas to the movement.

A handy bullet list guide for visiting journalists

Anonymous has no official position on abortion
Anonymous has no official position on tax policy
Anonymous has no official position on health care
Anonymous has no official position on collective bargaining agreements
Anonymous has no official position on campaign finance reform
Anonymous has no official position on the Tea Party
Anonymous has no official position on the Democratic Party
Anonymous has no official position on the Republican Party
Anonymous has no official position on the Green Party
Anonymous has no official position on global warming
Anonymous has no official position on off-shore drilling
Anonymous has no official position on budget deficits
Anonymous has no official position on George Soros
Anonymous has no official position on the Koch brothers
Anonymous has no official position on Fox News
Anonymous has no official position on MSNBC
Anonymous has no official position on CNN
Anonymous has no official position on NAFTA
Anonymous has no official position on the IMF or World Bank
Anonymous has no official position on Wall Street
Anonymous has no official position on entitlement programs
Anonymous has no official position on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Anonymous has a very #ing official position on LULZ

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
But there is this article from Forbes. But don't forget whos side Forbes wouldbe on.

blogs.forbes.com...

And then you also have the story about Chinese hackers being in 5 oil companies computers for years and they just found out? Seems like a easy way to get Homeland Security to protect your computers on the tax payers dime after all the military would be called in to protect your data when evil terrorist threaten the infrastrcutre. Just call that a tax credit on the 0 taxes they pay.

www.computerworlduk.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do like what happened to HBGary. The boss got fired.

Heres a little more on whats happening because of that.

blogs.forbes.com...

Kevin Zeese, a lawyer with the NGOs VelvetRevolution.us and StopTheChamber.com, filed a complaint with the Washington, D.C. Bar Association earlier this week against John Woods, Richard Wyatt Jr., and Robert Quackenboss, three members of the law firm Hunton & Williams, seeking their disbarment. The complaint alleges a long list of misbehavior that includes domestic spying, cyber stalking, spear phishing, cyber attacks, and theft.

Heres the court filing.

www.velvetrevolution.us...
edit on 3-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Just so you know, using the actions of a few big unions to condemn the rest is a pretty shallow way to build an argument.

Well now, the smaller unions aren't the ones causing the problems, are they? So why should I discuss them?

There are smaller unions that are nowhere as powerful as the AFL-CIO and Teamsters. These unions serve the original purpose of an union and have little money/power to offer politicians.

I am all for the right to bargain collectively. I'm also all for the business owner's right to set terms in his own business. Forcing an employer to operate under forced conditions that border on extortion is un-American.

Fortunately, most employers are in business to succeed, and the most successful business is one where both workers and management are satisfied with conditions. But enter the unions, and they are never satisfied with just fitting in. They always create a class warfare atmosphere, and they always paint the employer as a fat, greedy, exploiter of workers. That's what don't like about them. Now, the fact that I don't like big unions might make me your greedy capitalistic right wing mortal enemy, but that's too bad for you, because I don't care. As long as I support the right to bargain collectively, I'm fine with me.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well now, that is good news, isn't it?

...See what happens when we all share our stories and start telling the truth? ...It's called transparency and it leads to accountability.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join