It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 2012 is a load of bull

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
This is going to be a longer post. Why do i think 2012 is bull

1. The cyclical timeline makes no sense. If this these disasters occur every 26 thousand years than life could never get terribly complex. Plain and simple if there is something powerful enough to wipe out all or most humans it is probably going to kill a fairly large degree of life. so if this happens at this frequeancy there would be way more than 6 recorded mass extinctions or life would have stayed extremly primative

2. The myans dont even say it will end. After they descendants of the myans who wrote the prophecy actualy heard that this is what people are saying they came forword to tell people that they misread the prophecy and that all it really means is that the calender just starts over nothing else.

3. no even agrees on what happens. There is just too much argument over what happens. I have heard everything from storms, fire, solar flares, tidal waves, aliens, comets, stars,other planets, pole shifts and that the earth is a computer program that will reset on that date.

4. The solar flares problem. NASA does say that there will be solar climax this happens every eleven years. Which means that this happened in 2001 did the world come to an end, no.

1. there is plenty of evidence of past mass extinctions, with difference recurrent cycles. and not all life is wiped out, just some or most of it, so it continues. Humans have been around for too short time to see one of those big ones.
2. correct. "Mayans" didnt say anything like, just an astronomical observation.
3. no one ever agrees on anything... human nature to have all kinds of opinion.
4. Solar cycle is every 11 years. and We just got hit with one of the strongest flares in history... so intensity maybe different. ...

if anything, we wouldnt know until it happens...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Yup. I've said for several years that 2012 is just the next Y2K moneymaker. One of the reasons I kinda quit listening to C2C several years back was that they kept promoting the Y2K thing for profit and I felt that C2C should have more integrity than that.

I was working as an engineer for Applied Materials (a semiconductor capital equipment manufacturer) at the time and we were changing out chips in most of our tools for the "Y2K Compliance Project". It was BS and we all knew it.

But, some people made a killing, and, in the end, making money is the only important thing, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Do you use your pendulum often? And did it ever give you a prediction that came true? Something you really could not have known?
Just curious, because I also use one

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I also reasoned many years ago that is is impossible that there has been a mass extinction every so many years and that everything starts anew from evolution till where we now are.

But it has never been said by the mayans that the world would end.
And also you have to reckon with the fact that many years ago everyones "world"was very small.
So when legend tells you there was a worldwide flood (Noa), it would have been a flood in their world. Maybe in other parts of the world they didn't even know about it.

So, I thing 2012 has been hyped a lot, but in principle its not a hoax.
Like said by several people, there was a lot of money to be made.

I do believe there will be global disasters, maybe because of a planet passing close by, or a terrible sunflare
Lots of earthquakes and tsunamis. But as long as you're not living on the coast and are in the middle of a quake, you should be allright. As long as you have enough food and water and know how to live without electricity and know how to plant and defend yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

There have always been, and will always be, Global Disasters.

"That's the biggest (insert catastrophe here) in the past 100 years!" Some people hear that and think that things are getting bad and the world is coming apart. I hear that and think "Wow, we've had a bit of a quiet time, but obviously there were REALLY nasty (inset catastrophe here) a hundred years ago and we are still here, so we will probably survive this too."

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

you can not say 2012 is bull because you are not a fortune teller and I am almost positive you do not have a crystal ball telling of the future. do not doubt something that could be a possibility because you are confused (and more then likely scared yourself) on what may or may not happen. really you shouldn't even worry about it or think about it until when/if it happens.

There are many things that can be eliminated as possibilities:
1. pole shifts
2. incoming unknown planet
3. Earth flipped upside down

That's just 3 of the things that are not possible. Most of the doom and gloomers realize by now that these are impossible issues and have switched over to more nebulous suggestions such as a "consciousness shift." Many people admit they have no idea what that means,but they insist it is a possibility.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

That being said though, there are some strange things happening in the world, none greater than all the animal die offs.

That's actually normal. What is happening is that people are aware of it. Whale die offs are reported all of the time. There seems to be more empathy towards whales than flocks of birds.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

but lets not forget that the world can end at anytime for any reason. i am pretty sure the world won't end next year either, but no one knows. the world could be here today, and gone by tomorrow

Sorry I have to disagree. The world is not going to end at anytime for any reason. It's not going to end because of a sneeze. It's not going to end even if Apophis were to hit the Earth.

It's a common claim here at ATS that no one knows. Not true. Not true at all. Maybe the issue is that you do not know and that you are suggesting that if you do not know then no one knows. There are no global extinction objects headed at the Earth in the near future. We know that because we can view those objects far, far away. That does not mean it couldn't happen in the future, but it certainly won't be tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What about a nuclear war? What about a star going supernova, throwing gamma rays at us? We don't know every star which have their poles headed towards us...What about a super massive solar flare frying all of our power grid? Yes, we don't know for sure when it's all going to end.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by XelNaga

It's a common claim here at ATS that no one knows. Not true. Not true at all. Maybe the issue is that you do not know and that you are suggesting that if you do not know then no one knows. There are no global extinction objects headed at the Earth in the near future. We know that because we can view those objects far, far away. That does not mean it couldn't happen in the future, but it certainly won't be tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

Well what about next year? Do you think a month is enough? I don't know, what do you think? Do we have the technology to identify a global extinction object that could possibly hit us within a 3 year period?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
About your evolution point, OP, life evolves faster than you think. It's actually very surprising! Read this article!

And I most agree, 2012 has been seized by MSM. It's now perceived as a wacky theory supported by delusional people. They've reached their goal, thanks to the idiotic 2012 movie...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

So you spent all of 5 mins researching theories (which it seems you still don't even understand what the theories are, let alone anything about them) then you come on here and try to predict the future?

So please find me some good evidence of this and i might be convinced

Who made us your personal research servants, its all out there, much of it has been posted here on ATS, there is a lot of noise to signal but the gems are out there.

Why would good evidence convince you anyway?? The events haven't happened yet so all we can do is forecast or give our prognosis. Technically, you couldn't even prove it with a time machine.

forecast [ˈfɔːˌkɑːst]
vb -casts, -casting, -cast, -casted
1. to predict or calculate (weather, events, etc.), in advance
2. (tr) to serve as an early indication of
3. (tr) to plan in advance
n
1. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a statement of probable future weather conditions calculated from meteorological data
2. a prophecy or prediction
3. the practice or power of forecasting
forecaster n

3. no even agrees on what happens.

Show me a large group of people from all round the world who all agree on what feb 27 next year world news headlines will be saying. Just because everyone's prediction is different, doesn't mean that they are all wrong.

edit on 26-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

What about a nuclear war? What about a star going supernova, throwing gamma rays at us? We don't know every star which have their poles headed towards us...What about a super massive solar flare frying all of our power grid? Yes, we don't know for sure when it's all going to end.

If you had read both the original statement and the response you would see the intent of my statement.

I agree that nuclear war ends much of life on Earth, but not Earth. I agree that a supernova may destroy much of life on Earth, but not Earth. That is not what I am talking about and if you read my response without your agenda glasses on you'd know that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Do we have the technology to identify a global extinction object that could possibly hit us within a 3 year period?

More than likely yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

And I most agree, 2012 has been seized by MSM. It's now perceived as a wacky theory supported by delusional people. They've reached their goal, thanks to the idiotic 2012 movie...

I am astonished - the MSM finally got something right. Truly amazing don't you agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Show me a large group of people from all round the world who all agree on what feb 27 next year world news headlines will be saying. Just because everyone's prediction is different, doesn't mean that they are all wrong.

According to your thinking here it means everyone is wrong or just 1 person is right. This is the trick of the fraud. You make an incredible number of predictions and if by luck 1 is right point to and cover up the million or so wrong statements and claim success. In the case of many 2012 hoaxes you simple see the recycled failures from the last hundred or more years recycled to yet another date.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i like the computer program reset idea!! i have thought about this many times before. there is really no way to prove otherwise. however, there are many ideas like this and i dont subscribe to this particular one. it is cool nevertheless.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by stereologist

This is the trick of the fraud. You make an incredible number of predictions and if by luck 1 is right point to and cover up the million or so wrong statements and claim success.

Who is making an incredible number of predictions? Who is this "you" that you speak of?

I'm not making an incredible number of predictions, I'm only making one prediction(in regards to 2012). Other people may or may not be making a forecast of their own that is different to mine but that's not my business. I'm not here to commit fraud, I'm just forecasting the future on an internet discussion forum that was made to do just that, and I'm making it very clear that I cannot know for sure if I am going to be right or wrong.

Some of us are just normal people you know. We aren't all part of some giant networked scheme to fool people ya know.
edit on 26-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i believe the saying is " I think though doth protesteth too much". Its been said before the people who believe the theory will not be swayed nor will the people who dont believe, yet we seem to keep going around in circles. The one thing that sticks out is both sides know the other wont budge but why do the people against it keep trying to debunk 2012 I get the people who believe are trying to warn out of concern. It seems very much to me that they are trying so hard to convince themselves rather than the people who subscribe to the theory. So how about it why do people such as the original poster keep making these posts if its so obvious to them its not gonna happen.

Now one thing I'd like to specifically address from the OP's post is number 2.

"2. The myans dont even say it will end. After they descendants of the myans who wrote the prophecy actualy heard that this is what people are saying they came forword to tell people that they misread the prophecy and that all it really means is that the calender just starts over nothing else."

true the mayans didnt say it they were murdered and most their books that would have said it were most likely destroyed. And of course the descendants say theres nothing to it because they just want to be left alone like any normal person. They probably got tired of people stopping their daily lives to tell them how the world is gonna end. I wish ATS would just delete all discussions on 2012 because they are self destructive but I can imagine they'd get blamed for a cover up.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
willing to bet 10k american that the world does not end in 2012....

Your 10k might not be worth much in December 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join