It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by connorromanow
This is going to be a longer post. Why do i think 2012 is bull
1. The cyclical timeline makes no sense. If this these disasters occur every 26 thousand years than life could never get terribly complex. Plain and simple if there is something powerful enough to wipe out all or most humans it is probably going to kill a fairly large degree of life. so if this happens at this frequeancy there would be way more than 6 recorded mass extinctions or life would have stayed extremly primative
2. The myans dont even say it will end. After they descendants of the myans who wrote the prophecy actualy heard that this is what people are saying they came forword to tell people that they misread the prophecy and that all it really means is that the calender just starts over nothing else.
3. no even agrees on what happens. There is just too much argument over what happens. I have heard everything from storms, fire, solar flares, tidal waves, aliens, comets, stars,other planets, pole shifts and that the earth is a computer program that will reset on that date.
4. The solar flares problem. NASA does say that there will be solar climax this happens every eleven years. Which means that this happened in 2001 did the world come to an end, no.
you can not say 2012 is bull because you are not a fortune teller and I am almost positive you do not have a crystal ball telling of the future. do not doubt something that could be a possibility because you are confused (and more then likely scared yourself) on what may or may not happen. really you shouldn't even worry about it or think about it until when/if it happens.
That being said though, there are some strange things happening in the world, none greater than all the animal die offs.
but lets not forget that the world can end at anytime for any reason. i am pretty sure the world won't end next year either, but no one knows. the world could be here today, and gone by tomorrow
Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by XelNaga
It's a common claim here at ATS that no one knows. Not true. Not true at all. Maybe the issue is that you do not know and that you are suggesting that if you do not know then no one knows. There are no global extinction objects headed at the Earth in the near future. We know that because we can view those objects far, far away. That does not mean it couldn't happen in the future, but it certainly won't be tomorrow, or next week, or next month.
Well what about next year? Do you think a month is enough? I don't know, what do you think? Do we have the technology to identify a global extinction object that could possibly hit us within a 3 year period?
So please find me some good evidence of this and i might be convinced
3. no even agrees on what happens.
What about a nuclear war? What about a star going supernova, throwing gamma rays at us? We don't know every star which have their poles headed towards us...What about a super massive solar flare frying all of our power grid? Yes, we don't know for sure when it's all going to end.
And I most agree, 2012 has been seized by MSM. It's now perceived as a wacky theory supported by delusional people. They've reached their goal, thanks to the idiotic 2012 movie...
Show me a large group of people from all round the world who all agree on what feb 27 next year world news headlines will be saying. Just because everyone's prediction is different, doesn't mean that they are all wrong.
This is the trick of the fraud. You make an incredible number of predictions and if by luck 1 is right point to and cover up the million or so wrong statements and claim success.