It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 2012 is a load of bull

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is going to be a longer post. Why do i think 2012 is bull

1. The cyclical timeline makes no sense. If this these disasters occur every 26 thousand years than life could never get terribly complex. Plain and simple if there is something powerful enough to wipe out all or most humans it is probably going to kill a fairly large degree of life. so if this happens at this frequeancy there would be way more than 6 recorded mass extinctions or life would have stayed extremly primative

2. The myans dont even say it will end. After they descendants of the myans who wrote the prophecy actualy heard that this is what people are saying they came forword to tell people that they misread the prophecy and that all it really means is that the calender just starts over nothing else.

3. no even agrees on what happens. There is just too much argument over what happens. I have heard everything from storms, fire, solar flares, tidal waves, aliens, comets, stars,other planets, pole shifts and that the earth is a computer program that will reset on that date.

4. The solar flares problem. NASA does say that there will be solar climax this happens every eleven years. Which means that this happened in 2001 did the world come to an end, no.

So please find me some good evidence of this and i might be convinced

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
right one more thing please do not use the whole other propghets say it because none of them gave specific dates

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

And here is another thing. If 2012 was real it will not happen in 2012 because our calender is out of sync by as much as 300 years. Do some research on the history of calenders and you will see that over the years that years have been added and taken away to the point that it seems that years are missing from history when it fact the dates just get messed with. There was a thread on ATS about this very thing. So even if the 2012 thing is right it could be years off if not decades.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
you can not say 2012 is bull because you are not a fortune teller and I am almost positive you do not have a crystal ball telling of the future. do not doubt something that could be a possibility because you are confused (and more then likely scared yourself) on what may or may not happen. really you shouldn't even worry about it or think about it until when/if it happens.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

good point there i forgot that one

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A voice of reason in the darkest troll material of the past year(s?). People, do more research, don't read and react in fear to everything you read.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

i dont beleive it will happen because my pendulem told me it wouldnt happen.
I am not doing this out of fear or confusion, I just think there needs to be a degree of rational thinking in saying that the world is ending in less than a year now

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree. However, I would like to add one more point if I may...

Hollywood has jumped on the 2012 bandwagon.

'Nuff said

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
willing to bet 10k american that the world does not end in 2012....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Men go and come, but Earth abides.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You know people throughout history have been predicting the end of the World. Most people usually apply the words of prophets of doom to fit any given scenario. Remember Nostardums' prediction that this will come in 1999? It didn't happen so now it applies to 2012.

Will someone please make their mind up and state exactly when the end of the World is going to happen, so I can get on with the rest of my life.

That being said though, there are some strange things happening in the world, none greater than all the animal die offs.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

If I took the bet won, wouldn't I still lose?

Heads I win tails, you lose right?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

but lets not forget that the world can end at anytime for any reason. i am pretty sure the world won't end next year either, but no one knows. the world could be here today, and gone by tomorrow

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
2012 will come and go. There will no doubt be some bad events but you will be able to chalk that up to Mother Nature or mankind's goal to destroy each other.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
First- There is no "prophecy". The calendar merely stops, or ends its cycle, meaning that you go back to the start.

Second- I don't believe in the concept of "prophecy" or "precognition" or the whole "psychic" load of garbage.

Now, the one thing that does seem to lend credence to the concept of the world ending on December 21st is the fact that my birthday is December 22nd. It would be just my luck for the world to end on the day before my birthday...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

On 1st January 2013 the 2012 doom-mongers will be recalculating a new end-of-world based on some other crack-pot theory. Possibly Atlantis and 2016 and a alien civilization en route on a planet called Xanadu.

It's all good for a laugh, except some people take it seriously.

Regards

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The intervals of major extinctions do not occur every 29 thousand years, that is on a cycle as well could be longer or shorter a plantery system that crosses our system there could be 3 passes before the eruption hits again, there is no modern recorded history untill now, there could be recorded history but it may be under water in one of those cities, that were not suppose to know about.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
the earth is a computer program that will reset on that date.

I haven't heard that one yet- do you have a link to a website about it or a book? I would like to read more about that theory....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
im sorry but did anyone read the thread : nasa confirms 2012 is the end ?
it was posted about 40 min ago and it had 10 replies and 2 flags,but when i clicked the link it was a 404 and then has dissapeard
if anyone read it pm me about what it said please ,and can i make a thread about this ?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
At the rate this world is going at we won't need no doomsday, we are creating our own self destruction right now and most don't even see it.

On 2012, it's a money maker from what I have seen. But im not a wizard, anything can happen at any moment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join