It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper commits treason. Signs secretive deal with U.S. to remove Canada's sovereignty.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip
I really hope that this is complete bull.

All the liberal news is calling it an agreement and a loss of Canadian souvereignty. It's actually a declaration from the two leaders saying that they want to work towards certain goals together, none of it will pass until a final agreement is actually reached and then both Parliament and the US congress will have to vote on it. The idea is to thin the border between the two nations eventually by having common methods of tracking cargo and people entering one nation so that once in one they could also travel to the other easier. Right now cargo going to Seattle has to be off loaded in Vancover BC and go through Canadian customs then it's shipped across the border where it goes through customs again. The idea would be once it went through Candian inspection for contraband and other "problems" then it would not need it again at the US border. We already as two nations worked a while back to haromize the codes used for customs paperwork (ie country of origin, and type of cargo) now rather than having two forms with identical codes you'd just have one common form.

Is it possible that it will "sell out" our or the American's sovereignty? Yes it is but it's way too early to be beating the drums and grabbing the pitchforks since there is no agreement or treaty yet it's just a declaration of a direction they want the two gov't to work in.

This is only news because someone in the liberal and NDP parties has decided to use it as an attack isssue in the upcoming federal ellections.

"They want as much as we can give them, and we're not going to give them as much as they want," Colin Robertson, the former Canadian diplomat who has been consulting with the Harper government on the issue, told The Canadian Press. "Homeland Security wanted access to all migration records and a whole bunch of other stuff. We said no," Robertson said.

You know it's going to be an attack issue in the election when the CBC article has 12 oppisition members interviewed and not one conservative.

www.canada.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Nope, has nothing to do with language, I'm French Canadian and I will tell you that the day Canada recognizes Quebec as a founding nation if Canada in it's Constitution will be the day you will never hear about Quebec referendums ever again. Of course the French language is to be preserved and emphasized upon as a primary tongue but let's face it the politics that surround that whole issue goes against that theory.

Oh please, tell that to the office de la langue francaises(OLF), so many language laws man
If it's only about recognizing it as a founding nation(which makes no sense) why all the stupid language laws forcing so many major company headquarters to relocate to Toronto or Vancouver?

Hell the french even wanted to get rid of China Town because all the signs are chinese, you give someone your business card and you could have gotten a fine if you gave your card in english and not in french, and not to mention all the stupid french letters in advertising and every business writings must be in french first and in larger fonts than the english signs, A bunch of BS!!!!

Or how national contests aren't eligible for quebecers again because of language laws, or when people used to go to the hospital but doctors used to refuse to help patients because they didn't speak french

It's all about language 101%

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Where do you live MordernAcademia ? Origins in Acadia ?

Born in Queens, raised in NY, currently in Montreal under an IT contract.
Going back to NY in about 1.5yrs or so

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hello guys i just want to tell you that i have posted this article on the Sarnia Observer website and wrote they should publish it .. plus some comments of my own .. i did my part to spread the word . because i cant stand the american government .. bunch of satanic illuminati cowards ... sold all their souls to the devil in turn for fame riches ..but will never be happy .. in turn they want to take the world and freedom from us .. i cant stand em, if i could i would walk in there with a nice Barret 50 Caliber all polished up and start taken em out one by one . i hope lucifer punishes all government officials .. all of them corrupt and do not care one bit about their nations, countries, enviornment , health nothing just themselves .. tainted by the devil ..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

See that's our biggest problem in Quebec, The Office de la langue Francaise is not part of any Government branch, it is a privately owned and funded organization that miss represents the majority of Francophone in and outside of Quebec.

Look at what Jean Charest just past in to his government. More English classes in French schools, I personally have no problem with it, the international language of commerce is English, there is no way to fight that and English should be learned starting at a young age.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I am unconcerned about the concept of the NAU. Sorry. It fails to make my blood boil.

Trade and such will happen. Having a say in it, that I find preferable to the alternatives. And having my elected representatives doing so is one way I can do that.

Exactly this is normal convergence....

Read up on the theory of convergence... it effects every part of your life

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Your both right, quebec wants to be recognized as a "nation" inside a "nation" so they can get federal hand outs use our currency, be dfended by the rest of us but would not have to follow the rest of the canadian laws. It's about language and discrimination by the french and needing the laws to overrule the constitution.

Of course there is the little issue of how the Quebec schools like to fake statistics in the text books to make it seem like Quebec supports the rest of Canada. Maclains magazine sued them a few years back for butting a chart from the magazine in a text book but swapping the alberta and Quebec lables on which province contributed what and which got the most hand outs.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Liberals have also been at the table about talks and agreements on NAU. If they got in next time, within the year they'd be at the table negotiating too.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder if that has set the precedent for this case in Ontario, which is outrageous and one unheard of before. There are family members who have advocated and fought for the right to take someone off life support, but not the medical team. Is this US type, Obama type death panels, on Canadian Soil. TREASON!!! Our medical system is not set up that way and its not going to be used that way.

That judge is going to be disbarred if he murders that child. Time to follow the news a little more I think, and see how this goes.

www.foxnews.com...

Talking about having this in place and budgets doesn't anything as this is not something that is in our country or news, so he must mean something in place more currently.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Harper can stand a good long stint in jail, I'm right for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Your both right, quebec wants to be recognized as a "nation" inside a "nation" so they can get federal hand outs use our currency, be dfended by the rest of us but would not have to follow the rest of the canadian laws. It's about language and discrimination by the french and needing the laws to overrule the constitution.

Of course there is the little issue of how the Quebec schools like to fake statistics in the text books to make it seem like Quebec supports the rest of Canada. Maclains magazine sued them a few years back for butting a chart from the magazine in a text book but swapping the alberta and Quebec lables on which province contributed what and which got the most hand outs.

Quebec never signed the constitution and should not have to obeyed by it. We are forced to have representation in Ottawa to even be heard and fight to keep our own native language. I encourage any other founding nation of this country to campaign and win seats in the house of communes so that they may have a voice amongst the every goring majority.

Did you know that B.C. has had a Separatist movement for longer than Quebec???

Have you also notice that every time a French Prime Minister is elected, the French Canadians get shafted. Have you ever notice that every time a French Prime minister is elected it's normally after a referendum or a major movement started in Quebec....Hummm Convenient isn't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No - I see you guys shaft yourselves all the time by creating an atmosphere that drives business and stability away from you. Which is impressive, since you live in an area that is far more likely to be a center for all that.

Entitlement issues. Particularly since those "French Prime Ministers" tend to have an overwhelming number of votes from Quebec.

You aren't forced to do anything. Every single Queber could stay home on voting day. Every single person could go in and spoil their ballot. The profoundness of this statement would echo through time itself.

But you don't. And you keep doing things to yourselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Come on guys this is old news.What do you think the free trade stuff was all about.So when you canadian guys come over here are you gonna shoot me......I've got beer.

Shoot you with what? We don't use guns in Canada, but i could flick a beer cap at you...

Speaking of which...we don't like your beer...so that won't stop us if we do come.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Naaaaa man I got canadian beer ....best beer in the world I don't drink our crap either what would be the point water comes out of the tap.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by Akragon

Naaaaa man I got canadian beer ....best beer in the world I don't drink our crap either what would be the point water comes out of the tap.
Sorry dude, but the Irish and the Germans both make better beer.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.German and irish beer is good too ,however I like canadian beer. Particularly molson stock ale mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

You made some good points here. It would be wonderful if that was going to happen, but we got to grab the bull by the horns first I think, because they be putting up a mean fight. Unfortunately their plans don't include peace, love and harmony.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

I live in Alberta, and we've had a few US reps up here recently visiting the oil sands projects. I don't remember reading any comments after the visit, so I can't say what transpired or will transpire out of that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

We have recognized Quebec as a co-founding nation of Canada. We learned all that in history class. Just like we respect the chinese, east indians, africans, and just about every other nationality in this great country. Everyone in the world is well aware of Quebec, so how about just getting on the team already!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by eArth33lr

OK, I read the story. The only problem is, the writer (from the link) gives no sources or basis for his information. Canada is just fine as is America, and their is no need for either side to conform to the other. For the writer to solely blame all behind the scenes activities on America, is a red flag itself. It shows me that people are just looking for someone to blame. We have all hard or this NAU. But, this is such a bad idea in all respects, it gains absolutely nothing in being implemented. Business or other. I have to say that this thing is not what it seems and grants further investigation. From my sources, they want to build ONE major freeway that will allow faster free trade and not affect the borders or the lives and differences of countries. This was the first PUBLIC story I read many many years ago on this NAU.

I will remain open though, and think this grants further investigation.

I pray for a positive outcome for us in this, we need to get the message out and really push our mp's hard to put a stop to this immediately. They want to integrate everything eventually, especially security, RCMP/FBI, trade, currency, you name it. It may not happen overnight, but will in quick stages.

Someone posted earlier links to additional sources on page 1 or 2 I believe

edit on 25-2-2011 by eArth33lr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Thank you for that. I needed a level headed explanation for what the immediate impact would be, and I really appreciate the reply
. After being on ATS for awhile, you end up getting ready for the "SHTF" moment, but it's nice to be reminded that these things usually go at a slow pace. Frog soup right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join