It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper commits treason. Signs secretive deal with U.S. to remove Canada's sovereignty.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Well I'm not totally sure yet, unfortunately. But spreading the news and trying to get people to email their MP's is a start. On both sides of the border that is. I think we all as Canadians and Americans need to bind together on this. Will it turn into another Egypt or Libya of late? Who knows, but we need to demand our MP's take action on this.
Let's just hope democracy is on our side for a change!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

People listen.. Canada would have to settle its land claims with the Aboriginal population, prior to attempting to make any kind of changes.. I can assure you and bet my life on it, that this would never happen..
Aboriginals have been waiting far too long to settle land disputes... and if you ask me.. No First Nations person would ever agree to this... I think this story is seriously FAKE

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

I've called and emailed my MP twice already today. I'll add this to my next one.

I like my country the way it is and I'm not prepared to have our sovereignty taken away.

If this passes through parliament, if this doesn't become a no confidence vote, I may need to begin an Egyptian style protest in my own small part of this country.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

We need to bind together to fight our elected representatives looking at issues that bind us together?

I'm feeling the irony.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

I agree Darryl but do you really think the natives would have any say at all when it comes right down to the meat of it? When the natives stood in the way (a long time ago mind you) in the US, I'm pretty sure they slaughtered most of them didn't they? I think if the US wants their land bad enough, they'll get it one way or another.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

ok sorry to say this but.... DONT BE SOO STUPID.. you know we Canadians dont PROTEST.. sheeesh.. when was the last time you saw one here? maybe Universities do, but honestly CANADA doesn't Protest... we have laws... we have order... were the greatest nation on this planet

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Have you looked around? There are more and more of US everyday... were rebuilding our Nation... Trust me In a Metis Demographic were 1 million strong as it is... the First Nations, Metis, Inuit peoples of Canada would have a say for sure

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I thought Canada was already our 51st State.

My bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Well I hope you guys are ready for a fight, because that's what it may come to and we're all gonna have to take these goons on!!
Peace to you my friend

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
reply to post by the cynic jester

ok sorry to say this but.... DONT BE SOO STUPID.. you know we Canadians dont PROTEST.. sheeesh.. when was the last time you saw one here? maybe Universities do, but honestly CANADA doesn't Protest... we have laws... we have order... were the greatest nation on this planet

were the greatest nation on this planet

Yes Canada was not anymore sadly the conditions of living in canada isn't good.

but honestly CANADA doesn't Protest... we have laws... we have order

I guess you dont mind if canada loses of the freedom? let the government control over your lives, its time to fight for your own personal freedoms canadians.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

www.google.com... nce-plan-for-canada-u-s-trade-border-security&rct=j&q=harper-obama%20agreement&ei=dfJmTZysOsfOtweQi63mAw&usg=AFQjCNFsDyDoTD1IZl51rCwlANi4HMuLMA&sig2=I Vqp-fSleRKR9k7s3CVfDA&cad=rja

lecanadian.com... stiny-and-empire/

3 canadian articles say its true

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.......

Seriously... I hate to play devils advocate here but.. The economy is in the toilet, jobs are going to China, Mexico is in a state of disarray, What really does it hurt to have an economic and security partnership with our neighbor. Hell maybe it will open up new jobs and help us get back on our feet.

I see nothing wrong unless it turns into a military dictatorship bent on world destruction, and the collective masses of Canada and The United States would really never allow that to happen.

Edit to add: the article is fear mongering as well, the US has a ton of untapped Oil reserves, we really don't NEED to invade or assume control of Canadian interests....
edit on 24-2-2011 by vkey08 because: added a line

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I am unconcerned about the concept of the NAU. Sorry. It fails to make my blood boil.

Trade and such will happen. Having a say in it, that I find preferable to the alternatives. And having my elected representatives doing so is one way I can do that.

I'm sorry, but most Canadians don't like the way Amercians view politics as a whole. We are Federalists, believing in Universal Programs, which we support, much more like Norway than you can ever imagine adn consider it dishonorable to not look after your own. Peroid. There is no way your country is going to merge with mine.

Treason is a crime. The contract is nullified by one illegal clause in it. That is basic law. He will go to jail. There is no debate.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Harper can't do anything like that without the OK of the opposition parties, and there are 3 of them. Plus the Queen.

If it turned out that he did sign something without the rest of our government knowing, it would be illegal, and an election would be called. Immediately.

We don't have to wait up here for the end of his term, if our PM doesn't behave, we call an election and he would be gone before you could blink. Seriously, that's how fast our elections can be done. Our election process is very uncomplicated compared to the US. We'd probably have in someone new in about 2 or 3 months.

Plus he didn't sign anything in secrecy, it was in the news.
www.thestar.com...

In the news even before the signing.
www.nationalpost.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I see your Press Core and raise you the Winnipeg Free Press: US Border Deal Not About Sovereignty

Besides, Harper doesn't have the authority to pass such a deal. He only has a minority. I know, it says that he's pushing it through quickly, before Parliament and the people can realize what he's doing, but it doesn't work like that. Parliament would never concede sovereignty just because Harper has signed some illegal treaty with Obama any more than Congress would, and the people would certainly never go for it. If Harper did such a thing, he may just risk becoming the first Canadian Prime Minister to ever be assassinated. Brian Mulroney tested people's patience, but this would be an act of treason and he would never survive it, politically, and maybe literally.
It's not happening. Yet, anyway.

Neither would the sitting president of the united states. State after state would ceede. There would be an instant revolution.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Any clauses dissolving or even watering down or affecting our sovereignity is illegal whether its a majority Gov or minority, the whole contract is null and void. And that goes for NAFTA too!

All I see is what happened at Nurmeberg with the Germans. A whole lot of CRIMES detailed as "laws" with signature, Confessions on them.

And the US black ops can take their death star and put it where the sun don't shine because USE IT IF YOU TALK SO BIG, BUT WE AREN"T GOING UNDER YOUR THUMB. Use it or LOSE IT! I call your bluff in spades, because you know what, I would rather the sun supernova'd than your crapola sees the light of day.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Don't mistake apathy for complete obedience.
Sure this country is full of nice law abiding citizens.
But take away their identity as a nation, and you'll set off a powder keg.
There isn't much that binds us together, however being Canadian is important to us all.
It might not work but maybe we need a good protest.

I agree with many of the posters who say Harper cannot do this. We'll need to wait till the opposition gets wind of this especially the bloc.

(remember we could stop shipping oil to the states and see who else will buy it)

edit on 24-2-2011 by the cynic jester because: Tucker Carlson deserves to be covered in tar and feathers

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well as any true hockey fan would tell u, and their are a few of those in Canada, watching the "Heritage" cup on t.v Montreal against Calgary, the AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM was sung FIRST, and there was not even an AMERICAN team playing???? All the rules of Hockey protecol right out the window,, and just who's heritage?? hockey Canada's Heritage,, so American Anthem, being sung at ALL?? very strange,, but i see now why,, apparently Alberta with all that Oil and Gas apparently, they got the Anthems in correct order.

sad,sad,sad,

edit on 24-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

ASS.. we love you Americans and all but your like our small retarded sister..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is definately Harpers wet dream this should happen.
The man is insufferable!
This is right up his slimy alley.
If the opposition does not bring this minority goverment down forthwith, they too are traitors to our nation.
It is our turn now to refuse to play these stupid games.
Mulrooney is a shyster, But Harper is the worst kind of garbage to ever become a prime minister.!
McKenzie King is rolling in his grave!
This simply cannot pass!
Who would want to climb into bed with the ugliest collection of corporate whores ever assembled? oh yeah Harper.........I pray he does the Mussolini swing before the summer!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join