It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
yawn, i work in construction in nyc, and we never hire union. why? because its mafia run, their demands are ridiculous, and we wouldn't make a profit. so ... they went to far, got corrupt, and now the people are saying "enough is enough".

How does that relate to Fox News distorting poll information to favor their own agenda?

Also, how does your experience with NYC Unions in the construction trades relate to teachers, firefighters and prison guards in Wisconsin being denied the right to collective bargaining?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

i think thats what most people are seeing, especially with the labor unions polling at ALL TIME LOWS!

until youve had to live and try to do business in one of the boroughs or in new jersey, you will never understand how corrupt and thieving these union people are.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
the burden of proof rests with the accuser. the "doctored" photos have been repeatedly shown to be the work of operatives in the pay of soros-funded "progressive" leaning splinter organizations. neither i, nor fox news, have any responsibility for disproving those patently and obviously false allegations.

Ok, I guess I might be missing something.. so Fox news took photos released by 'soros-funded "progressive" leaning splinter organizations' and are airing them? what? Or are you saying that the video footage available on Youtube regarding the "attack dogs" conversation was altered?

I am not attempting to be smarmy.. I am truely wondering how this is purported to have played out according to your comments.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is rich. First, this statement:

the burden of proof rests with the accuser.

followed by this entirely usubstantied claim:

the "doctored" photos have been repeatedly shown to be the work of operatives in the pay of soros-funded "progressive" leaning splinter organizations.

And then...

neither i, nor fox news, have any responsibility for disproving those patently and obviously false allegations.

If they are 'obviously false', and have been " repeatedly shown to be the work of operatives", then show the proof. to back up your claim, as the person you are responding to has.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am a union boilermaker welder(local 453) and i am totally against government workers unionizing. They have overpaid cushy jobs and are killing us real taxpayers. These paper pushers need to get a real job so they can be grateful and humble. They only pay 25% of what us private sector workers pay in health care and only 20% of what we pay for our retirement. We are broke! I think they need to wake up and quit acting like spoiled brats. It's a # sandwich and everyone is gonna have to take a bite(except the politicians and bankers of course).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Can you please answer my question. There are numerous videos showing an actual program that aired on Fox. The program contained doctored photos of two democrats that they clearly don't like. How are these videos false? Is there an alternate version that you've seen that have the undoctored photos?

I've shown you the proof, so the burden doesn't rest on me. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong. I am not just defending my position, I'm trying to get to the bottom of things, and I believe that this is where we differ.

(MSNBC)

Please refute, or concede that you are wrong. You will probably be seen as a troll in the eyes of everyone reading this if you can't back up your claims.

Please note that Fox could sue the hell out of MSNBC if they were blatantly lying.

(in all seriousness, I would like to know if this is a left wing ploy and would like to see the evidence.)
edit on 23-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
I am a union boilermaker welder(local 453) and i am totally against government workers unionizing. They have overpaid cushy jobs and are killing us real taxpayers.

"Real taxpayers'. That's funny.

These paper pushers need to get a real job so they can be grateful and humble.

Indeed. Paper pushers like firefighters. They should be GRATEFUL they get to put out our fires.

They only pay 25% of what us private sector workers pay in health care and only 20% of what we pay for our retirement. We are broke!

Facts elude you. Wisconsin was in a budget SURPLUS, until the Governor decided to hand it out to his rich friends.

I think they need to wake up and quit acting like spoiled brats. It's a # sandwich and everyone is gonna have to take a bite(except the politicians and bankers of course).

Someone wanting a reasonable wage is 'spoiled'? I sincerely doubt you are part of a union.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by inkyminds

Someone needs to get his fcats straight before going over the daily kos talking points.

politifact.com...

As for tax breaks. Again, do your research. It was not for cronies, as you say, but for new businesses coming into WI.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
See the thread I started earlier today

How to retaliate to MSM disinformation and lies

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can't and won't defend this one as far as FoxNews is concerned. I do hope however that all of you will be equally brutal and honest about the Soros operations. Unless you are, you're phony too.

I am heartened to see it's starting to sink in to people that both the Right and Left lie all of the time to us. Perhaps some Partisans will wake up to that fact. You simply can not trust either side or anyone who is in lockstep with any Party.

These things should unite us, but so many are so immersed in Party Politics, all people do is keep playing the old childhood game of, yeah but look what he did.

Right and Left are traps and very effective traps at that. Anyone who is not equally pissed off at the Left and the Right, is not paying attention I'm afraid. Party Politics is the problem. These things are just symptoms of the disease.

Divide and Conquer. Always works.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Wow! You're the one who said:

the "doctored photos" were indeed created by a tides foundation splinter group. none of them were ever aired on fox news.

You were asked to prove YOUR claim and you go on about how much of a critical thinking person you are? And if you're so logical and full of critical thinking, why would you ever say a statement like this to support your argument: "everyone that matters knows it"?

You made a claim, support it. Someone made a claim about the videos. They supported the claim. Your turn.

edit on 23-2-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Again, the topic of this threat is not unions.

A bit thick, eh?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

LOL!!!

Is Faux news up to their propaganda and brainwashing shenanigans for all to see, yet again?

It just doesn't stop, EVER,

CPAC

The real shiz is the reaction from the viewer base here,,, they don't care,,, one bit

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I can't and won't defend this one as far as FoxNews is concerned. I do hope however that all of you will be equally brutal and honest about the Soros operations. Unless you are, you're phony too.

I am heartened to see it's starting to sink in to people that both the Right and Left lie all of the time to us. Perhaps some Partisans will wake up to that fact. You simply cannot trust either side or anyone who is in lockstep with any Party.

These things should unite us, but so many are so immersed in Party Politics, all people do is keep playing the old childhood game of, yeah but look what he did.

Right and Left are traps and very effective traps at that. Anyone who is not equally pissed off at the Left and the Right, is not paying attention I'm afraid. Party Politics is the problem. These things are just symptoms of the disease.

Divide and Conquer. Always works.

"all people do is keep playing the old childhood game of, yeah but look what he did."

Ya look at your second sentence

Why don't you ever acknowledge your own bias?

I am biased - I actually think FOX is the worst BECAUSE they are a singular voice and feed the largest
Market base in the news media spectrum. There is ZERO diversity because it is a basic monopoly in the audience it services; also, ironically enough, the opposite of individualism, it is mechanical, methodical programming. Honestly it shows here

with the

SOROS
ACORN
DON'T LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE
MY MUSLIM FAITH
ETC...
ETC...

There is an entire FOX based lexicon

and many use it (I notice you do too, and have since 2008 at least)

not only that, barrow the cognitive dissonance

this is the really BAD part about FOX

They provide EVERYONES OPINION

FOX is a corporatist entity -

More than just a corporate entity

FOX is a PRO CORPORATION entity

There is a difference

edit on 24-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The vast majority of us here are equally "brutal" no matter who does the lying, misleading, error making. To imply otherwise is, frankly, insulting. It's not our fault that Fox happens to be guilty of some or all of the above far more often than most of the others combined.

It is, however, interesting to note that some small subgroup of people here do constantly and consistently react to any reports of X doing "whatever" with immediate cries of "well Y does it too," even when totally unrelated and totally off topic (Both X and Y being your choice of Fox/CNN/MSNBC/Breitbart/Limbaugh/Maltin/Maddow/Beck/Olberman/Blah/Any Dem/Any Rep/Any liberal/Any conservative). They, however, are not the norm.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

if they erred, they issued a retraction. is this any different than what the new york times or the washington post does...three or four days later and at the bottom of page d36.

What were you watching? That was clearly a lie. When they issue the "retraction" he clearly takes the blame and says he read it wrong.

Really?

So did him reading it wrong make the graphic wrong by magic?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

lol, obviously it's true.

people are stupid. really stupid.

so stupid, cows make fun of us.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by tonypazzohome

i think thats what most people are seeing, especially with the labor unions polling at ALL TIME LOWS!

until youve had to live and try to do business in one of the boroughs or in new jersey, you will never understand how corrupt and thieving these union people are.

Of course unions are at a all time low the Republicans have been demonizing unions ever since that union breaker Regan was in office. And not all unions are thieving and corrupt but if they are it's usually because the people they are dealing with are thieving and corrupt. Also you should watch Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism it show just how much a joke FOX is as a news service.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

the "doctored photos" were indeed created by a tides foundation splinter group. none of them were ever aired on fox news.

I, as well, am interesting in your explanation about how the photos which are documented as having aired on Fox were never aired on Fox.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Since they admitted a correction while still on the air, I wonder? Are any of those posters on this thread, man enough to admit, that they jumped to conclusions?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join