It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

You mean the prior Gov.? Because Walker JUST took office. You really need to read more. Unions have destroyed states. All these states that are broke are big union states.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

You mean the prior Gov.? Because Walker JUST took office. You really need to read more. Unions have destroyed states.

Really? I find that hard to believe,Can you explain to me how Unions have single-handedly destroyed any states, and which ones?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

All other news channels here side with the Left. Fox is the only one that sides with both.
BTW, newspapers all over our country print retractions and corrections every day. Other news affiliates make mistakes all the time. Last year, MSNBC was caught airing a video that showed a man holding an AK 47 at a Tea Party rally and the reporter had some lovely comments to make as well about the racist factor at the rallies, well when you see the real uncroped version, it just so happens to be a black man at the rally holding his gun, they completely distorted the truth.
I'm so sick of the right vs left thing I could puke. The government won't be happy till they start a civil war.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by henriquefd

All other news channels here side with the Left.

Define 'left'. I'd say most commercial media is quite corporate, which is very far from 'left'.

Fox is the only one that sides with both.

"Both sides"

Examples, please.

BTW, newspapers all over our country print retractions and corrections every day. Other news affiliates make mistakes all the time. Last year, MSNBC was caught airing a video that showed a man holding an AK 47 at a Tea Party rally and the reporter had some lovely comments to make as well about the racist factor at the rallies, well when you see the real uncroped version, it just so happens to be a black man at the rally holding his gun, they completely distorted the truth.

Yes, I remember that and feeling it was transparently manipulative.

Are you saying that MSNBC doing it makes it 'okay' for Fox to do it? They are examples of an obvious attempt at misrepresenting a situation for political gain. You excuse one, while condemning another.

I'm so sick of the right vs left thing I could puke. The government won't be happy till they start a civil war.

Wait... 'the government' is the one promoting this 'left right thing'? While you're decrying the 'Left"? You at least see the irony, right?
edit on 25-2-2011 by inkyminds because: code

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Just to clarify a bit, unions are clearly not the only cause but, all the billions in benefits has caused a lot of it.
Let's see... off the top of my head
Mass.- Big unions= Broke
Michigan- Big unions=Broke (Automotive unions destroyed Detroit)
Cal. -Big unions= Broke
Ohio- Big unions =Broke
Rhode island-Big unions=Broke
NY -Big unions=Broke
Jersey-Big unions=Broke
Conn-.Big unions=Broke

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

"Both sides"

They have Mr. Colmes on every day and he is far left.
Now, please show me examples in my reply that I said it's ok for others to distort things.

Wait... 'the government' is the one promoting this 'left right thing'? While you're decrying the 'Left"? You at least see the irony, right?

What? that makes no sense at all, calm down and please explain so I can answer you.
edit on 26-2-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

Go back to school and get an education.

Please, spare us the details about Mr.Hoffa.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Colmes is a puppet that Hannity uses/used to his maximum benefit.

Fox is the channel for people who refuse to think.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

CNN and MSNBC are channels for people that don't think.
See? Works both ways.
Dumb.
Please post your puppet evidence so it doesn't look like your just lashing out at anyone that disagrees with the lefties.
edit on 26-2-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Just to clarify a bit, unions are clearly not the only cause but, all the billions in benefits has caused a lot of it.
Let's see... off the top of my head
Mass.- Big unions= Broke
Michigan- Big unions=Broke (Automotive unions destroyed Detroit)
Cal. -Big unions= Broke
Ohio- Big unions =Broke
Rhode island-Big unions=Broke
NY -Big unions=Broke
Jersey-Big unions=Broke
Conn-.Big unions=Broke

I see. SO it's a simple correlation. I was looking for actual evidence that pensions agreed upon by both parties and paid into by both parties has 'bankrupted' ANY state.

So, can you tell me how ANY of those unions (and which ones, by the way), SPECIFICALLY, lead to the budget shortfalls of those states?

If it's simply correlation, you might as well blame blonds, or people with shoes. Those states have those too.
edit on 26-2-2011 by inkyminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

"Both sides"

They have Mr. Colmes on every day and he is far left.

THAT's your answer to how fox covers 'Both Sides" "Colmes"? Are you trying to be satirical?

Now, please show me examples in my reply that I said it's ok for others to distort things.

You quite clearly implied it by trotting out manipulations by "MSNBC" as some sort of defense fo FOX news quite clearly INTENTIONALLY distorting information as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Do your own homework. I don't have time to list out every single state budget, are you nuts? Some of us sleep you know.
And where is your example I asked for showing I was defending Fox, I'm still waiting for that.
This is not about the workers, it's about the crooks in charge of the unions. Collective bargining is how the unions hold states' hostage.
Well, back to you guys so you can keep watch out for stupid reporter mistakes while the entire world changes before our eyes.
I guess this is more important, huh?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Colmes was just one example, hateful. With every political story, they present one from the left and right. You'd know that if you ever watched it.
So me pointing out that all the news media distorts things means I was defending Fox and the Right?
Now who's distorting things?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You think the public is in love with oil companies right now? You don't think Enron helped bring the economy down?

Do you really believe unions brought down the economy?

Funny I don't think Enron, AGI or most banks are unionized?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

With every political story, they present one from the left and right. You'd know that if you ever watched it.

They do? Every one?

Can you provide some examples?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Do your own homework. I don't have time to list out every single state budget, are you nuts? Some of us sleep you know.

So you want ME to research the evidence for YOUR opinions?

"Burden of Proof" is a phrase you may want to research.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You mean the prior Gov.? Because Walker JUST took office. You really need to read more. Unions have destroyed states. All these states that are broke are big union states.

No the unions haven't destroyed states. The states and Wall Street stole the unions' pensions and now they can't pay the pensions and so there has to be pension "reform." But there cannot be "reform" until the unions are gone or stripped of their bargaining rights. Anyone out there who can't see that the decline of unions is directly proportional to the decline of jobs and wages in this country is ignorant. All this discussion here as of late is too complicated to throw up smokescreens. The reality is really much simpler.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Fox News lying. Big Surprise.

Move along people, quite literally, nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's just like when the tax cut extensions were passed by Congress / Senate.

Just before the tax cuts, both FOX and CNN were running polls showing that over 75% of the American public were "strongly against" the tax cut extension for the rich.

However, less than 24 hours after the cuts were extended, over 70% of Americans were now mysteriously "supportive of the economic measures needed to extend the tax cuts for the richest Americans".

The sheeple are being led by their nose rings by the MSM, and are being lied to and manipulated time and time again.

My guess is that once sanctions are reintroduced worldwide against Libya, there will be polls showing how "the Libyan Government has shown that it can't join the world community" despite them saying the exact opposite when the same countries (USA, Britain etc) pushed for sanction to be revoked in the first place, so their corporations could sell arms and exploit the oil reserves of the country.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Oh how fun...let's wait and see the Fox News lovers come to try to defend this.

Just an "honest mistake"....lol...you can even see and hear the reporter trip up on his words because he is so nervous. Probably because he knew he was lying like a rug.

Even some Republicans are aware that the Saudis have some controlling interest

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join