It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

www.rawstory.com

A new poll was released Wednesday showing the public strongly supports union bargaining rights by a two-to-one margin. The Fox News Channel’s “Fox and Friends” program displayed and voiced the results of the poll backwards, in a way that depicts the public as strongly opposed to unions.

Could this be another “honest mistake” by the conservative network? Or something else?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
LOL!!!

Is Faux news up to their propaganda and brainwashing shenanigans for all to see, yet again?

Or was this an "honest" mistake, like they claimed for the Ron Paul CPAC "booing" they "innocently" inserted in the WRONG video sequence?

Does ANYBODY trust ANY of these corpomedia public brainwashing outlets anymore?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh how fun...let's wait and see the Fox News lovers come to try to defend this.

Just an "honest mistake"....lol...you can even see and hear the reporter trip up on his words because he is so nervous. Probably because he knew he was lying like a rug.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oh boy. Desperate times call for desperate measures? What the hell is wrong with those people at Fox? Do they think we're stupid? Wait...no need to answer that. Of course they do.

Here's the MediaMatters take on it...same story. mediamatters.org...
edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
honest mistake? ha did they have a six year old read them the results? i gotta say its more likely this was a mistake than adding a second audio feed with well timed booing to the ron paul cpac footage. but still, unless the person responsible for giving them there info was illiterate and couldn't read simple numbers than there is no way it was a mistake. as we all know fox has been giving false information for many many years. i dont trust the news they report so i sure wont trust there excuses.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Another day, another blatant lie from the propaganda machine that is Fox "news".

Goebbels had nothing on Rupert Murdoch.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The problem here is that some X number of Americans now believe this to be true and will start littering the airwaves and consciousness with t his as they blog away on their keyboards.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The problem here is that some X number of Americans now believe this to be true and will start littering the airwaves and consciousness with t his as they blog away on their keyboards.

Right, and this is obviously another blatant example of how the internet is full of trash and why we should watch more TV.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, Fox is sticking to the same plan as Koch's own "Patriot Action Network", it doesn't matter if the fake/altered/blatant lie is uncovered, as it will stick in the minds of those who saw/read/viewed it - as they have said here:

[...] Our goal is to make the gathering look as greedy and goonish as we know that it is, ding their credibility with the media and exploit the lazy reporters who just want dramatic shots and outrageous quotes for headlines. Even if it becomes known that we are plants the quotes and pictures will linger as defacto truth.

Fox knows this, it's why the play these games, constantly showing misleading titles, fake news stories, blatant lies, then IF they get caught, offer a weak apology that then re-shows the same lies. People only remember the initial few seconds of a news snippet, without ever once applying a shred of critical thinking to the topic.

Fox LIES. And there is an AGENDA behind these lies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Haha. No. Just be careful not to believe everything that goes viral just because it goes viral is the message here.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i don't think the report was dishonest or disingenuous at all.

that labor unions are at an all time low in terms of public perception is fact. look at the poll results - straight from the horse's mouth...

Gallup Polls - Labor Unions' Sharp Decline in Support

These results are from the 2009 installment of Gallup's annual Work and Education survey, conducted Aug. 6-9. The 48% of Americans now approving of unions represents the first sub-50% approval since Gallup first asked the question in the 1930s. The previous low was 55%, found in both 1979 and 1981.

The percentage saying unions mostly hurt the companies where workers are organized has risen from 39% in 2006 to 46% in the latest poll. As a result, Americans are now evenly divided over whether unions mostly help or mostly hurt these companies, whereas in all previous measures the balance of opinion was positive.

There has been an even larger jump in the percentage saying labor unions mostly hurt the U.S. economy, from 36% in 2006 to 51% today. This is the first time since the question was established in 1997 that more Americans have said unions hurt rather than help the economy. Americans' general concerns about the current state of the economy could certainly be a factor in these more negative views of unions, in addition to specific perceptions about unions.

in a nutshell, labor unions are at their least popular point in the view of the American public since the gallup people started polling about unions in the 1930s.

your rank and file tax payer out there - especially independents - are less likely to view labor unions as a positive and more likely to view them as a negative, in terms of their impact on their lives and the economy in general.

people more and more are denying the ignorance the progressive labor union thugs have been trying to force feed them for the past 70 or so years.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

This thread is about Fox misrepresenting the fact about a particular poll, not unions.

There are a dozen or more other threads that have turned into this same discussion about unions. We could all go there to read your thoughts about them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't ever think I'll get over these.

Is there a place that keeps note of all of their 'honest mistakes'? I bet the compiled list would be very long and very biased. I'm giving stars for good lists

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

well, what i will do is point out that there was no misrepresentation. none at all. the poll numbers are crystal clear....at least to anyone who can read.

unions are on the way out.

everybody knows it. the problem is the union thugs don't want to acknowledge it. their time has come and gone.

they were able to twist arms and obtain concessions from fragile, vote-grubbing lawmakers when the gravy train was running along at a good pace. now that the gravy train has slowed to a halt, folks have come to recognize that unions are indeed nothing more than corrupt relics of a by-gone era.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

lol...im willing to bet good money those silly pictures were doctored by moveon.org or somebody at the huffington post in order to cause their own little custom tailored scandal.

good try, though!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by jessejamesxx

lol...im willing to bet good money those silly pictures were doctored by moveon.org or somebody at the huffington post in order to cause their own little custom tailored scandal.

good try, though!

How much were you betting? U2U me for my paypal info

www.youtube.com...

There are a 100 more sources with the original footage too.
edit on 23-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but all the MSM, spin, twist and distort the truth....They all DO! So why would this next magic show supplied by Fox be any different, than what we see on a daily basis by CNN, MSNBC and the like?

The MSM rhetoric is old, and tired....and I for one, would just assume discuss something of value....
edit on 23-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What the hell is wrong with that country. Jesus its like everybody is out to get the people for no good reason...

I guess that goes for a lot of countries though, COUGHstephenharperCOUGH

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

But Fox is undoubtedly the worst, whether they all do it or not.

Anyways, that's not what's important here. What's important is that we catch each time they do this, and make the general public aware. We need to compile huge lists of the manipulators & undeniable proof to wake up the couch zombies that take all of this garbage in, and spew it back out in defense of their political position.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

You have misunderstood the topic.

Gallup conducted a poll as reported here in USA today. Here are the results—33% favor taking bargaining rights away.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5da688b92651.png[/atsimg]

FoxNews, however, reported this as shown in the video here. Here's what they showed—61% favor taking bargaining rights away. They reversed it. You can listen to what he said at the link.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e4a0349b707.png[/atsimg]

See the problem? That's what this thread is about. And whether this was shoddy work or intentional, Fox blows.

Also? The three colors USA Today used do make it hard to see, so someone at Fox may well have made an honest mistake here if they just looked at the chart. However, they should have read the story

edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join