It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

A soul is not a viable law making standard. Religion has no place in the rule of law.

Consciousness is not a standard either, as it is a purely homo-centric argument.

The fact is that it is a termination of a unique individual human. It's lineage no more. Thus, it is in every sense murder.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychedelicSam

I did answer this earlier.
I don't eat meat

edit on 24/2/2011 by geekyone because: forgot to put something

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
I A person doesn't need to live off another persons body to survive.

So are you also saying that a baby that hasn't been weaned isn't a person because it lives off another persons body

edit on 24/2/2011 by geekyone because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Because I'm male it would be extremely inappropriate for me to assume 'ifs' and 'buts'. As other people have stated we live in a free society, where we make our own choices.. if we abortions were made illegal then a other people have stated they'll still happen.

Maybe the experience of having an abortion would make the woman a better mother in the longterm, because the feeling of guilt and remorse of possibly losing the child would make her more determined to have a baby when she's ready and prepared for such a thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Maybe the experience of having an abortion would make the woman a better mother in the longterm, because the feeling of guilt and remorse of possibly losing the child would make her more determined to have a baby when she's ready and prepared for such a thing.

I like your post.

But - please don't assume any/all women feel guilt or remorse of losing a child - - because they abort.

That is just not the case.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by kevinunknown

No, I don't.

BUT, I would condone some form of medical sterilization until such time as an individual or couple can meet guidelines that would establish a 'right to reproduce'.

So that's not a basic human right? Wow, I'm not sure what country you live in, but I definitely don't want to live there... While I FEEL that some people shouldn't reproduce, I don't think that anyone should be denied the right to have kids...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoloft
The problem is its being completley abused. I know a girl that is 27 now and she has had 3 abortions, she has never been raped she's just a slut. The fact remains no matter how you dress it, it's murder.

That's not a fact. That's your opinion. The fact is that it's an abortion and you feel that it is murder. Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The amount of references to it being strictly the woman's responsibility for having sex, for spreading her legs on this thread is appalling. We have a society of dead beat dads who do not participate in any way in actually raising the children they father and you wonder why some women choose to abort?

Wake up and stop living in your self righteous utopia. I hope the men on this thread who have show such utter disrespect for women are 'blessed' by a woman THEY knocked up with THEIR peckers , by dropping off a child they didn't choose to abort off on their doorsteps to raise by themselves. Perhaps their attitudes would slightly improve in some cases. And since it's wishful thinking, I hope those children they are blessed with go to very expensive colleges, are collic during their entire first year, and all have ADHD. Enjoy boys, you want motherhood so badly as it is murder to not give a child the right. Put your money where your mouths are, cause talk is real cheap.

Matter of fact I think that's answer....all women who do not want to mother said child, don't abort it, make the father actually be a father, reverse the roles, let them see how easy it is to do it alone, let them nurture and support the child soley on their own. Problem solved, no need for abortion and if a man doesn't want to father a child, well he shouldn't have sex. Right?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by DaWhiz
reply to post by romanmel

But have you stopped having sex?
No sex, no baby, no abortion, no murdering Dr.'s.
Why don't men ever say this? Because deep down you still think it's your right to control by brute force.
Just that simple.

No conception, no abortion. Have sex all you want.

Oops, condom broke, oops forgot pill, oops, IUD fell out.............there is no sure 100% protection against pregnancy except abstinence. And, since women are the gate keepers (except for a man using brute force to rape), then perhaps women should just say "no" from now on.

Thank you for taking just one of half a dozen I posted to comment on.

Had you taken the time to see what else I posted, then you would have understood my remarks.

But, to keep it tidy, the jist is that every man and woman (around puberty) should be medically sterilized. You can bet that this is 100% as abstinence is not 100% simply because most people are not going to practice this no matter how much education you put in front of them.

Human beings are selfish, greedy little things that give into their desires.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by PsychedelicSam
Just wanted to ask this outta curiosity.

How many of you anti-abortionists are vegetarians?

Not me..what's your point???

If it helps...I don't eat humans

I just find it odd (please don't hate me for this) that you have problems with killing un-born babies whose parents don't want them hence won't adequately look after them hence the child would have a second-class life (possibly even be neglected)

but you eat animals.

One may call that hypocrytical.

As i said, don't hate me for this. I'm just after an intelligent conversation leading to enlightenment

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I like your post.

But - please don't assume any/all women feel guilt or remorse of losing a child - - because they abort.

Yes - that is probably the case in some cases, or infact the majority. I'm hoping most would-be mothers give such a major choice a lot of thought before going through with it. As in both outcomes would most likely be a life-changer.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone
Yes if men stayed out of womens bodies it wouldn't be an issue

Imagine that. I get so tired of this being the woman's fault.

My hubby says: "If you stick your hoo hoo in the woo woo without a raincoat" - you are responsible.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

And if you let someone stick their hoo in your woo woo without a raincoat...you are also responsible?

Or are you saying women are too dumb and helpless to do anything about it?
edit on 24-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I like your post.

Yes - that is probably the case in some cases, or infact the majority. I'm hoping most would-be mothers give such a major choice a lot of thought before going through with it. As in both outcomes would most likely be a life-changer.

Where is your data?

You can hope all you want - - - but that is coming from your own thoughts and belief.

Not everyone is like you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
reply to post by MindSpin

Question - what line of work are you in? Don't have to be specific.

I happened to notice that the OP said they were in a med field, and you seem focused on med issues also, so I am just curious.

I work side by side with medical professionals...but am not a medical professional myself.

Not sure where this is leading.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Is that what I said?

Again you speak about the woman being dumb.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by MindSpin

No one has too back it up. There are reams of fetal development online. Read up. FIrst trimester is not consciousness. And prove theres a soul without consciousness, since IT IS CONSCIOUSNESS. Bet you can't can you. Isn't it odd, the military looking avatars seem to have this mindset. I wouldn't even allow my sons to have your avatar online or what it says. But my reproductive system isn't yours or Big Brothers to dictate to. I like Canada in its sane laws: first trimester, fully covered by medicare. Universal access.

A soul??? Who is talking about a soul??? I am talking about a pure biological process.

If you want to talk about a "soul"...then your discussion is not with me.

And what is wrong with my avatar...I kind of like it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AsimpleAbstraction

You can not cherry pick your facts.

A fetus is considered a fetus until it's born at which point, it becomes a baby or infant. Until about 20+ weeks, the fetus will probably not survive independently from the mother. This is typically the point to which most abortions are considered legal.

You have your opinion, but insulting others for theirs just weakens your argument. People will always feel they need to butt into other people's lives. It would be like me controlling how to raise your children because I feel you're doing it wrong. I don't have that right. I don't have a right to control what you feed your kids, how to teach them, or how to discipline them. You don't have a right to control other people.

I don't agree with abortions in most cases, but it's entirely the woman's choice to do it up to a certain point.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just wanted to ask this outta curiosity.

How many of you anti-abortionists are vegetarians?

Not me..what's your point???

If it helps...I don't eat humans

I just find it odd (please don't hate me for this) that you have problems with killing un-born babies whose parents don't want them hence won't adequately look after them hence the child would have a second-class life (possibly even be neglected)

but you eat animals.

One may call that hypocrytical.

As i said, don't hate me for this. I'm just after an intelligent conversation leading to enlightenment

Please tell me how this is hypocritical...like I said...I don't eat humans.

I have no problem eating animals...vegans have no problems eating the unborn offspring of plants.

We are all technically carnivores.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Is that what I said?

Again you speak about the woman being dumb.

I asked because you imply it.

You portray the little helpless women how isn't responsible enough to tell a man to wear a condom.

Stop making women out to be weak little helpless humans.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by geekyone

A baby doesn't NEED to be breast fed, an embryo needs to live off of a woman's body. Sorry your statement fails

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join