It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by Annee

Or are you saying women are too dumb and helpless to do anything about it?

Is that what I said?

Again you speak about the woman being dumb.

I asked because you imply it.

You portray the little helpless women how isn't responsible enough to tell a man to wear a condom.

Stop making women out to be weak little helpless humans.

No I don't.

I am woman - - and I am not weak.

Man is capable of being responsible for himself. It is you who wants to imply men are stupid and irresponsible - - - therefore it is the woman's fault if anything happens.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yes, genocide is a strong word. Anyway, I live in a country that committed a genocide (Australia), and its one of the most carpet-swepped issues out there, even more so than the holocaust. Theres also what happened in America to the Native Indians. Its just ridiculous, however its these things that remain as shadows over the collective mindset of a population. I guess abortion can be compared as a kind of "silent genocide" - however, genocide is usually targeted at specific races. If there was evidence that abortion is more prevalent in certain races than others, or that those that administer abortions generally target thier propaganda to certain portions of the population, then perhaps it could be called a form of genocide.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by geekyone

A baby doesn't NEED to be breast fed, an embryo needs to live off of a woman's body. Sorry your statement fails

LOL...the depths of illogical arguments pro-choicers will go to.

Yeah...in the natural world...the breast is meant to feed the child after it is born...just a little biology for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

A baby NEEDS to be fed milk, yes you can give it formula as a substitute. But it lives off of milk it is dependant on it.

An unborn baby can be delivered at various stages in pregnancy and survive with medical help.
If you are saying it cannot survive totally independently without medical help, then how is that different to saying a newborn cannot survive if no one gives it milk? Both are relying on human support.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Man is capable of being responsible for himself. It is you who wants to imply men are stupid and irresponsible - - - therefore it is the woman's fault if anything happens.

Really??? I demand proof of your accusations. Please go get a quote from me that proves I think it is soley the women's fault if anything happens.

All along I have been saying for them BOTH to be responsible...yet it is YOU that only want to place the blame on the man. And hence...portraying women as weak.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

I like your post.

But - please don't assume any/all women feel guilt or remorse of losing a child - - because they abort.

That is just not the case.

Yes - that is probably the case in some cases, or infact the majority. I'm hoping most would-be mothers give such a major choice a lot of thought before going through with it. As in both outcomes would most likely be a life-changer.

Where is your data?

You can hope all you want - - - but that is coming from your own thoughts and belief.

Not everyone is like you.

So you're telling me that every woman that considers abortion (and some that go through with it) do it as casually as say, 'hmm what film should I go see in the cinema'? You show me data that proves that.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychedelicSam

Just wanted to ask this outta curiosity.

How many of you anti-abortionists are vegetarians?

Not me..what's your point???

If it helps...I don't eat humans

I just find it odd (please don't hate me for this) that you have problems with killing un-born babies whose parents don't want them hence won't adequately look after them hence the child would have a second-class life (possibly even be neglected)

but you eat animals.

One may call that hypocrytical.

As i said, don't hate me for this. I'm just after an intelligent conversation leading to enlightenment

Please tell me how this is hypocritical...like I said...I don't eat humans.

I have no problem eating animals...vegans have no problems eating the unborn offspring of plants.

We are all technically carnivores.

Did you know that humans are animals?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone
reply to post by Darkmask

A baby NEEDS to be fed milk, yes you can give it formula as a substitute. But it lives off of milk it is dependant on it.

An unborn baby can be delivered at various stages in pregnancy and survive with medical help.
If you are saying it cannot survive totally independently without medical help, then how is that different to saying a newborn cannot survive if no one gives it milk? Both are relying on human support.

Also, how is it different than any other fellow human that needs medication, surgery, or other treatment to live. Should they be placed in the disposable category, too?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I see these discussions devolve into insults and arguments that move towards something unrelated. The loaded question that the OP gave was is there a difference between abortion and genocide. And do we condone murder. I would say that the majority of us are sane adults and would say that we don't condone murder.

But then they imply that abortion is murder, which is not correct. The wikipedia article states exactly what courts use to determine murder.

en.wikipedia.org...

Genocide applies to people as well, and a fetus isn't legally considered a person, but going back to the definition of genocide, it implies that it applies to people living in society, which a fetus, being attached to the mother isn't. Some groups will argue that it fits the bill, but it doesn't. I suppose of there were a society of fetuses, then maybe it would apply if someone was working on the systematic destruction of all fetuses. This isn't the case, although I know those same groups would argue that abortion doctors want the systematic eradication of all fetuses. Because abortions are voluntary is another reason why abortions are not genocidal.

I think that sufficiently explains the argument.

Please discuss.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

No more illogical than Anti-abortionists. Honestly,.. nobody cares what you think. If you are against abortion, great don't ever get one. Other than that, keep your opinions to yourself, and stop condeming people who don't agree with you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Not me..what's your point???

If it helps...I don't eat humans

I just find it odd (please don't hate me for this) that you have problems with killing un-born babies whose parents don't want them hence won't adequately look after them hence the child would have a second-class life (possibly even be neglected)

but you eat animals.

One may call that hypocrytical.

As i said, don't hate me for this. I'm just after an intelligent conversation leading to enlightenment

Please tell me how this is hypocritical...like I said...I don't eat humans.

I have no problem eating animals...vegans have no problems eating the unborn offspring of plants.

We are all technically carnivores.

Dude... I know there is some connection you have made in your mind between eating meat and terminating people but I don't see it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
So you're telling me that every woman that considers abortion (and some that go through with it) do it as casually as say, 'hmm what film should I go see in the cinema'? You show me data that proves that.

Where did I ever say anything even close to that?

Project much?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

or there could be other reasons you have'nt covered
edit on 24-2-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychedelicSam

Yes...yes I do.

Please show me where I advocate protecting any other life other than humans???

Call me a specieist all you want...we all are.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by MindSpin

No more illogical than Anti-abortionists. Honestly,.. nobody cares what you think. If you are against abortion, great don't ever get one. Other than that, keep your opinions to yourself, and stop condeming people who don't agree with you.

If someone didn't care what I thought...if I was making no sense at all...they wouldn't bother responding to me.

I think I will voice my opinions thank you...free country and speech and all that jazz.

If you don't like my "opinions"...refute them logically.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Are you trying to draw a parallel between eating meat and aborting human pregnancy of a unique human life by the people who helped create it?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrphilosophias

Are you trying to draw a parallel between eating meat and aborting human pregnancy of a unique human life by the people who helped create it?

He's trying...not being too successful so far.

On the other hand...I think I was fairly successful equating vegatarians eating the unborn offspring of plants....poor plant fetuses.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If you are against abortion, great don't ever get one. Other than that, keep your opinions to yourself, and stop condeming people who don't agree with you.

Normally, religious fanatic, anti-choicers (not "pro-life" since most support war and the death penalty) are unable to keep their opinions and condemnation to themselves. It's physically impossible for them. But, as time marches on and the masses move away from religious extremism, their influence diminishes further and further, and they get louder and louder in their death throes. Just ignore them.

There are many stages of fetal development, and I believe if somebody is going to terminate their pregnancy, it's a decision that should be made as early as possible. Late term abortions should be very rare. For barrier breakage, and rape, the morning after pill is an option that would prevent a child from forming at all. Perhaps one day, instead of shouting at people, and wasting their breath expecting others to see things their way, anti-choicers can come up with another option. Perhaps they can put all that energy into figuring out a way to extract a developing fetus alive, and transferring it into an artificial womb of some sort. In such a program the woman would remain completely anonymous. Perhaps we can couple that with a space exploration program, in which we could find and colonize other supportive planets since we already have a population problem here.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
Genocide applies to people as well, and a fetus isn't legally considered a person, but going back to the definition of genocide, it implies that it applies to people living in society, which a fetus, being attached to the mother isn't. Some groups will argue that it fits the bill, but it doesn't. I suppose of there were a society of fetuses, then maybe it would apply if someone was working on the systematic destruction of all fetuses. This isn't the case, although I know those same groups would argue that abortion doctors want the systematic eradication of all fetuses. Because abortions are voluntary is another reason why abortions are not genocidal.

Murder a pregnant women and its double homicide, but abortion is ok?
What is the difference between a Human Being and a Human Person?

Why is there any reason to try to differentiate them except to justify something like abortion? This seems like a form of self seeking false logic, rationalization and justification, it is denial, and it is blind to the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

If you are against abortion, great don't ever get one. Other than that, keep your opinions to yourself, and stop condeming people who don't agree with you.

Normally, religious fanatic, anti-choicers (not "pro-life" since most support war and the death penalty) are unable to keep their opinions and condemnation to themselves. It's physically impossible for them. But, as time marches on and the masses move away from religious extremism, their influence diminishes further and further, and they get louder and louder in their death throes. Just ignore them.

You do realize that your euphemisms and labels are showing right? You are not at all concerned with rational discourse you just want to appeal to the emotions of your unsuspecting prey. You sir are misinformed and predatory.

This is about reasonable, rational, logical discourse among informed individuals, and we are all willing participants, you dont have to post here. If you are so pro choice then why don't you allow me the freedom of conscience and liberty to engage in this discussion and debate? Like I said we are all willingly participating. So through your actions you are showing that you are not not pro-choice, and since you think it is ok to arbitrarily decide that it is acceptable to murder a generation of 65+ Million unborn babies in the name of recreational sex, godlessness, and hedonism, to perpetuate a culture of death and corruption, so you are not pro-life either. So what are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join