It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin has no search results on google news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Or Yahoo or bing. I figured I would take a look as some published articles from news sources about Elenin and I was surprised that all news sources have been scrubbed.

Did I spell it wrong or is there a concerted effort to erase any search results from news. Only results on web, images,video and blogs show up. For a person who is just starting to research Elenin, they would want to see what the news is saying but no where to be found is even a slight mention.
Maybe my search engine is broken? Can someone else confirm that there are no results?

There are also no news results for Leonid Elenin or the comets official name C/2010 X1
edit on 22-2-2011 by robwerden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I googled "comet Elenin" and the search showed "about 97,300" hits.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They don't get "scrubbed" - it's just that the news in Google News only stays there for a limited time, and if no new news is written about a subject then you simply won't see "news" about it.

There is however TONS of information about comet Elenin in the normal Google web search.

So fear not a cover up.

edit on 22-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rich41357

Click on news and see how many results you get

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I understand there are tons of results on web search, but that is not the point. I want to see articles written by news sources. Even the conspiracy sites such as ATS sometime show up on NEWS, but there is nothing at all

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah I'm finding no "news" stories about it except for written reports in foreign news sources. Like said above there are mostly blogs and ATS links for it.

Wikipedia has it listed but with the older orbit information -

en.wikipedia.org...

It says it might get to 6th magnitude brightness. I am confused there, this thing will be very close to us, and only 6th mag?

This came up under news - www.infokriegernews.de...
edit on 22-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Seems that "comets" don't make for great news stories unless people can see them. Search for "comet" in the news and you'll see what I mean. Elenin isn't in the news because apparently it isn't "news" anymore, at least not again until September 2011.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I got 4560 results in news for the word Comet, with articles going back to 1984. So if Elenin ever made news it should have showed up.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That also applies to men on the moon missions. To go there and back TWICE in 1969 (approx twice in only 5 months) is unbelievable as it is, but it seems that when the 'TV ratings' went down, NASA stopped those moon missions? It really does seem to be about ratings when it comes to Space News.

Does anyone know the approx. size of Elenin? I can't seem to find it anywhere, yet they seem to know it's magnitude brightness levels?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Not to go debunking but I just searched google and found tons of Elenin pages come up?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Info here

I've yet to confirm it as genuine, mind.

(found on the site you supplied, btw
)
edit on 22-2-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Found this under image search

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Thank you, I didn't see that part of the site. It says it's 1.8 - 4.1km, why are people calling this Nibiru if it's like 1 mile wide? There's a big difference between 1-2 miles wide and 2-4X the size of Jupiter, and white is quite different from red.
Still, it's very small and coming really close to us, the orbital path is going to change so we don't know how close it will get until late summer.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

You're right. Doing a News search for comet Elenin comes up with no returns.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
and this

www.bing.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oops, I may have jumped the gun - it seems the number for Elenin might be C/2010 X1...

Source

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There are only 3 possible explanations why no "NEWS" results show up.
1. There is a Conspiracy to hide official news
2. There is a malfunction in all search engines
3. There are no articles written for what ever reason

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
3. There are no articles written for what ever reason

That would be the most likely answer.

If you search the Google News archives, you'll find a couple stories from November of last year, when Elenin was discovered. Since then, nothing has happened, so there's nothing to report on Elenin.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever used the News feature on any site. I didn't think people did eother. I tried it and nothing came up you're right but I searched for a couple of other things and they didn't come up either. I think it's just because that feature sucks, no big deal.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The information direct from the finder Leonid Elenin is the he 'estimates' that it is between 3 and 4 km wide. Note that this is an estimate.

spaceobs.org is his site but you will need to translate that unless you speak Russian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join