It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby dolphins are washing up dead on the gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, FloridaOilSpillLaw hasn't let up on this from the get go. They have been reporting on everything they can to get this information out there. Sometimes I feel they are grasping at straws, but I think they are just trying to keep the subject active, keep people in the loop. They are doing a tremendous job. Most people just don't want to see this though and MSM isn't going to make any efforts to get this out there to people. So I commend them on their untiring efforts.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes, Floridaoilspilllaw has kept the subject in front of those who are still willing to listen..........

Eventually we will all be forced to listen once again I feel............

S&F and the Bump

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Probablity of Earthquake within 50 miles of Pensacola

I just searched and there was not a single news report from Mobile to Tallahassee about the Earthquake.

According to the link above the chances of having a 5.0 or higher in the next 50 years within 50 miles of Pensacola are 0.434%. Or 4 chances in 1000 over the next 50 years. Yet, we had a 3.5 and nobody noticed or reported on it?

Our press is worthless. Pensacola currently had a black blob of unexplained death and rotting just off shore, baby dolphins washing up dead in the area, low oxygen levels, high contaminant levels, and now earthquakes, and nobody seems to notice? I know they make a mean Bushwhacker drink over there, but is everyone too drunk and delirious to notice?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You should go back and revisit that Marine Lab............and give ATS a up close interview of what the lab is saying about what’s out there…………

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You know, I planned to call him this week anyway, I want him to weigh and check out the turtles he gave me.

I will plan to visit there this weekend and put up a new thread on ATS Sunday night. From what you have told me, he has seen some things going on.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, the earthquake is showing on the usgs site. Funny how it was just not really mentioned much, as rare as an earthquake in that area would have been.

As far as the dolphins dying, see this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was going to post this yesterday when I read the article (referenced in the above ats link), but had no internet access: www.usnews.com...:gulf-floor-fouled-by-bacterial-oil-feast

Explains alot about the dying dolphins. It angers me and makes me very sad.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Turtles? Video if you can...........he has some amazing stuff there........many members would love to see I am sure.......

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I was wondering where you got quake from, now I see justmike edited his post to link usgs and the alabama EQ. I was very leery to link this EQ activity, but now I don't know. I suppose we have to consider it as a possibility now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I can't accesss YouTube from here, but he has a lot of videos up of there.

Here is his main website.

I will definitely get some video of his Speciman Lab, and maybe I can get to the beach and upload some video too! Any excuse to go to the beach is a good one.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

here's a thread started on the 18th.
note only wkrg and wala reported on the quake that night.
wear didn't report until next day.
quake was said to have been 10 miles of dauphin island.
i agree with you wear doesn't do a good job, that why i watch wala

/www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread664693/pg1
edit on 22-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
here's a map to show location of quake.

www.wkrg.com/media/news8/Earthquake_location_3_thumb.JPG

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am totally on board with you. I think this might have to do with the 3.5 earthquake although there are so many different things going on simultaneously it's hard to make sense out of everything.

And I think you're right. Nothing in the news about it either!
www.dailykos.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Na it has to be a vent opening up on the sea floor poluting the water in NZ, here in the Gulf I would blame the oil spill because porpoises are smart and would just haul ass if they thought a quake was coming.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Spring Break must be in full swing...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I see BP sold all there on shore assets to another company last fall.

www.dailyfinance.com...

www.reuters.com...

Quick way to move the un"tainted" assets to another hand and keep them from being siezed in a court case.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All members of a pod of 107 pilot whales that stranded on a remote New Zealand beach have died, including 48 that were euthanized, the government's conservation department said Monday.

This isn't the gulf region but they are still dead animals .....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

They showed this clip as part of the story on BBC World News America tonight.

At least this is getting some wide press exposure...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I posted this earlier in the thread, but it may have been overlooked.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

"Three sea nettles – a common food for bottlenose dolphins in the Gulf – were sampled, tested, and found to be contaminated with 46.0 mg/kg of polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, (PAHs.) This is among the more contaminated samples of marine organisms our research team has sampled. PAHs found include alkylated naphthalenes, phenanthrenes, and benzo(a)pyrene. These are persistent toxic components of crude oil that can bioaccumulate and move up the food chain to contaminate predatory animals."

The article in the OP also stated that more adult dolphins than usual died this year, obviously from the oil. If this is one of their main food sources and it is so highly contaminated this could be the cause of the infant deaths. I am still on the fence about the eartquake, but remember Arkansas bird deaths=EQ(swarms), Whales in NZ=EQ(large and shallow) There was also an EQ in the GOM, as reported by justmike earlier in the thread. The only thing I can say that differs from these other instances is that a) they aren't washing up all at once and b) they are only calves, not the adults (as yet anyway)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Also, I came across this. Dolphins mate close to the coast, the article states that this fungus may be deadly to sealife whos immune system is already compromised, as in sealife that may have been exposed to large amounts of oil and chemical (corexit)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=666066

Spontaneous abortions? Could they be linked somehow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join