It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby dolphins are washing up dead on the gulf

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I am in agreement. When I first read it I thought BP also. However more research should be done on the matter to be certain. Not that it would make any difference, as they have pretty much made it clear they are untouchable.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I knew this stuff would happen.This alleged accident in the gulf is the most disgusting thing.It was no accident.I couldn't even watch the video on TV it made me sick and this makes me sicker.It's hard to describe how i feel about the whole f-----g thing.Even if all involved went to jail for life it wouldn't make me feel any better.This is horror able.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Wow, looks like it could definitely be related. I wonder how Round-Up fits into that? It was briefly mentioned. Could they have engineered this fungus to use as a weed killer, and now it is running rampant?

I would say the "spontaneous abortion" and "mammals" could definitely apply to these dolphins!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As of today so far 21 dolphins have been found along the coastline/islands around our area of the coast, Mississippi. Never before have I seen or heard of this many, usually it's around like 5 a year.

I seen some on Horn island the other day, it's very depressing. I am so used to seeing dolphin's swimming next to my boat in schools as I do the things I do, and I am not seeing it like I used to. Very sad.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO STILL BELIEVE THE BP OIL SPILL DOESN'T AFFECT ANYTHING!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you think it's bad now wait till we open up our oil fields, what damage to the environment is waiting when the United States opens up Gull Island and our other oil fields?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Star and Flag.

Birds, bees, bats, crabs, whales, now dolphins.

Mega storms, earthquakes, tsunamis.

Obama is president.

Something is definately happening to this world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
reply to post by antar

One autopsy revealed trauma in two subjects, which they stated may have been from the mother trying to revive them, ....

Hmmm...more trauma, huh? Suddenly birds and dolphins? I doubt the birds were trying to revive each other and the fact that these different species are evidently experiencing trauma right before death seems rather connected and not coincidental.

Animals will abandon their children that are deformed or otherwise unable to thrive, but to suddenly find an influx beyond normal numbers is rather unsettling.

The cause could be several things -- oil will affect a newborn / fetus faster than an adult...adults are also better able to adapt to a change in temperature...contaminated food will make adults sick but would be lethal to a baby...

It makes no sense though, to me, that a possible earthquake / sea floor gas rupture, etc. would be the cause. Changes like that would cause the animals to flee...or die trying....not suddenly abort and abandon their babies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Some say they're equally intelligent to humans

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well there it is folx. I was personally waiting for the whales to start but dolphins being water mammals count too. So man, expect the Nature of things to show its aggression.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Heres a mini update from th AP.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...
"Five more baby dolphins found dead off coast of Mississippi, Alabama, AP, February 23, 2011:

Scientists have found 4 more dead baby dolphins on Horn Island in the Mississippi Gulf of Mexico and another on Ono Island off Orange Beach, Ala., adding to the unusually high number of dead dolphins found in the past 2 months. …

So far, 28 dolphins of all ages have been found dead in the 2 states since the beginning of the year."

Also a babysperm whale has washed up, apparently an endangered species. This one may have been alive, but was just born.
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Thankyou all for your replies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
well, I drove by Westlake Plaza (home of BP) Saturday to visit my moster-n-law and BP was having a big party! balloons, big bouncing things. food and a nice big beer truck.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

mutantgenius, Sorry I fail d give you credit here.. good work! Got caught up in all of the replies. Gave kudoes to Antar.. but you two are on par.

To others the same insight.

I can't ad more then what I have felt here other then so few of us are watching on the sidelines of our own demise..
However most are not at fault.. they just don't know it! (not us here so to speak) No point in giving a reason why by those that have already realized the cost $$$/life and what will be end result. Very little profit if this if it were put out there by our MSM.

Yea, the latest.. no indicatation it could be related to BP... However the studies are on going... That last reply and intent, will be lost after it was printed/voiced... Just ask those that are already affected by this in the Gulf. Sorry.. just wanted to say... going forwards, be aware.. For alot of life forms.. it's to late, money and greed/CYA killed them to.

Wished we had more that would care, we let those that don't care control it....
Jesse

edit on 23-2-2011 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think it's less a case that they don't notice and more a case of scaring off tourists and their money.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well. Little update for everyone.
ABC is finally covering this.

abcnews.go.com...

According to the report, they were bottlenose dolphins. They are taking tissue samples etc..
I am 99.9% sure, this was related to the BP spill and not to earthquake activity, although any EQ activity we are seeing in the Gulf of Mexico would be related to BP anyway.

For this just to kill the infants, as of yet, although there has been an increases of adult dolphin deaths, is very telling as they are more vulnerable. I am thinking it was a combination of something the dolphins ate (see my previous posts in regard to jellyfish) and contaminated breeding ground (also previously posted).

This is just horrible, all of it is. Not just the dolphins, all of it. It is like a bad dream you thought wasn't real and then the nightmare begins to unfold and you realize it wasn't just a dream. A word of advice. If it came from the sea, don't eat it!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is showing up as something from today, and someone is saying that the BP oil spill cannot account for the deaths of these dolphins.

Baby dolphins dead EDIS

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I found one, well, half of one, today near Ship island's west tip and 2 more were found in Mississippi today. Just thought I would give a update. This is just sad, next to the wolf, and the lion, the dolphin is one of my favorite species.
edit on 24-2-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahushuasaves
This is showing up as something from today, and someone is saying that the BP oil spill cannot account for the deaths of these dolphins.

Baby dolphins dead EDIS

I don't know who that someone is, but do they work for BP, EPA, Tourism? Obviously I don't know for sure if it's BP, but I seriously don't think it can be scratched off the list yet, do you?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Thanks for the update. Keep your eyes peeled for any new info for us.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
and here is a CNN link Gulf Dolphins

The most worrisome concern is that dolphin stranding season has yet to officially begin, according to Solangi.

And the article states they find 700 stranded dolphins a year, give or take. In February and March, they normally find one, if any. We are at 30, and February isn't over.

Worrisome indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join