It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Macho's ONLY!] A gun is a VERY WEAK attitude to carry! Whats the matter with you? Be a Man OK!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Are you kidding??
Nothing sexy then a woman who can shoot. Even better is a woman who carries. Even more so is a woman who shoots and carries a .40.
If you say compact glock, I may just pass out.

LOL LOL macman,

I agree. I think a woman who carries and knows well how to use it is indeed Sexy. No problem by me with women or men who carry..open or concealed. And I carry either way here in this state. As long as they are disciplined about it ..OK by me. I don't like wildlife..two legged..male or female both.

OmegaLogos,

Did you go to public school and never get past public school thinking??? By this I mean ..a television or movie education...mostly in emotions.

Some of us out here work in very dangerous occupations where at times we put our lives and safety on the line for our monies. We don't need a gun to feel macho. We carry for other reasons. We also have a right here to own our firearms ..which are property. Private Property ..earned often at great RISKS in our lives and occupations.

Don't get so ignorant that you overlook this line of thought for your pet public school concepts. There are people out here who know better and can think outside the blocks of what passes for excellence today and realize it is not excellence at all.

I've handled over 15 nuclear fuel cells in the last 5 months...Uranium 235..do you think I am concerned with you or anyone else carrying a gun or feeling macho?? What on this earth are you thinking. I don't have to prove my manhood or humanity to you or anyone else. Ever!!
When a man does certain kinds of work..and takes on the RISKS and attendant dangers...a man learns to stow their emotions and fears to accomplish the task assigned. This is discipline..not macho. It is not a show or grandstanding..it is the real thing.
Your worried about me carrying a gun and trying to be macho...wow!! Did you ever get a television/movie education. You should get out more.

Also I don't put much stock in Humanity..particularly among peoples who's main input and thinking is from television and movies. Vicarious thinking and emotions/fears and insecurities. Much of Humanity today is just confirming and establishing fears and insecurities to pursue consumption rates. I'm not interested in this.

Nonetheless most people I know do not carry for the reasons you assume here. And I don't want to be around people like you are describing..male or female.

Most of the people I know who carry ..open or concealed..carry because they know and believe that when seconds count the constabulary are minutes away.
Get a clue Omega Logos.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was just thinking back to an event which happened years ago at a local gun range.

I took a woman with me to let her shoot my .38 special to see if she could handle it. Well the guy in the next lane was using a piece of junk gun called a Tech 9. This guy couldn't hit anything. He kept bringing the target closer and closer to him. Making more noise than getting bullets on target.

Finally in desperation he brought the target close enough to tear it apart with the muzzle blast. Wow!!

Time for me and the woman with whom I was going to teach to shoot....to leave..and we did exactly that.

Now that was wildlife in its natural habitat. A television and movie education at work. Two legged wildlife.

I have since read up on the Tech 9 and realized one of this guys problems. But I am not sure, with his lack of basic disciplines, that he would have done any better with a quality firearm.

Nonetheless it was time to depart and depart we did.

No two legged wildlife need apply.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I just pretend, as I do when I ride my motorcycle, that there is a possibility that anyone could attempt/mistakenly kill me at any time.

You'd be a fool not to carry in this day and age.

It does not have anything to do with "MACHISMO", but rather preparedness, discipline and basic right of life.

My XD40, 380 and Judge all mave mustaches!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Ever thought of having an engraver do a mustache on the barrel end?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Maybe a set of those big hanging B@11$ like on the trailer hitches would make for nice man jewelry on the grip.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I was born and raised in West Texas ("Bush Country") where everything revolves around Oil, Guns, and "Freedom" (Money, Beer, ignorance). I'm not going to lie, guns are cool, I know a lot about them and I'm pretty proficient with many. But as "fun" and "cool" as they are, there made to kill. The "defensive" use of a gun is pretty much to kill your agressor before they can harm you. That right there is technically "Un-Christian" (seeing as how the majority of people down here claim to be Christian.

Personally, I don't Believe that anybody has the right to take somebody elses life. To me, life is important, I love it despite how epicly screwed we are for the future thanks to TPTB. Though, I'll admit I wish a lot of people didn't exist because how they've held us back as a species, but I also have an optimistic outlook for PEOPLE and hope that soon they'll start seeing things through "new eyes" rather than the ones that have formed for them my the Media.
I agree with you, never harm another person when you can talk to them. If you work at it and educate yourself enough you can educate others and hopefully they'll see the way you see. If not, part ways. Why kill your enemy when you can show them truth and have their allegiance? A gun is merely a tool for power over others, to compensate for the flaws of those who wield them. I can do far more damage with words than I can with bullets, but only words have the ability to heal. For those who think that great things can be done by a man wielding a gun, I ask you to show me such a man who healed people rather than dividing them.
Peace!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Back in the good old days
They knew how to brawl

I'm talkin' real gunslingers
I'm talkin' real outlaws
They'd saddle up and ride on into town
When it was high noon in them old saloons
You knew what was goin' down
When they took it outside

Took it outside
When it was man to man
Toe to toe
You know they had to go
Where nobody's gonna break it up
Not until you've had enough

And if you think you've got the guts
Then lets take it outside
If you think your man enough
You really wanna knuckle up
If you wanna shed a little blood then lets
Take it outside
Let's take it outside

These days things have changed
A lot of talk
Lot of pushin' and shovin'
Well if you wanna walk the walk

Let's have some respect
Got girls in here
Just pay your tab
And lay down your beer and let's take it outside
Take it outside

It's man to man
Toe to toe
You know we need to go
We're all here for a good time
But don't start no trouble
'Cause it won't be the first time
I put a scar on my knuckles

Now brother I don't mind
I'll be glad to stomp your ass
But if both of us walk out that door
One of us ain't comin' back
Let's take it outside
song by Brantley Gilbert-
Take It Outside

I dont have a problem going toe to toe. BUT NOBODY WILL TAKE MY GUNS.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What I fear, is that the OP didn't even acknowledge that guns are inanimate objects to begin with? People like that need to stay clear of any weapons....that includes their keyboards~

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I love you, you sexy woman!

Spit your grape juice all over me if ya want

edit on 21-2-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Bachrk

I love you, you sexy woman!

Spit your grape juice all over me if ya want

edit on 21-2-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

See Bachrk, told you so.
You have created a monster!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree. I for one never understood this whole gun thing anyway.

I would like to think I'm more unpredictable and probably a bit more dangerous than those with guns.

Growing up here in Northern Ireland, we were brought up to believe those who wield a gun are cowards! Never fear the gun. Just the moron behind it. And like any moron you can out-think, out-wit easily. The last time someone pulled a gun on me was rushed to hospital with 3rd degree burns to their face and neck. Wonderful things aerosol cans and lighters

There are plenty of ways to incapacitate any asailant with a gun. You just have to be inventive! Think of it... By the time they cock the hammer, aim, squeeze... That gives you roughly 3.688 seconds to do what you need to do to get out of the situation. Provided you don't freeze like a statue and poop your pants!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
I agree. I for one never understood this whole gun thing anyway.

I would like to think I'm more unpredictable and probably a bit more dangerous than those with guns.

By the time they cock the hammer, aim, squeeze... That gives you roughly 3.688 seconds to do what you need to do to get out of the situation. Provided you don't freeze like a statue and poop your pants!

How are you more dangerous without a gun?
You may have 0 seconds to react if it's already cocked.
Can you defend your family and friends in 3.688 seconds all at once?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You say the guy at the bar is stronger because he has tamed his own wild beast.

Unfortunately, not everyone who likes to rape, murder & rob has tamed their wild beast inside therefore I carry a .44

Since I am a man of thought and intellect & reason AND I carry a sidearm, then I am the most dangerous animal.

Your warm, fuzzy cuddly thoughts of how men should act are admirable but everybody else don't believe in your ideals.

use your brain to avoid confrontations when possible.

If you can't avoid them, defuse them if you can.....

If neither works, you fight if you must and win at all costs.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Jesus said sell your cloak and go buy a sword. They came back and told Jesus they got two swords. He said that was good.

Suicide is bad. To not defend yourself from evil would be suicide. Jesus wouldn't approve of people not defending their own lives with tools of defense.

Pick up a bible. The Hindu religion is the only one on Earth where they are allowed to carry around that big dagger. Christians have been dumbed down since King James to not defend their own lives.

Jesus wouldn't approve. Besides firearms are 20th century technology. This is the 21st century. The tool of defense now is directed energy. Satan wouldn't even see it coming or know where it came from.

If you desire to defend your own life against the teachings of Christ, by all means do so. Just understand what the scripture is saying before you claim he was outright justifying it.

33And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. 34And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. 35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough. 39And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. 40And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. 41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 45And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, 46And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

Here his disciple claims he is ready to go to prison or death to follow Jesus. Christ corrects him and says he will betray him three times before the cock crows. He then asks if they lacked anything when he sent them out without purse, scrip, or shoes. They say no. Then he goes on to state that they can take their purse, their scrip and even sell their garment for a sword. Why? Because they are going to do it ANYWAY.

He already knew that when he died those who followed him would not carry on his ways. Even that night they fell asleep when they were supposed to be praying. It was his last night with his disciples and they SLEPT when he told them to pray.

Yeah, that was the love they showed the man who was dieing for them. He knew they were not going to do what he said, so he went ahead and told them to do it.

Do what you feel is right my friend. Christ did not advocate killing or harming anyone. He only made that statement because he knew no one would do what he asked.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Whats even more disturbing is that these outlandish claims were made by the OP
And he hasnt replied in 4 pages........

Sometimes it make ya wonder if people just throw up these threads to stir things up...

Anyone who cant see the value in having a firearm for protection, is seriously delusional about the reality of the way things operate in the world............its not all sunshine and lollipops everywhere, and not everyone you meet is selling hugs........

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I understand how someone could be intimidated by guns or guys who have guns. I have owned a gun since I was 10 years old. I am now 56. To me it is just a tool. Much like a screwdriver or a pair of pliers. There is a time and place for weapons. They should not be used to boast or boost machoism. I will ALWAYS have one in my
"toolbox."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
reply to post by macman

Maybe a set of those big hanging B@11$ like on the trailer hitches would make for nice man jewelry on the grip.

HarHarHar!

...Ehmm, sorry!
The imagery was priceless, though..."man" jewelry.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
A real thug isn't one who can point a gun and shoot. A real thug is one that can kill someone with their own hands. Anyone can point a gun and shoot, but not take a life with their bare hands.

Thought I'd put that in there. Heard it somewhere, forgot where though. (something along those lines anyways)
edit on 22-2-2011 by krimletch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I feel alot better now that here in Arizona I can conceal carry. Now I can focus on getting something with an evil extended magazine No more getting stabbed or robbed for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join