It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Macho's ONLY!] A gun is a VERY WEAK attitude to carry! Whats the matter with you? Be a Man OK!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
all weapons make fighting, wars and every thing else un even
if there is someone bigger and harder than you,
your not going to walk up and jaw him unless you think you have an advantage be that fighting skills or a gun but what we're seeing more of is the little guy attacking the big guy (David & Goliath) because he feels macho with a gun but he would have run a mile without it
its the same with war who has the biggest stick wins and the only person to benefit is the stick seller

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I carry and have guns because Chuck Norris is too big to fit in my waist band.
This is by far one the the dumbest threads yet.

Thinking that some poetic thread knocking gun owners is what, clever?
Blah

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My wife was held up by 2 men with handguns...in my own driveway....and in a very nice West Side neighborhood..and with the porch light on as well..

I certainly dont think of myself as macho for carrying (S & W 357 Magnum, 150 grain Hollow Points)...I just feel protected. I know there are some owners that do feel macho (kinda like parading around a pitbull dog), but I think that is the wrong attitude altogether.

It boils down...for me at least...to the point that as long as the criminals have guns, so will I. If I would have been with her that night, and they asked for my wallet? I'd have reached behind me....and dropped them both were they stood.

Guns dont kill people...people kill people.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Having a gun does not make you tough. Being a good person and staying out of situations that endanger you makes your smart. Having a gun and hoping like hell you will never have to use it is smarter. Being in a situation where you wish you had a gun but didn't, well, you decide how you feel when that happens.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

I have said this before...I carry a .38 in my purse
and have a .357 by my bed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I prefer revolvers as well,you don't leave anything behind.
You take it with you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I prefer revolvers as well,you don't leave anything behind.
You take it with you.

Excellent reasoning, Taurus Public Defender
only thing left behind is a pink mist

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The thread is stupid.

Until you're in a situation where your house is being broken into by armed criminals you cannot really comment.

This guns are for people who think they're tough is European media propoganda. I don't think I'm tough and I'd love a gun to protect my home from thieves. Wouldn't kill anyway, just kneecap them

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
all weapons make fighting, wars and every thing else un even
if there is someone bigger and harder than you,
your not going to walk up and jaw him unless you think you have an advantage be that fighting skills or a gun but what we're seeing more of is the little guy attacking the big guy (David & Goliath) because he feels macho with a gun but he would have run a mile without it
its the same with war who has the biggest stick wins and the only person to benefit is the stick seller

Hmmm... may I suggest reading the "Art of War" by Sun Tzu? You will find in Sun Tzu perhaps one of the best military minds of all times and even though he lived a very very long time ago, his teachings are still studied to this day by modern day military leaders. Some of his greatest battles were fought when the odds and the 'might' were stacked against him and he still managed to win. So the argument that those with the bigger sticks wins... is simply untrue. However, couple some of the tactics of Sun Tzu with a responsible gun owner? Katie bar the door.......
edit on 21-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Yea Kimbo slice of bread wasnt a good choice, but still he aint a poodle.
I was trying to make a point which you have made better hehe.
Option B and C, together, for sure!
Plus, it's more fun.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I as a female don't find anything fantastic about guns.

Saying that, I do own a .40cal handgun and I do carry on my hip under my shirts most of the time. While I don't feel macho or tough I do feel like I'm missing something if I forget to put it on. Kind of like I feel if I forget my wallet or phone. Its become a part of my stylish attire.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Saying that, I do own a .40cal handgun and I do carry on my hip under my shirts most of the time. While I don't feel macho or tough I do feel like I'm missing something if I forget to put it on. Kind of like I feel if I forget my wallet or phone. Its become a part of my stylish attire.

I think about half the male posters just fell in love with you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Baaaaahaaahahaha That's funny yet I'm not sure why. Made me choke on my grapefruit juice.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Baaaaahaaahahaha That's funny yet I'm not sure why. Made me choke on my grapefruit juice.

Are you kidding??
Nothing sexy then a woman who can shoot. Even better is a woman who carries. Even more so is a woman who shoots and carries a .40.
If you say compact glock, I may just pass out.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Are you kidding??
Nothing sexy then a woman who can shoot. Even better is a woman who carries. Even more so is a woman who shoots and carries a .40.
If you say compact glock, I may just pass out.

lol Sorry I looked and tried out the compact glock 23 with the 13 round magazine but the Sig Slim .40 just fit my grip better and for whatever reason I shoot dead on with it compared to the glock?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Well, we could have had something

Sig people just don't get what Glock peeps have.

Oh well. I will keep looking.

The Sig is a great gun. When I was in LE, I carried Glock, while sister city LEOs carried Sigs.
Never could get used to the external hammer.

But, cool to hear.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So your telling me that dirty harry is wrong and all those characters that Arnold schwarzenegger has played. damn and i thought macho men were real men , looks like i'm gonna have to quit the gym , and replace my .44 magnum for a cane and top hat oh can't forget the monocle and english accent classes.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Guns are for wimps and cowards .
Real men use their fists.

However, if my neighbourhood was armed, then yes I'd want one too. I'm glad we in the UK don't have an armed society. I'd feel fear walking around if we did.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If I lived in the US, I'd get a gun just because there are so many armed people around. Since I live in Europe, it's really difficult to even legally buy a gun here, not to mention carrying it in public. I have never seen an civilian carry a gun in public here. Pretty sure people would call the police immediately.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Point of FACT..Very few if any martial artists or pugilists are able to fend off multiple opponents. It is damned near impossible if you also have family members and friends to protect during the attack.
Get real and stop being so FOOLISHLY macho! You obviously have no idea what this real world has in store for you!

'A gun is only a tool, only as good or bad as the individual using it'

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join