It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See Video: Rapper 'M-1' Says 'Conditions Ripe For Uprising Across America'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Damn man... you get it!

This gent has part of the equation right - that democrats and republicans are but two sides of the same coin. Unfortunately, he seems to have glommed on to another false paradigm - the "marxist vs capitalist" coin. He appears to fail to recognize that THEY are but two sides of the same coin as well. "Left-right", "democrat-republican", marxist-capitalist" these are ALL but two sides of the same coin, and operate in exactly the same way. They try to divide the population between those two sides, get them to choose the "proper" side, then play off of one another in an attempt to convince people that their side will make some sort of difference or change, all the while BOTH sides are moving towards the same goal, only dividing the people to keep them oblivious to the motion.

I am writing a thread on this - and I hope everyone on ATS participates. People need to step out of the illusions of corporations, banks and government has created. No longer can people be blind to the fact of the elitist mentality. How to wake people up though?

What I DO see coming instead is a "rebellion", both sides energetically trying to kill one another off and generally break things, all claiming to be doing it in support of "their" side, but in reality working towards the same goal. Meanwhile, the folks in the middle of it will take the worst damage, as always happens. I just don't see any "good" guys or "bad" guys in what's coming, I only see "guys" in apparently opposing camps trying to erase the system of the claimed "other", working on behalf of their common masters, who will lose NOTHING.

Agreed. This is why I am entertaining the philosophies of dischordia. You see, it allows people to see the illusion for what it is. You see with your eyes, but you have used your brain to see their illusion. Unfortunately for many are not awake - they still follow the politics of a dying system. People need to realize who the true enemies of humanity are... As I have stated in one of my other threads, the best way to combat the powers that be are to help your fellow man and remove ourselves from their system. What if the majority opposed the minority? Seriously think about who the majority is? The non-elitist. Billions of us. Sad, that so many people still fall for their illusion that TPTB are in control.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, in military terms I am "behind the lines", "cut off from support", and damn near "out of ammo", so it's not going to go well for me, whichever side of this coin takes the laurels. I've managed to get my son out of here, but as for myself, I will without a doubt be dropped like a pole-axed steer. All I can hope for is to make a "respectable" showing in the body pile in the yard, and I really care not a bit which "side" those cadavers thought they were on when they come. If they bother me in any way, they were on the wrong side as far as I'm concerned, don't really care which "uniform" they wear.

The majority of people either here in the USA, or abroad need to understand this: violence will not be a solution to destroying the corrupt ways of the elite. To attack them, attack what backs them: Money. People need to unify to destroy the worthless concept of money. It funds wars, it funds the starving children of the world to starve even more... think about it. I also have a son, and a wife. The only way I would ever become violent is if they were threatened. If people protest the system and make it fall to it's knees, there would be no uniformed people fighting anywhere. What is a uniform anyhow? Just another illusion created by elitists to strike the fear of power into those who argue against their ethics.

I've no doubt it's coming, it will be bad - much worse than folks realize - and in the end, it will make no difference or "change" at all in which side "wins". Whomever "wins", we will ALL lose.

People like you and I, we need to remain in contact. We need to spread how to rebel against the system before the system kills us.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Very interesting topic to have stumbled across.

In getting straight to my point, music is the universal language. Everyone can feel it and relate to it. It is also interesting to find non-mainstream artists with an actual message in their music, whether it be about a general life lesson or trying to help the listener hone his ability of free thought and view another side. I know I don't have much to say, and not everyone is expected to listen, as it cannot be forced. However, I would like to share a song and an artist along the same lines in using music to promote "revolutionary" thinking. Not "revolutionary" in the sense of protesting and reform, but "revolutionary" in the sense that their are others on this planet that think in similar fashions and have come to the understanding that we are all connected and thus we should show love to everyone and everything. I've rambled too long though...

www.youtube.com...

Also, if anyone can recommend other artists with real meaning in their music, please do so, and likewise if anyone is interested in similar music to what I posted, please, ask!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

I am writing a thread on this - and I hope everyone on ATS participates. People need to step out of the illusions of corporations, banks and government has created. No longer can people be blind to the fact of the elitist mentality. How to wake people up though?

When you get the thread up, U2U a link to me and I'll drop by and see if I have anything I can add to it.

As far as waking people up goes, I've found that it's generally best to make them wake themselves up. Making the connections and the ultimate discovery on their own is the only way they'll retain it. Otherwise, they'll kick and scream against it, give you all manner of grief over it, and get set even tighter in their ways, having to entrench their own positions like that.

Agreed. This is why I am entertaining the philosophies of dischordia. You see, it allows people to see the illusion for what it is. You see with your eyes, but you have used your brain to see their illusion. Unfortunately for many are not awake - they still follow the politics of a dying system. People need to realize who the true enemies of humanity are... As I have stated in one of my other threads, the best way to combat the powers that be are to help your fellow man and remove ourselves from their system. What if the majority opposed the minority? Seriously think about who the majority is? The non-elitist. Billions of us. Sad, that so many people still fall for their illusion that TPTB are in control.

This is the first I've heard of dischordia, but I'll check into it. Actually, ALL 'sight' is a function of the brain. Sure, they eyes are photo receptors, but nothing can be 'seen' without interpreting those images, so thinking about what one sees is an essential element of actually 'seeing'. The trick is to figure out what sort of filter is required to interpret the images through, and get that in place to filter out the crap that passes for 'conventional wisdom'.

The majority of people either here in the USA, or abroad need to understand this: violence will not be a solution to destroying the corrupt ways of the elite. To attack them, attack what backs them: Money. People need to unify to destroy the worthless concept of money. It funds wars, it funds the starving children of the world to starve even more... think about it. I also have a son, and a wife. The only way I would ever become violent is if they were threatened. If people protest the system and make it fall to it's knees, there would be no uniformed people fighting anywhere. What is a uniform anyhow? Just another illusion created by elitists to strike the fear of power into those who argue against their ethics.

Well, I really didn't make myself clear enough there. By 'uniform' I meant civilian clothing, too. In the case under discussion, the authorities will be at war with civilians, so in that context regular civvie clothing can be viewed as a 'uniform' of sorts, the uniform of the opposition to the authorities. That's why I put "uniform" in quotes in the original.

I'm not really a violent man, and can get along with anyone who wants to get along with me. I much prefer living in peace with all men. However, when someone else disturbs my peace, I can go from 0 to over the top violent in less than a second. Now, threatening my family is a sure way to see that happen, but threatening ME will do the trick, too. Who would be left to look after my family if I failed to counter such a threat?

Your concept of a uniform as a tool to strike fear of authority into the masses is dead on. That's part of my problem, I reckon. I see uniforms as just another set of clothes. I've worn them for months on end, never venturing to change into regular clothes, and as a result they tend not to strike all that much fear and awe into me. I know intimately how they're put on - the same way as a pair of blue jeans is, one leg at a time, unless you're exceptionally athletic and well coordinated!

Money IS one of the main problems, and tools of control. Straight barter won't work to replace it and maintain the same level of technology and cooperation we have at this point, but there ARE potentially suitable replacements waiting in the wings for higher level transactions, and straight barter can work surprisingly well on a local, individual, day-to-day basis.

Anyone who takes an objective look at how governments are run these days can't escape the fact that they are corporations themselves, money-making enterprises intent solely on perpetuating themselves, not a care in the world for the people they allegedly protect. They tax us, claiming it's to run the government and provide 'services', then charge us AGAIN when we make use of those services. War may be a racket, but our current governments are a racket, too, and far more pervasive.

People like you and I, we need to remain in contact. We need to spread how to rebel against the system before the system kills us.

Unless I miss my guess, you and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. That by itself is not a BAD thing. It still keeps us on the same 'coin', and two varying viewpoints of the same thing can't help but give a fuller view of the overall problem. As an allegorical example, human beings have the ability to see in 3 dimensions precisely BECAUSE they have two eyes, providing two separate viewpoints, giving us stereoscopic vision. Without those two separated viewpoints, the third dimension, wherein lies some pretty important information, just goes flat.

The trick is, not to go all rowdy with the variations in perspective, and instead USE them to the advantage of both. That's how catchers see the ball coming in 3D, and catch it, rather than getting smacked in the head with it.

Right between the eyes, if those eyes can't manage to work together.

edit on 2011/2/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

When you get the thread up, U2U a link to me and I'll drop by and see if I have anything I can add to it.

Cool, and thanks – I am planning on trying to get it up today... just getting some graphics together to make it look pretty.

As far as waking people up goes, I've found that it's generally best to make them wake themselves up. Making the connections and the ultimate discovery on their own is the only way they'll retain it. Otherwise, they'll kick and scream against it, give you all manner of grief over it, and get set even tighter in their ways, having to entrench their own positions like that.

People do once in a while wake up on their own, but there is a shock to their senses that can erupt into depression. We go to school to learn, people need to be taught... teaching people that there is a system outside of the illusion that they follow will awaken many. That is my plan, to teach.

This is the first I've heard of dischordia, but I'll check into it. Actually, ALL 'sight' is a function of the brain. Sure, they eyes are photo receptors, but nothing can be 'seen' without interpreting those images, so thinking about what one sees is an essential element of actually 'seeing'. The trick is to figure out what sort of filter is required to interpret the images through, and get that in place to filter out the crap that passes for 'conventional wisdom'.

Well, if you look at anything online – it is usually misrepresented. To me, Dischordia is a philosophy on how to break ourselves of our addiction to the illusion that is created by the elite. What exactly does the brain interpret? This is my point. Think of it in mass. The 'many' suffer at the hands of a few because the 'many' relinquish control because of the illusion of power – they (we) see police, politicians, soldiers, but yet deep down – are they not just flesh and blood? You see the illusion? What makes any man or woman greater then anyone else but the money and fear they possess? This is why I stated “You see with your eyes, but you have used your brain to see their illusion.”

Well, I really didn't make myself clear enough there. By 'uniform' I meant civilian clothing, too. In the case under discussion, the authorities will be at war with civilians, so in that context regular civvie clothing can be viewed as a 'uniform' of sorts, the uniform of the opposition to the authorities. That's why I put "uniform" in quotes in the original.

We could get really deep on this. Is not the skin also a uniform? No, not the color – the cellular composition. Do we not all wear the exact same uniform? Yes, we are all human – we all have the same genetic code – so what causes the abstract belief and illusion of power? Humans forcing other humans to obey other human beliefs in an illusion imposed by a select few. Strange isn't it? Welcome to discordia... you have always been a discordian – everyone is, they just don't know it yet.
This is from a book (filled with crazy disinformation and information) and is an excerpt from what I am writing:

“With our concept-making apparatus called “the brain” we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about-reality are mistakenly labeled 'reality' and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see 'reality' differently.”

Money IS one of the main problems, and tools of control. Straight barter won't work to replace it and maintain the same level of technology and cooperation we have at this point, but there ARE potentially suitable replacements waiting in the wings for higher level transactions, and straight barter can work surprisingly well on a local, individual, day-to-day basis.

You've got it. If people loved, there would be no need for money, neither will bartering. We as the human race need to look in things as not objects of ownership but rather how to push forward as a civilization. We all have basic needs – but yet, with our 21st century technology the majority of the world lives without these basic needs because of an elite few. Why use a system that attributes ownership of anything? Wouldn't that just contribute toward another illusion of control?

Anyone who takes an objective look at how governments are run these days can't escape the fact that they are corporations themselves, money-making enterprises intent solely on perpetuating themselves, not a care in the world for the people they allegedly protect. They tax us, claiming it's to run the government and provide 'services', then charge us AGAIN when we make use of those services. War may be a racket, but our current governments are a racket, too, and far more pervasive.

Well, if nothing happens to me – so that I can get the word out – and people can focus on humanity rather than themselves or the illusions of banks, governments and the like – the illusion of this can all go away if we opt out of it. It is up to the majority of the world whether we want to continue to be subjugated or free from oppression.

Unless I miss my guess, you and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. That by itself is not a BAD thing. It still keeps us on the same 'coin', and two varying viewpoints of the same thing can't help but give a fuller view of the overall problem. As an allegorical example, human beings have the ability to see in 3 dimensions precisely BECAUSE they have two eyes, providing two separate viewpoints, giving us stereoscopic vision. Without those two separated viewpoints, the third dimension, wherein lies some pretty important information, just goes flat.

Political spectrum. I am at no end of the political spectrum, because to me it is an illusion. Think about it. Republicans and Democrats fight over issues because they “control” the government that people reside under. Key word “under.” Why should anyone be suppressed and live 'under' a government that 'we the people' supposedly control? How much control do you have in government? Isn't is supposed to represent the people? Who is representing you? I think humanity would better itself by removing the illusions and focusing on what matters, not the governments that try to keep us apart with classicism, racism, and political silliness that contorts the real issues at hand. There is no political spectrum, only beliefs that are imposed by... humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I found his racial tones annoying - African American blah blah - as far as enemies of the people go, he should put DIVISION right up there next to IGNORANCE - and understand that the division is purposefully manufactured.

If people who are going to try and get a message out cannot see past their own racial history, then there is never going to be any useful reform.

Color of the skin means nothing to those who wield the power - if they can use it to divide people, they will.

He also fails to mention the use of banking systems and debt to enslave - economic power is perhaps on par with media power. These are the two greatest powers - followed then by dependency (control of water, energy, food), lawful power (control of judiciary - by which you can make unjust laws), and the power of the state (force - police and military to enforce unjust laws).

Despite my criticism, he at least is promoting a worthwhile message in most part.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the interview. I - being a rapper myself - cannot disagree with what this brilliant mind said. It's amazing to see someone who is willing to give up their career (and in this case, their life) for the good of mankind.
His thoughts are together and he is right when he says that Police and the Military are just "police arms" of the Elite. It is very true that the government uses intimidation, brutal force and psychological/physical abuse to push its agenda through. It's hard to believe that the U.S.A as being the Economic center of the world has a population completely manipulated by the media and by its own leaders. The U.S government managed to control all sides of the problem so there is no proof to believe that Obama would mean a new government. It's the same old Bush with a fresher, more popular look - after all, the government needs its personal marketing too!
Now, with Obama in power, people will have more empty hope and false promises and will be able to move on with life without lashing out on the gov't or so we hope. Otherwise, what's happening in Egypt would happen ten times bigger in the Americas. I really think that protesting wouldn't really help here. Changing the president doesn't mean a reform in government - it means a change of face. Like M-1 really said, our real enemy nowadays is misinformation, prejudice, stupid manipulative stereotypes promoted by the media, ignorance, lack of information. People need to know politics, they need to understand that we are fools watching a clowns show. It's time we wake up and get educated and more than that, help other people and motivate them to do the same.
Again, it's hard for a rapper to kill his career for a greater cause. But hey, if there's only Lady Gagas and Paris Hiltons and Jay-Z's everywhere making the mind of people, what will happen in twenty years? Will we be able to save humanity from a mental slavery? Opening our minds and our consciousness is the best we can do to lead the world to a better path nowadays.
And I really liked this guy....never had heard of him but he is pretty intelligent. He looks to be very smart and knows what he's talking about. Too bad I guess he talked a little too much. I just hope he doesn't end up shot in the next months by the police with the excuse of a "drug posession" or a "he reacted to being arrested so we had to shoot him down" kind of thing. We need more people like him, open minded. God help him live, we need people that seek the truth and are willing to share it with the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Rappers and prophets (?) are saying the same things. For example, Pastor David Wilkerson posted a comment titled "An Urgent Message" in his blog in March 2009 in which he warns about worldwide riots and fires. Maybe it finally started in tiny Tunisia when someone burned himself alive and people were outraged.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Another interview with rapper Immortal Technique,along the same lines as the original video.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join